Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Unlike Shrewsbury - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unlike Shrewsbury I hope we dress the B2NET

#1 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Other than Shrewsbury moving into their new ground, I can't see that they've done much else, the concourses were grim and bare.

I hope some serious thought and planning has gone into making the B2NET a home and not just a shell.

This post has been edited by MP-Spire: 22 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

#2 User is offline   TB.CFC 

• CFC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

Have to agree there. Was pretty dull affair really, no atmosphere at all apart from in the away end, hope we make more of an attempt to get some noise and charecter into the ground.
Town, Town will tear you apart..again!

#3 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 22 2009, 08:58 PM, said:

Other than Shrewsbury moving into their new ground, I can't see that they've done much else, the concourses were grim and bare.

I hope some serious thought and planning has gone into making the B2NET a home and not just a shell.

I'm not expecting the concourses to be any different to the bare breeze blocks at Shrewsbury as I understand DA has been keen to minimise build costs

#4 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

View Postmoondog, on Aug 22 2009, 09:25 PM, said:

I'm not expecting the concourses to be any different to the bare breeze blocks at Shrewsbury as I understand DA has been keen to minimise build costs

A bit of decoration's not gonna break the bank.
@MancSpireites

#5 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

View Postmoondog, on Aug 22 2009, 09:25 PM, said:

After visiting the Stadium of Light last season, I mentioned to someone connected with CFC what Sunderland had done to dress up their concourses, I emailed some pics and the reply I got was, I think we can do better, so hopefully it's all in hand.

One thing's for sure, we can't do nowt like Shrewsbury.

#6 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 22 2009, 09:31 PM, said:

After visiting the Stadium of Light last season, I mentioned to someone connected with CFC what Sunderland had done to dress up their concourses, I emailed some pics and the reply I got was, I think we can do better, so hopefully it's all in hand.

tbh i hope the away end is as bleak as can be...it's the home areas i'm bothered about.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#7 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Aug 22 2009, 09:31 PM, said:

I cannot remember but do Shrewsbury have tv screens in there concourses ?

#8 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:27 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on Aug 22 2009, 09:39 PM, said:

I cannot remember but do Shrewsbury have tv screens in there concourses ?

Yep.
@MancSpireites

#9 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

View PostD Loizou, on Aug 22 2009, 09:40 PM, said:

Yep.

What more can we have then, i have been on cold concourses and no matter what you do to them they will still be cold,all you need is monitors, toilets, refreshment bars,won't be much room for anything else.....

What you got in mind Mike ?

#10 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

If they have monitors i think this would be more of a chance to use some of them for advertising and others with SSN

#11 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Many poster sized pics, from the early 1900s to this season, in a time line behind perspex, of the changing face of saltergate would give the place a `feel`.

Throw in a telly showing Jeff Stelling..............

This post has been edited by death: 23 August 2009 - 12:16 AM

A new hope.

#12 User is offline   Spire1986 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

Of course it's going to look grim. You cant polish a turd.
"Lest(er) we forget"

#13 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

View PostDema Reborn, on Aug 22 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

What more can we have then, i have been on cold concourses and no matter what you do to them they will still be cold,all you need is monitors, toilets, refreshment bars,won't be much room for anything else.....

Sunderland have divided their concourses up into sections specific to a player. For example the bar/food outlet is named after the player and serves different food to the next section. The section contains photos specific to the players era and key facts about the player himself. I'll post some photos later.

There were also boards dotted around the concourse detailing how specific elements of their Club Badge had come about.

In addition, they had monitors which were too small and large snap-to ad boards for companies to take advantage of.

Anyway, I've said enough, I'm sick of the Club ripping off my ideas and it's only August!

#14 User is offline   Spireite S41 

• Reeto!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC...erm...

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

View PostD Loizou, on Aug 22 2009, 09:26 PM, said:

A bit of decoration's not gonna break the bank.

Exacty, a lick of paint wont hurt anybody.
''Can I get a reeewind?''

#15 User is offline   Spireite S41 

• Reeto!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC...erm...

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

View Postspire1986, on Aug 23 2009, 08:24 AM, said:

LOL, I have to disagree im afraid. New Meadow is a horrible, bleak and boring ground and lessons must be learnt at Whittmoor. Even getting fans to paint designs onto the walls like a ''grafitti wall''. Fans can paint (POSITIVE!) slogans/pictures on a designated piece of wall in the concourse, such as a spire or the badge? Could even get schoolkids in to do it. Might sound abit silly but id rather that than a breezeblock wall.
''Can I get a reeewind?''

#16 User is offline   toon_blue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

One idea would be having themed bars and refreshment stands in the concourses named after Spireite legends. It's something they do at the new Wembley and the bar is decorated with large images of the player, etc. Adds a bit of character to the concourses. Also, a good sports bar like the one at Darlington on the outside of the stadium would be good, but I'm sure something like that will be included.

#17 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

View PostDema Reborn, on Aug 22 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

:unsure: Too late now, but the ultimate in concourses is at MK Dons where you can queue for a drink/snack and still have a view of the game. Handy for those of you who nip out before the half-time whistle to beat the rush.
Many a good tune

#18 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:58 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on Aug 24 2009, 11:35 AM, said:

:lol: Too late now, but the ultimate in concourses is at MK Dons where you can queue for a drink/snack and still have a view of the game. Handy for those of you who nip out before the half-time whistle to beat the rush.

Solved by most modern stadiums having TV screens above the catering areas showing the match

#19 User is offline   AlexCFC 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

View Postspire1986, on Aug 23 2009, 08:24 AM, said:

As a figure of speech that is true, bear in mind notts county, manchester city etc, but in actual fact, you can polish a turd, it has been done on mythbusters. Just thought i'd let you know :lol:

#20 User is offline   BARABAS 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Psychic development, astral projection, meditation, mantras, kundalini, the writings of Krishnamurta, scrabble.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

The Aztecs and Incas used the design of their pyramids to harness the powers of the sun. A new ground would enable us to use similar design concepts - for instance if all the floodlights were placed on the southern end of the ground their columns could be arranged in such a way that cosmic energy was channelled directly onto the pitch. The SPIRITES could then harness that energy to maximise POSITIVITY. Harmonious colour patterns on the roofs would also assist the gathering of cosmic energy. Just imagine the mighty SPIRITE chant of AUM RESHNI CHAAT ringing out as the power of the cosmos floods into the ground.
Peace and Universal Love to all SPIRITES.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users