Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Hypocrite Of The Day. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hypocrite Of The Day. Rate Topic: -----

#281 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 December 2020 - 10:20 PM

Well worth resurrecting this thread for Sky News' supercilious Kay "is it one rule for you and one rule for the rest of us Mr Cummins" Burley, and the pompous Beth "please answer the question Prime minister" Rigby, I'm surprised it's not been mentioned already.
How effing stupid can they be!!!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 12 December 2020 - 10:20 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#282 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 12 December 2020 - 11:31 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 12 December 2020 - 10:20 PM, said:

Well worth resurrecting this thread for Sky News' supercilious Kay "is it one rule for you and one rule for the rest of us Mr Cummins" Burley, and the pompous Beth "please answer the question Prime minister" Rigby, I'm surprised it's not been mentioned already.
How effing stupid can they be!!!

And now we discover that after being suspended by Sky she's jetted off to South Africa 🇿🇦
While we're criticising 'celebrities' can we give special mention to Rita Ora.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#283 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 12 December 2020 - 11:41 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 12 December 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

And now we discover that after being suspended by Sky she's jetted off to South Africa 🇿🇦
While we're criticising 'celebrities' can we give special mention to Rita Ora.

Surely her credibility is shot after this?
East stand second class citizen.

#284 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:12 AM

What's Beth Rigby done wrong?

Seriously, I've not heard owt about her breaking Covid restrictions.

As for Kay Burley, yup, she can no longer stand in a studio asking why others are ignoring the rules.

But then if it's consistency we're looking for, where's the credibility of a PM and cabinet who so casually dismissed daytripping Dom's road trip...

PS: isn't there an element of hypocrisy in adopting an anti-lockdown stance whilst criticising those that snub protocols?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#285 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:39 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 13 December 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

As for Kay Burley, yup, she can no longer stand in a studio asking why others are ignoring the rules.

But then if it's consistency we're looking for, where's the credibility of a PM and cabinet who so casually dismissed daytripping Dom's road trip...

PS: isn't there an element of hypocrisy in adopting an anti-lockdown stance whilst criticising those that snub protocols?

Just to create an even playing field, have you any knowledge of any Labour politicians who have broke the lockdown rules?

I'm surprised you haven't been jumping all over Joe Anderson OBE (Ex Labour Party)

This post has been edited by Quaker: 13 December 2020 - 09:43 AM

#286 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:46 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 13 December 2020 - 09:12 AM, said:

She was at the same party as Kay Burley including all 3 stops.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#287 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:07 AM

View PostQuaker, on 13 December 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

Just to create an even playing field, have you any knowledge of any Labour politicians who have broke the lockdown rules?

I'm surprised you haven't been jumping all over Joe Anderson OBE (Ex Labour Party)

Yes, from memory one has been sacked from the shadow cabinet and at least one other has been suspended.

Meanwhile both Corbyn and Long-Bailey were suspended for anti-Semitic references, as has Anderson following the charges against him.

So in the interests of that 'level playing field' let's contrast SKS's decisive action with a Bozo who promised then reneged on an investigation into tory Islamophobia, stood stoutly by 'daytripping Dom' - unlike so many of his partners - then done the same to both Jenrick and Patel after being found guilty of inappropriate behaviour...

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 13 December 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

She was at the same party as Kay Burley including all 3 stops.

Okay, ta.

Again, no longer able to press anyone else for similar stuff.

#288 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:12 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 13 December 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

Yes, from memory one has been sacked from the shadow cabinet and at least one other has been suspended.

Meanwhile both Corbyn and Long-Bailey were suspended for anti-Semitic references, as has Anderson following the charges against him.

So in the interests of that 'level playing field' let's contrast SKS's decisive action with a Bozo who promised then reneged on an investigation into tory Islamophobia, stood stoutly by 'daytripping Dom' - unlike so many of his partners - then done the same to both Jenrick and Patel after being found guilty of inappropriate behaviour...

Okay, ta.

Again, no longer able to press anyone else for similar stuff.

That's not quite right as Rigby went home after the restaurant visits and so wasn't in the party of four that went to Burley's home, however she was caught on camera hugging her as they parted.

#289 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 13 December 2020 - 01:05 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 13 December 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

The point I’m trying to make is that British politics is a mess, there isn’t a politician who hand on heart I think I would trust. You’re a hardline labour supporter of which there are many here but that doesn’t mean they should be above criticism, or any misdemeanour turn a blind eye. Personally I’m hardline no party anymore, I will never vote labour again whilst Toby Perkins is our MP and I would never vote Tory whilst it’s being run by idiots.

