• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sky/ITV deal

#1 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:40 AM

I don't know how the revenue from this new deal is to be distributed, (though I'd imagine the term 'unfairly' may well be appropriate), but surely a 40% increase must be of some financial benefit to us.

Mind you, we could certainly help ourselves a bit more in this area, by progressing in the cups, drawing one of the big boys and attracting the Sky cameras to Town. Simple, really!!!

#2 User is offline   Majorca Mac 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:44 AM

Here's the link..

http://news.bbc.co.u...all/4079956.stm

#3 User is offline   Sherman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

Majorca Mac, on Jun 11 2005, 09:40 AM, said:

I don't know how the revenue from this new deal is to be distributed, (though I'd imagine the term 'unfairly' may well be appropriate), but surely a 40% increase must be of some financial benefit to us.

Mind you, we could certainly help ourselves a bit more in this area, by progressing in the cups, drawing one of the big boys and attracting the Sky cameras to Town. Simple, really!!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plus the fact that we usually play well on the telly so the more we can get on the better ( eg Bristol City last season)

#4 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

We may get on the usual once.

#5 User is offline   dannypearson 

• MBB Players player of the year
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:footy and beer.

currently addicted to ebay and on line poker

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:36 AM

spireiteblue, on Jun 11 2005, 10:22 AM, said:

We may get on the usual once.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if we're lucky
This week, I have been mostly... drinking excessively

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

I seem to remember 3 years ago when we were the live game in Round 2 of the Coca Cola cup at home to West Ham it made us £100,000. We actually wanted to use then money to buy Mark Hudson (remember him) from M`boro but I think the league made us use it for paying creditors, we were still in administration. Also Exeter City paid off around 5 years of debt with the one fixture at Old Trafford.
I know we all can`t be drawn away to one of the big 5 but the importance of even one half decent fixture every couple of years can`t be underestimated.

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#7 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

we get fewer sky games at home coz its not as posh from what i can tell. they dnt like sitting in the box above compton. if we get off to a good start we may be in luck for the second half of the season. u never no we mite get 1 after having a better season last year

i just want to get 2 third round draw in fa cup. year since we went n e where in that except the obvious

Liam
Up the Blues

#8 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

Mr Mercury, on Jun 11 2005, 10:10 AM, said:

I seem to remember 3 years ago when we were the live game in Round 2 of the Coca Cola cup at home to West Ham it made us £100,000. We actually wanted to use then money to buy Mark Hudson (remember him) from M`boro but I think the league made us use it for paying creditors, we were still in administration. Also Exeter City paid off around 5 years of debt with the one fixture at Old Trafford.
I know we all can`t be drawn away to one of the big 5 but the importance of even one half decent fixture every couple of years can`t be underestimated.

Mr Mercury
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was that really 3 years ago - how time flies! Great atmosphere that night and yes I remember we were going to pay the cash for Mr Hudson. It would be excellent if we featured on Sky again, particularly as we don't seem to lose when we're on the telly do we? Bristol City, what a night!!

#9 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

spireloz, on Jun 11 2005, 12:58 PM, said:

Was that really 3 years ago - how time flies! Great atmosphere that night and yes I remember we were going to pay the cash for Mr Hudson. It would be excellent if we featured on Sky again, particularly as we don't seem to lose when we're on the telly do we? Bristol City, what a night!!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually think it will be three years in September/October.

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#10 User is offline   Lorraine 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

Mr Mercury, on Jun 11 2005, 11:19 AM, said:

Actually think it will be three years in September/October.

Mr Mercury
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was the first, and only, time I went on the Kop. It was brilliant. Memories hey.

#11 User is offline   SpireiteDan 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

That was a great night, we were so close to knocking them out!!! and to be fair chrissy brandon had a stormer!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users