Per se
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#22 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:13 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

Me 2 I've nowt agai,nst cooky persay but some of his tactics are questionable ,me and bonny that's actually played football see things,cos we don't suck up all time like quaker ,whose nothing but a **** stirrer

Isn't Cook's first name Paul and not Percy? Or is it 'Percy Paul Cook', but he uses his second name.

Yours

in the crossbar dart.

#23 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:17 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 04 September 2023 - 04:27 PM, said:

I'm not sure why 2 people who don't know me from Adam would say think they know my opinions on cooky,I would not swap him for any manager in the league,although I don't agree on some of his decisions of which I'm not afraid to put on here( some people are just fence sitters) I still find his brand of football entertaining,he gets punters through the gates and what's good for the club financially is good for me...he still should pull defenders who are having a mare ,it seams easier to pull a forward as you can say it was tactical.

But you post your opinions on Cookie and they are not positive.

I’m happy to retract if you believe your posts are positive towards him, what I have highlighted above shows you do have some positivity so let’s all hold hands and move on.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not agreeing with some team selections etc but my point is, we don’t know the story behind his decisions and that should also be acknowledged. I don’t agree with him selecting Dobra but he must have his reasons for doing so. As he’s now only playing him from the bench I’m happy with that.

#24 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:29 PM

View PostQuaker, on 04 September 2023 - 05:17 PM, said:

But you post your opinions on Cookie and they are not positive.

I’m happy to retract if you believe your posts are positive towards him, what I have highlighted above shows you do have some positivity so let’s all hold hands and move on.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not agreeing with some team selections etc but my point is, we don’t know the story behind his decisions and that should also be acknowledged. I don’t agree with him selecting Dobra but he must have his reasons for doing so. As he’s now only playing him from the bench I’m happy with that.

Bonny is critical in a constructive way and makes a lot of sense imo.

#25 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:33 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 04 September 2023 - 05:13 PM, said:

Isn't Cook's first name Paul and not Percy? Or is it 'Percy Paul Cook', but he uses his second name.

Yours

in the crossbar dart.

Persay not Percy God have u been on pop

#26 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:57 PM

Does this board get moderated or what?

#27 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 05:57 PM

Or what

#28 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 06:02 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 05:29 PM, said:

Bonny is critical in a constructive way and makes a lot of sense imo.

I don't always agree, but constructive criticism and opinions are what this board lives on. Bonnyman knows the game. What I don't like are the idiots who know next to nowt, and sit behind Paul Cook telling him what to do.

#29 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 06:11 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 05:57 PM, said:

Or what

Clearly

View Postboot, on 04 September 2023 - 06:02 PM, said:

I don't always agree, but constructive criticism and opinions are what this board lives on. Bonnyman knows the game. What I don't like are the idiots who know next to nowt, and sit behind Paul Cook telling him what to do.

Poor old lindave

#30 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 06:18 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 04 September 2023 - 05:33 PM, said:

Persay not Percy God have u been on pop

Per Se not persay
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#31 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 06:29 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 04 September 2023 - 04:18 PM, said:

ame='Quaker' timestamp='1693839092' post='1768603']
He's a generous bloke.

I know some folk on here dont like him or feel he's not good enough for us (Warfey, Bonnyman) but he knows this game inside out and its obvious listening to other managers he is held in high regard.

I am grateful he's here and I really do trust him. I just wish the people who sit behind the dugout (Lindave and mates) just cut him some slack, stop balling and shouting at him and let him get on with his job. He isn't going to turn round and say "OK lads, I will do what you want me to do and let you pick the team and bankrupt the club signing all these new players you want".

Cookie is going to be struggling at the moment with the mistakes that are being made, folk go on like he doesn't see the same mistakes they do but the difference is, he knows his players, he know their problems and he has to manage it the best he can. We have a talented squad who are capable but we are a National League team and we wont ever get perfection.

A few folk on here were having a good old moan about Williams not taking the place of Palmer on Saturday and suggesting Cook doesnt have a clue only to discover that Cook had given Williams compassionate leave due to his wife being in labour.

Its easy to sit and judge and to "know better" when you actually don't know whats going on.

Cook likes supporters to support, even when things aren't going as well as they would like. Yep we are on equal points to the league leaders
[/quot
Don't stick my name to your **** thread he has my backing if sometimes dubious about what he does

And you you clown

Sorry Bonny, but you are blaming me for the incident last season when Cooky came up to me, I say not guilty.
Cooke lost the plot after Pools 2nd goal when the kop and a lot of fans around started singing the Maguire song. He turned round to all 4 sides of the ground in particular the top end of the West Stand to my right calling them fcking moaners and he was mimmy moaning gestures with both hands. That was very disrespectful to All fans, who up to that point even at 0-2 down were right behind the team. He went ballistic but not to where we were sat, I shouted him to fcking sit down and respect the fans. Apart from the Los song, the town fans were brilliant getting behind the Team. who can blame the fans when we give two silly early goals away in similar circumstances to the previous games. Its frustrating that Grimes his playing brilliant only to be let down by the clumsiness of Ash Palmer who was at fault again at the Shots.
Cooke is doing a brilliant job getting us to the top playing some great football and scoring loads of goals to boot. I am a massive fan of his and I am not slagging him off like you say, come and sit with me and you'll here me shouting encouragement. It was an aweful result and 2nd half at alty, I was still cheering at the side banging on the advert boards, but walked off at the end with my head down and mouth shut gutted, unlike some nobheads shouting at Cooke,Dobra and other players. Usually I am one of the last ones out and always clap the boys off no matter what the result.
lindave

