Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: My first impressions - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My first impressions

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

Early doors I know but I have been most impressed with the teams approach in the 2 home games so far. There seems to be a lot more resolve, grit and determination within the team under JS. We are fighting for every ball, we are winning second balls, the tackles have more bite to them, we are no longer being bullied. Certain players are now starting to look like footballers, Page who I am not a fan of is looking a little like the player we thought he was when Rico Signed him. Lowery seems to have found his niche and looks more and more like a goal threat from the right wing. Picken looks rejuvenated. Allott along with Breckin looks like they have never been away. My problems so far is that Talbot is not a striker and never will be IMO he is wasted up front saying that he is doing the best he can. Jack seems disinterested at the moment don't know why. Austin is doing OK at LB but at his age he can at the best be only a short term answer. JS says he needs to move players out to bring new ones in. We all have our own ideas who these should be as will JS all I say is move these out ASAP as we are desperate for a partner for Jack and a left winger for when the loan is finished.

So I will say alright so far but work still needs doing if we are to challenge for promotion
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 22 2009, 07:42 PM, said:

Early doors I know but I have been most impressed with the teams approach in the 2 home games so far. There seems to be a lot more resolve, grit and determination within the team under JS. We are fighting for every ball, we are winning second balls, the tackles have more bite to them, we are no longer being bullied. Certain players are now starting to look like footballers, Page who I am not a fan of is looking a little like the player we thought he was when Rico Signed him. Lowery seems to have found his niche and looks more and more like a goal threat from the right wing. Picken looks rejuvenated. Allott along with Breckin looks like they have never been away. My problems so far is that Talbot is not a striker and never will be IMO he is wasted up front saying that he is doing the best he can. Jack seems disinterested at the moment don't know why. Austin is doing OK at LB but at his age he can at the best be only a short term answer. JS says he needs to move players out to bring new ones in. We all have our own ideas who these should be as will JS all I say is move these out ASAP as we are desperate for a partner for Jack and a left winger for when the loan is finished.

So I will say alright so far but work still needs doing if we are to challenge for promotion

Good post fish, most of which i will agree with although i think you are slightly harsh on Jack in saying he looks disinterested - that's not the impression i carried away with me on Weds, although i haven't been today. I would say that so far he lacks a sharpness he's shown previously.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#3 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

View PostBankrobber, on Aug 22 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

Good post fish, most of which i will agree with although i think you are slightly harsh on Jack in saying he looks disinterested - that's not the impression i carried away with me on Weds, although i haven't been today. I would say that so far he lacks a sharpness he's shown previously.

Jack will come good and get the goals,i am glad others are scoring though......

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

View PostBankrobber, on Aug 22 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

You have to ask why? Could the Notts County offer have upset him more than we think? I realise the offer to the club was an insult but you have to wonder what they offered him. It was maybe just something they did to unsettle him. could it have worked?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 22 2009, 07:53 PM, said:

You have to ask why? Could the Notts County offer have upset him more than we think? I realise the offer to the club was an insult but you have to wonder what they offered him. It was maybe just something they did to unsettle him. could it have worked?

Possibly...although like i say he looked determined to prove a point the other night. Makes you wonder whether that was because of the opposition though.

I'm sure everyone is behind Jack and can't wait for him to be back on the scoresheet. It's a long way off yet, but if he could get 100 goals for Town, what an achievement that would be.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#6 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

He looked interested enough today as he did against county. Saying, almost evertthing he touched today in the seconf half turned to Bunkum. Donal was another one.

How long is it going to take Sheriden to realise where Talbot should be playing. No substitutions when clearly we were wilting Some players not getting a chance.

Sounds like Rico's epithaph
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#7 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

McDermott looked knackered today as well. I suppose it's best we don't have a match for a week.
@MancSpireites

#8 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

Prior to signing for us, Lester had not been prolific at any of his previous clubs. Richardson seemed to get the best out of him and one of my concerns was that a different manager might struggle to get the same level of goals return out of him or that there may be a personality clash between star player and new manager.

On the evidence so far, Sheridan’s tactics have seen us being more controlled but at the same time still attack minded. The chances created suggest it is only a matter of time before Sir Jack is amongst the goals again.

Jack’s performances this season have been generally good and the only thing missing are the goals.
If only....