When you post your venom about the Tories I often think you know what, Chris makes a valid point there. But I’ve never seen any venom directed to the Labour Party to which you are unswervingly loyal. My guess is you voted Labour at the last election, happy to support an anti-semetic in the hope he would rule our country and move us forward or an adulterer who crushed his wife and family, personally I couldn’t do it. I spoiled my vote in protest which to some is a wasted vote but I see incompetence on all sides.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence, particularly Patel but SKS is not for me unfortunately he’s not telling us anything we don’t know about the current crop of Tories.

Please don’t post a load of links from the left supporting media if you chose to respond, I don’t read them just like I don’t read links posted by the Tory press.

I consider myself really lucky not being hoodwinked by any particular political party.

#290 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 December 2020 - 02:38 PM

View PostQuaker, on 13 December 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

The point I’m trying to make is that British politics is a mess, there isn’t a politician who hand on heart I think I would trust. You’re a hardline labour supporter of which there are many here but that doesn’t mean they should be above criticism, or any misdemeanour turn a blind eye. Personally I’m hardline no party anymore, I will never vote labour again whilst Toby Perkins is our MP and I would never vote Tory whilst it’s being run by idiots.

When you post your venom about the Tories I often think you know what, Chris makes a valid point there. But I’ve never seen any venom directed to the Labour Party to which you are unswervingly loyal. My guess is you voted Labour at the last election, happy to support an anti-semetic in the hope he would rule our country and move us forward or an adulterer who crushed his wife and family, personally I couldn’t do it. I spoiled my vote in protest which to some is a wasted vote but I see incompetence on all sides.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence, particularly Patel but SKS is not for me unfortunately he’s not telling us anything we don’t know about the current crop of Tories.

Please don’t post a load of links from the left supporting media if you chose to respond, I don’t read them just like I don’t read links posted by the Tory press.

I consider myself really lucky not being hoodwinked by any particular political party.

I was and still am pretty hardline in my criticism of Corbyn, 'Q'.

Plenty of examples on these pages. And I turned my thoughts into deeds by voting against him in leadership elections.

Same can be also said of some of those he surrounded himself with. I've lost count of the times I publicly slapped my forehead in frustration at their amateur ineptitudes.

Okay, you don't like TP. Fair enough. I think he's a pretty straightforward example of a mainstream Labour MP, though. With real world experience of running a business, too.

SKS? Again a mainstream politician with high level experience. He's been dubbed dull by some, but I'm impressed by his measured and intelligent approach. The perfect foil to Bozo's crass and utterly hollow showmanship.

#291 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 14 December 2020 - 03:35 AM

Quaker said:

1607864744[/url]' post='1548447']
The point I'm trying to make is that British politics is a mess, there isn't a politician who hand on heart I think I would trust. You're a hardline labour supporter of which there are many here but that doesn't mean they should be above criticism, or any misdemeanour turn a blind eye. Personally I'm hardline no party anymore, I will never vote labour again whilst Toby Perkins is our MP and I would never vote Tory whilst it's being run by idiots.

When you post your venom about the Tories I often think you know what, Chris makes a valid point there. But I've never seen any venom directed to the Labour Party to which you are unswervingly loyal. My guess is you voted Labour at the last election, happy to support an anti-semetic in the hope he would rule our country and move us forward or an adulterer who crushed his wife and family, personally I couldn't do it. I spoiled my vote in protest which to some is a wasted vote but I see incompetence on all sides.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last sentence, particularly Patel but SKS is not for me unfortunately he's not telling us anything we don't know about the current crop of Tories.

Please don't post a load of links from the left supporting media if you chose to respond, I don't read them just like I don't read links posted by the Tory press.

In Chris defence, not that he needs the likes of me to defend him, he’s a a big boy now, he has been very critical of JC at times. You may have missed it under the weight of his attacks on the theneton floppy haired oaf, but it’s most certainly there.
A new hope.

#292 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:32 AM

View PostDEATH, on 14 December 2020 - 03:35 AM, said:

In Chris defence, not that he needs the likes of me to defend him, he’s a a big boy now, he has been very critical of JC at times. You may have missed it under the weight of his attacks on the theneton floppy haired oaf, but it’s most certainly there.

You're absolutely right Chris is a big boy but you're right to defend him to put me straight.

I don't delve into the depths of politics I only scratch the surface. I watch the Andrew Marr show, that's about it. I refuse to judge politicians based on what newspapers say instead I judge them on what they say at interview.

What I find hard to understand, especially with hard liners (left, centre and right) is that they will still vote for their party no matter what the vision is.

Using Chris as an example (I'm sure he won't mind) he would still support the likes of JC becoming PM and Toby Perkins becoming Chesterfields MP irrespective of what their personal beliefs are or what they've got up to. I just couldn't do that. Like the Tories, just look at the state of Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg et al. No way would I have voted for that lot.

I don't think we should settle for the (kind of) best of a bad bunch.

I shudder to think where we would be now if the likes of Corbyn and Abbot were running the country, probably in the same mess we are in under the idiot Johnson.

