• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turner's Trip To Kuwait

#181 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 December 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

It would've been along the lines of "thank God he didn't go out to the middle east to pursue financial backing with a quite obviously fake sheikh" I reckon. At least, that would've been my reaction.

Whilst in principle I agree with you Goku there is the question of how exactly do you tell a 'quite obviously fake sheikh'... I have had personal dealings with the real one... Maz Mahmood from the news of the screws and John Alford, tulisa etc etc were suckered by him and believe me he is one cunning individual!

From a footballing perspective the same obviously goes for munto finance, Michael knighton, tinashawata (sic), Carson young and from our own very bitter experience Darren Brown!!!!

The issue is that generally people want to believe that there are genuine investors waiting to pour millions into their club...sadly the reality is for every jack walker there is a crook! and you need to do some serious due diligence before you let them near not just a quick Google check and that's maybe what happened.

Only dave allen and Chris Turner will know the truth!!! And unfortunately we will probably never find out....

This post has been edited by Middle East: 04 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#182 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Posth again, on 03 December 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

He's Dave Allen, not the National Health Service, he's a bloke who can make his own mind up. Do you imagine for one moment that he didn't know what was going on with regards to the Middle east trip, or, for that matter, the Higdon business.
Despite all the interesting theories, and criticism of the management by the high-flying businessmen who suddenly form the majority on here, the most likely scenario is that the club were approached by somebody offering to broker a deal. This made DA's eyes light up, and though he probably thought it was too good to be true he decided it was worth a trip to the Middle east to check it out, so he sent the CEO. It wasn't worth a light, so all it cost us was the trip, assuming DA didn't pay for it himself.
I appreciate your emotional need to have somebody at the club who you can class as incompetent, and for all I know Mr. Turner may be completely useless, but you won't pin it on him from anything on this thread. With hindsight they should have left this joker alone, but some things have to be checked out in oil-rich countries. It was checked out, found to be nothing, and it's cost the club peanuts.
Move on.

You 'bump' a post from nearly a month ago on a thread I'd not contributed to since and tell me to "move on"?

Not really thought that through, have you, 'h'.

And stripping away your customary snipes we find you're once again resorting to pious waffle to disguise knowing nowt.

The episode "...cost the Club peanuts"? Where's the proof of that? On what figures do you base such a definitive statement? Infact if a couple of weeks in Kuwait for a bloke and the Wife cost "peanuts" I'm sure you'll be happy to foot the bill for a dirty weekend second honeymoon for me and Mrs MDCCCLXVI! Then was this chancer given free Club merchandise? If so how much? Did his 'brokering' incur any other expenses? Again, how much?

Come on, 'h', spell out exactly what "peanuts" means.

Nah, truth is this was no brief 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' style handshaking exercise, this was a character enjoying month after month of executive hospitality and access all areas licence at the Proact before being easily exposed by the 'Bob's Board' members you so casually sneer at. Leaving our unquestionably competent CEO with no choice but to finally sever ties, of course.

I wonder if he declared 'And I'd have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for those pesky forumites!' after being unmasked?

View Postdalekpete, on 04 December 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

I am not sure any he met out there or who paid for the trip come into that category!

Do you know who paid for what then, Pete?

You seem to suggest as much; so why not clarify?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 04 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#183 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 04 December 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Do you know who paid for what then, Pete?

You seem to suggest as much; so why not clarify?

The host in Kuwait paid for the flights and accommodation. The trip did not cost the Club anything.

Regardless of what anyone thought about Alnassar who made the contact I expect it was too good an opportunity to miss.
Peter Whiteley

#184 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

Free holiday then, cant blame the bloke.

#185 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 04 December 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

The host in Kuwait paid for the flights and accommodation. The trip did not cost the Club anything.

Regardless of what anyone thought about Alnassar who made the contact I expect it was too good an opportunity to miss.

Perhaps the host was under the impression that CFC were investing in his business! :lol:

Joking aside, the day we kicked Alnassar into touch, he tried to convince a Club official that he'd been kidnapped in Nigeria!

#186 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

Not doubting your word, Pete, but where's that come from?

I'm happy to accept you might have your own version of 'Deepthroat', but if there's any sort of official comment I'd appreciate a link.

For what it's worth I applaud Town for pursuing opportunities - as I stated in post #106 of this thread - however the protracted and inordinate licence this Alnassar enjoyed, especially after the financial revelations of the Summer, is at best embarrassing for our CEO.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 04 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

#187 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

So do "people" have a different perspective now?
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#188 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 04 December 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

So do "people" have a different perspective now?

nope. still a complete waste of time, still suckered by a conman for far too long, it was just free.

#189 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 December 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Perhaps the host was under the impression that CFC were investing in his business! :lol:

Joking aside, the day we kicked Alnassar into touch, he tried to convince a Club official that he'd been kidnapped in Nigeria!

No way!?,
Every need got an ego to feed

#190 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Stole some of the finest Nigerian parrot eggs IIRC

#191 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 December 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

nope. still a complete waste of time, still suckered by a conman for far too long, it was just free.

"It was just free"... Nah I'm not buying it!
East stand second class citizen.

#192 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

What is Chris Turner's job?

#193 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

I've read a few comments on this thread, that suggest AA has been to the Proact, as a guest of the club. Can anyone confirm thisf or sure??

Having been in and around the lounges, and on occasions the board room on match days this season, I've certainly never seen him or been told of his presence.

There is no denying this guy has "contacts" (one of the pictures on his Twitter was of Mr & Mrs Turner, and in a TV studio, during the World Cup).

#194 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 04 December 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

I've read a few comments on this thread, that suggest AA has been to the Proact, as a guest of the club. Can anyone confirm thisf or sure??

Having been in and around the lounges, and on occasions the board room on match days this season, I've certainly never seen him or been told of his presence.

There is no denying this guy has "contacts" (one of the pictures on his Twitter was of Mr & Mrs Turner, and in a TV studio, during the World Cup).

I've been told by other people they'd seen him at games and at the ground on non-matchdays.

#195 User is offline   sherbet fountain 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

Not even peanuts then.....
NORTHAMPTON 783

#196 User is offline   fatfrank 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 04 December 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

What is Chris Turner's job?

To do whatever Dave Allen tells him to do.

#197 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

I have seen him several times suited and booted in the foyet, its a fact he has been at the club.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#198 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:49 PM

Didn't you see his party having pictures taken on the pitch prior to the Fleetwood game last May?

And I'm still waiting for any official word regarding Mr and Mrs Turner's expenses this summer...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 05 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

#199 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 December 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

And I'm still waiting for any official word regarding Mr and Mrs Turner's expenses this summer...

You will not get an official answer unless you ask at the AGM or a fans' forum. While I cannot speak for the taxi to the airport and token gifts to meet the cultural aspects of such a visit, it was essentially a freebie for the Club.
Peter Whiteley

#200 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 05 December 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

You will not get an official answer unless you ask at the AGM or a fans' forum. While I cannot speak for the taxi to the airport and token gifts to meet the cultural aspects of such a visit, it was essentially a freebie for the Club.

So I guess we can take it that someone at the Club has told you as much then, Pete.

Someone that may or may not have a vested interest in the CEO being exonerated, perhaps.

But then it's pretty pointless us pursuing an issue that only the individuals involved know all the facts about.

Maybe we should simply leave things at that and allow everyone to decide for themselves whether this was an embarrassing one-off or symptomatic of deeper issues.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users