#32 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 07:38 PM

Not quiet with you on this pal as I don't understand ,cookies disciplinary is awful though he gets booked too often,I don't get managers moaning at 4th officials or the ref,just lie and pretend they are brilliant,you get more decisions
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#33 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 07:49 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 04 September 2023 - 07:38 PM, said:

Not quiet with you on this pal as I don't understand ,cookies disciplinary is awful though he gets booked too often,I don't get managers moaning at 4th officials or the ref,just lie and pretend they are brilliant,you get more decisions

It's not the North East Counties. These officals are wired up (in a communication sense anyway) and managers will use this to get messages, complaints to the ref. All managers/coaches use/abuse this mode some appear to get punished more eagerly!!!! Scunny away last season springs to mind.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#34 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 04 September 2023 - 07:53 PM

Bonnyman said:

1693844875[/url]' post='1768639']
I'm not sure why 2 people who don't know me from Adam would say think they know my opinions on cooky,I would not swap him for any manager in the league,although I don't agree on some of his decisions of which I'm not afraid to put on here( some people are just fence sitters) I still find his brand of football entertaining,he gets punters through the gates and what's good for the club financially is good for me...he still should pull defenders who are having a mare ,it seams easier to pull a forward as you can say it was tactical.

I’m afraid any criticism of tactics makes us negative, even branded as Mansfield fans ! Lol.
No one is above criticism whatever their position is in life and profession but some on here are just so sheeplike in their faith it’s embarrassing at times

#35 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:09 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 04 September 2023 - 07:38 PM, said:

He's an idiot with the bookings he gets.
lindave

#36 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2023 - 08:16 PM

View Postlindave, on 04 September 2023 - 06:29 PM, said:

Sorry Bonny, but you are blaming me for the incident last season when Cooky came up to me, I say not guilty.
Cooke lost the plot after Pools 2nd goal when the kop and a lot of fans around started singing the Maguire song. He turned round to all 4 sides of the ground in particular the top end of the West Stand to my right calling them fcking moaners and he was mimmy moaning gestures with both hands. That was very disrespectful to All fans, who up to that point even at 0-2 down were right behind the team. He went ballistic but not to where we were sat, I shouted him to fcking sit down and respect the fans. Apart from the Los song, the town fans were brilliant getting behind the Team. who can blame the fans when we give two silly early goals away in similar circumstances to the previous games. Its frustrating that Grimes his playing brilliant only to be let down by the clumsiness of Ash Palmer who was at fault again at the Shots.
Cooke is doing a brilliant job getting us to the top playing some great football and scoring loads of goals to boot. I am a massive fan of his and I am not slagging him off like you say, come and sit with me and you'll here me shouting encouragement. It was an aweful result and 2nd half at alty, I was still cheering at the side banging on the advert boards, but walked off at the end with my head down and mouth shut gutted, unlike some nobheads shouting at Cooke,Dobra and other players. Usually I am one of the last ones out and always clap the boys off no matter what the result.

He had every right to lose his rag vs Pools with idiots singing for a player not in the squad and then loud moaning when Grimes didn’t boot it forward quick enough for some, the ‘supporters’ were terrible and Cook has every right to call them out on it during the game

Football fans in general think they can shout what they like at players and managers yet when they get a little bit back they get all mardy and precious and act like it’s disgraceful!

By all means criticise and post opinions on here, but during the games people should be as supportive as possible, booing etc never helps but if it must be done it should be at half or full time - criticising on here is fine an all, although some do go a little overboard

The shouting at Cook is particularly idiotic, do people really think he’ll act on what someone from the crowd is shouting or that any of the decisions he makes during a game he makes them not thinking they may make us better?

#37 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:39 AM

View PostCum on u blues, on 04 September 2023 - 07:53 PM, said:

I’m afraid any criticism of tactics makes us negative, even branded as Mansfield fans ! Lol.
No one is above criticism whatever their position is in life and profession but some on here are just so sheeplike in their faith it’s embarrassing at times

No. Calling a multiple title winning manager a "one trick pony" would be why you got so much backlash. Calling people "sheep like" because they side with him and not you would be another reason why you would get backlash.

Cookie gets shouted at alot by various supporters in the West stand so for people to dig out Lindave is unfair, but Cookie has every right to respond. He's not there to take abuse because he is passionate about his job which gets him bookings, just like he's not there to get abuse because he doesn't pick a player you might want him to. We are lucky to have him here and should trust him to do his job without shouting directly at him Everytime he makes a decision you don't like.
As it's been stated before, places like these forums, Facebook, Twitter etc. These are the places to discuss what went wrong/going wrong during the matches just don't abuse the bloke who ultimately is in control of the team and is doing a good job about it.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#38 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 05 September 2023 - 08:46 AM

Sheeeesh was meant to be a light hearted post about Cook for a change 😂😂

This post has been edited by s42blue: 05 September 2023 - 08:46 AM

"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#39 User is offline   ronpowellsbutler 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Irony

Posted 05 September 2023 - 11:03 AM

View Postborn in 1866, on 04 September 2023 - 05:07 PM, said:

Per se

A bit like the temp in a legal office who wrote a letter saying " If so, Fatso ".

#40 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2023 - 11:23 AM

View Postronpowellsbutler, on 05 September 2023 - 11:03 AM, said:

A bit like the temp in a legal office who wrote a letter saying " If so, Fatso ".

Or as Dave Gorman pointed out, when people use ‘right from the gecko’ or ‘escape goat’
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users