#9 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

View PostSkywalker, on Aug 22 2009, 08:15 PM, said:

Prior to signing for us, Lester had not been prolific at any of his previous clubs. Richardson seemed to get the best out of him and one of my concerns was that a different manager might struggle to get the same level of goals return out of him or that there may be a personality clash between star player and new manager.

On the evidence so far, Sheridan’s tactics have seen us being more controlled but at the same time still attack minded. The chances created suggest it is only a matter of time before Sir Jack is amongst the goals again.

Jack’s performances this season have been generally good and the only thing missing are the goals.

No panic guaranteed 20 plus, he needs someone in the midle with him to play off

#10 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:13 PM

View Postfishini, on Aug 22 2009, 07:42 PM, said:

Jack seems disinterested at the moment don't know why.

I wouldn't normally be bothered to respond, but in the two matches you have seen, Jack has laid on 2 winning goals and was far from disinterested. Maybe the reason you don't know why is that you can't work it out.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#11 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

View Postdim view, on Aug 22 2009, 08:26 PM, said:

I wouldn't normally be bothered to respond, but in the two matches you have seen, Jack has laid on 2 winning goals and was far from disinterested. Maybe the reason you don't know why is that you can't work it out.

Sorry I forgot to put my opinions through your opinion filter. I will do so next time if I remember
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#12 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

Today we looked to have an hang over from the midweek game, 1 day less than Shrews to recover. Very open game second half anyone could have won it.

We are desperate for someone up front to finish the approach play. McDermott hardly in thr game.
Big Kev way out of position for their goal.

Tommy saved us again. Why no subs when we were so tired in obvious positions.
God I hate this league.

#13 Guest_djs_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

Two terrific games, two indifferent, we're finding it hard to score although we seem to be creating alot of chances. We're play a whole lot better football this year........ 10 games into the season would be a good time to give a fairer judgement.
Just one other thing, Jack was excellent against County and he set us on our way in getting the first penalty. I think he was the only player in our squad who could have drawn the foul to get the spot kick, most players would have come inside. He will come good for us again and I expect between 15 and 20 goals from him this season.

#14 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Aug 22 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

No panic guaranteed 20 plus, he needs someone in the midle with him to play off

I know it's a dirty word but he seemed to enjoy playing with Gritten when we had width last season. Of course all we need is width!
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#15 Guest_djs_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

View Postazul, on Aug 22 2009, 08:43 PM, said:

I know it's a dirty word but he seemed to enjoy playing with Gritten when we had width last season. Of course all we need is width!

Right then rest Donaldo play Drew wide left and Gritts at the side of Jack......... Actually thats not a bad idea. Then bring Donal on for the last 30mins

#16 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

View Postazul, on Aug 22 2009, 08:43 PM, said:

It's far too early to discount his partnership with Drew. We are 3 unbeaten, Drew has got us 2 penalties, and both Jack and Drew have missed easy chances. Their combined effect might just be the reason why Lowry is playing so much better. My game plan is just to chill out for about 10 games.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#17 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:05 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on Aug 22 2009, 08:40 PM, said:

Today we looked to have an hang over from the midweek game, 1 day less than Shrews to recover. Very open game second half anyone could have won it.

We are desperate for someone up front to finish the approach play. McDermott hardly in thr game.

I know they`re proffessional atheletes etc, but I feel that was a major point Yesterday. We have played 3 high tempo games on three very hot days and it showed yesterday..That extra day off for the shrews could well have got them all 3 points,..
BIN THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT GAMES
East stand second class citizen.

#18 Guest_djs_*

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on Aug 22 2009, 08:40 PM, said:

It did'nt effect County....... Should'nt have been a problem!

#19 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:51 AM

View Postdjs, on Aug 23 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

It did'nt effect County....... Should'nt have been a problem!

What a reply, what bearing does that reply have in respect of our performance. Total insignificant.
God I hate this league.

#20 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

I realise the offer to the club was an insult but you have to wonder what they offered him. It was maybe just something they did to unsettle him. could it have worked?

They can't offer him anything, he is under contract with us. They made the club an offer, it was declined, they made no offer to Jack Lester at all. Its illegal.

This post has been edited by Mark Jones: 23 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users