#293 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:33 AM

View PostQuaker, on 14 December 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

You're absolutely right Chris is a big boy but you're right to defend him to put me straight.

I don't delve into the depths of politics I only scratch the surface. I watch the Andrew Marr show, that's about it. I refuse to judge politicians based on what newspapers say instead I judge them on what they say at interview.

What I find hard to understand, especially with hard liners (left, centre and right) is that they will still vote for their party no matter what the vision is.

Using Chris as an example (I'm sure he won't mind) he would still support the likes of JC becoming PM and Toby Perkins becoming Chesterfields MP irrespective of what their personal beliefs are or what they've got up to. I just couldn't do that. Like the Tories, just look at the state of Johnson, Gove, Rees-Mogg et al. No way would I have voted for that lot.

I shudder to think where we would be now if the likes of Corbyn and Abbot were running the country, probably in the same mess we are in under the idiot Johnson.

What do you propose as an alternative to voting for the existing political parties?

#294 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:36 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 December 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

What do you propose as an alternative to voting for the existing political parties?

I spoiled my vote.

#295 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:41 AM

View PostQuaker, on 14 December 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

I spoiled my vote.

Sounds like you can't stand either of the two main parties, wouldn't your next best option be to vote for a smaller party in the hope they might grow?

#296 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:48 AM

View PostGoku, on 14 December 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

Sounds like you can't stand either of the two main parties, wouldn't your next best option be to vote for a smaller party in the hope they might grow?

I'll be honest youth, at the moment I don't trust a single political party in our country, none of them. I think many politicians think of themselves as some kind of powerful celebrity. On polling day I walked down to the Locky Arms with the full intention of spoiling my ballot paper in protest. I really wish they had a box titled "None of the above" where I could stick my cross. I don't feel a protest vote is a wasted one.

#297 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:08 PM

Quaker said:

1607938323[/url]' post='1548630']

I agree to a large extent, it’s one reason I was so angry with labour under JC. The unelectable front bench handed the keys to possibly the worst set of Tory politicians ever.

Reece Mogg, the sum privileged upper class wealthy toff.......has nothing in common with the likes of me and thee. He probably despises me as much as I despise him.

Johnson? Don’t need to add anything.

Gove...yuk, makes we want to puke.

Goku said:

1607938424[/url]' post='1548631']

Probably green

I’d never vote blue, yellow? Prob just as bad as the others, so if you can’t vote red they seem to be the alternative protest
A new hope.

#298 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:10 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 14 June 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

Tough choice, today.

Is it the Nigel Farage who declared he'd 'pick up a rifle' to enforce Brexit - one of numerous references to civil disorder he's made, who referred to gay people as 'fags' whilst mocking someone's death, who unveiled a pejorative poster depicting fleeing refugees on the morning Jo Cox was assassinated and who, when condemning censorship of offensive remarks in 2014, declared 'Enough's enough; let people tell their jokes!'...

..yet who's reported an admittedly crass crack made by a comedian on a comedy show to the Police?

Is it conservative talk-show hosts like, say, Nick Ferrari, who usually peddle disgusted indignation at so called 'snowflakes' wasting police time yet who've said not a word to criticise Farage doing so?

Or is it that bastion of family values 'The Sun' who's front page features damnation of Jo Brand/the BBC alongside a headline backing 'Bonking Boris'? Or in other words make an ugly quip and you deserve the sack but be a serial adulterer and it's nudge-nudge, wink-wink, 'He's a bit of a lad' style support for No 10.

The winner will receive the award from yesterday's victors - all those wholesome, supposedly Christian members of Boris Johnson's audience who jeered female journo's referencing him trashing at least half the Ten Commandments...

Farage supporting Trump literally undermines everything hes been saying for years. What a sellout and a complete to$$er.

Any UK politician that supports Trump should be laughed out of the union. Jokers.

This post has been edited by AllTownArentWe: 15 December 2020 - 11:12 AM

#299 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:38 PM

View PostAllTownArentWe, on 15 December 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

Farage supporting Trump literally undermines everything hes been saying for years. What a sellout and a complete to$$er.

Any UK politician that supports Trump should be laughed out of the union. Jokers.

Just go through a selection of Tory MP's social media and see how many boast pro-Trump hashtags.

Funnily enough you won't see the same 'people have spoken/democracy must be done' style rhetoric they spout about Brexit regarding his refusal to leave the Whitehouse, mind...

#300 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:26 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 15 December 2020 - 04:38 PM, said:

Just go through a selection of Tory MP's social media and see how many boast pro-Trump hashtags.

Funnily enough you won't see the same 'people have spoken/democracy must be done' style rhetoric they spout about Brexit regarding his refusal to leave the Whitehouse, mind...

You can't cite social media because it's not a high quality source; it's made up... according to werealltownarentwe 👀

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users