• You cannot reply to this topic

January Transfer Rumours

#21 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 January 2024 - 06:25 PM

View Postdtp, on 03 January 2024 - 06:09 PM, said:

For those of us that can't be bothered with X or Twitter or whatever it would be nice if names are quoted rather than links we can't linked to, please.

James Olayinka - ex Arsenal, loaned to Northampton, then Southend and then signed for Cheltenham...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#22 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 06:55 PM

View PostBenno Spire, on 03 January 2024 - 04:58 PM, said:

There is a big difference of say an optimistic bid 0f £25,000 and a more realistic bid of £300K plus.

We could post we have made a bid for Sancho at Manchester United but its unlikely to be accepted by the club or player.

6 months left on his deal. He’s worth much closer to 25k than 300k. His value will be calculated as how much the club is prepared to turn down for 6 months of what you can assume will be a fairly disgruntled dobra.

Non of these anonymous twitter accounts are worth bothering with. If you can’t see who’s posting the messages assume it’s someone with not much better to do

This post has been edited by DMU Blue: 03 January 2024 - 06:57 PM

Up the Blues

#23 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:09 PM

So as suspected the DT are reporting the tweet isn’t true and no bid has been received for dobra.

#24 User is offline   FORZA AZZURRI 

• World Champions 1934*1938** 1982***2006****
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:17 PM

Luke Williams NC manager off to Swansea apparently.
World Champions 1934 1938 1982 2006 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Euro Champions 1968” 2020”

#25 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:18 PM

Stand by for the 'Cook to Notts' stories, then...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#26 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:36 PM

Dobra is more than capable of playing at decent level, his recent performances have been excellent, with slightly reduced gamesmanship. Like all players he will want to better himself and earn as much as possible. Like every one , would love him to stay and continue to perform, but if the right move comes for him so be it.We have the strength in depth to continue winning and get promoted.
Rumours will circulate regardless of substance, Dobra leaving in this window however isn't a wild one.

#27 User is online   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:43 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 03 January 2024 - 07:36 PM, said:

Dobra is more than capable of playing at decent level, his recent performances have been excellent, with slightly reduced gamesmanship. Like all players he will want to better himself and earn as much as possible. Like every one , would love him to stay and continue to perform, but if the right move comes for him so be it.We have the strength in depth to continue winning and get promoted.
Rumours will circulate regardless of substance, Dobra leaving in this window however isn't a wild one.

Agreed.
He's the most likely and tbf, who can blame him.
We have a solid spine to the team with Grigg, Naylor, Grimes and Tyrer/Boot and all other positions in the starting 11 are interchangeable/ up for grabs.
If the Oxford United one is owt to go by, they're in a playoff position and a decent chance of playing Championship football next season - worst case still in L1 which would still be higher than where we will be next season.

#28 User is online   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:43 PM

View PostFORZA AZZURRI, on 03 January 2024 - 07:17 PM, said:

Luke Williams NC manager off to Swansea apparently.

Phil Parkinson of Altrincham and Stuart Maynard at Wealdstone are names linked with that post already. Wouldn’t mind either these two at Town if Cook and Webby weren’t here, two good managers doing a cracking job with limited funds.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#29 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:51 PM

View PostDIFH, on 03 January 2024 - 05:35 PM, said:

Sheffield U in for Kasper Shmichael if you look on bbc rumours.

That would be a cracking signing for them.
lindave

#30 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:56 PM

danblue said:

1704311012[/url]' post='1794298']
Agreed.
He's the most likely and tbf, who can blame him.
We have a solid spine to the team with Grigg, Naylor, Grimes and Tyrer/Boot and all other positions in the starting 11 are interchangeable/ up for grabs.
If the Oxford United one is owt to go by, they're in a playoff position and a decent chance of playing Championship football next season - worst case still in L1 which would still be higher than where we will be next season.

Let’s face it, he wants away. Despite that to his credit he’s been great the last few games (some might say to strengthen his chances of getting away). Like others I think if we get a decent price for him I won’t be shedding any tears. Many more fish in the sea as they say

#31 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 07:57 PM

If dobra was to go even without bringing a replacement in we’d be left with, in no particular order…..Banks, Colclough, Jacobs, Mandeville and Berry to pick from in the attacking three so we’d hardly be short of quality.

#32 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:00 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 03 January 2024 - 06:25 PM, said:

James Olayinka - ex Arsenal, loaned to Northampton, then Southend and then signed for Cheltenham...

Thanks, Ian.

Never heard of him!

#33 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:01 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 03 January 2024 - 07:56 PM, said:

if we get a decent price for him..

That's the issue - we will get very little for a National League player in the last 6 months of his contract. We may as well keep him if we can and say our farewells at the end of the season with (hopefully) mission accomplished.
We're on our way

#34 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:09 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield said:

1704309484[/url]' post='1794290']
Stand by for the 'Cook to Notts' stories, then...

Supporters need to understand that players and managers are the variables at any club whatever is spouted or not by both. No need to get too attached to either. When they’ve been and gone as in the past the only certainty is that the supporters will remain there. That’s why it’s healthy to remain critical in a positive way - keep them on their toes without giving them blind obedience.
In a year or so I would guess things will change at our club whatever the outcome at the end of the season

#35 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:13 PM

View PostMac, on 03 January 2024 - 08:01 PM, said:

That's the issue - we will get very little for a National League player in the last 6 months of his contract. We may as well keep him if we can and say our farewells at the end of the season with (hopefully) mission accomplished.

However, there could be bidding war, after all clubs may see such a player as the final piece in their promotion jigsaw. What’s a couple of hundred grand to some clubs? They could have the player this season then, not next.

#36 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:15 PM

View PostMac, on 03 January 2024 - 08:01 PM, said:

My gut is barring a silly offer he won’t leave in January then come the summer he’s wanting league football and out of the national league. If we go up then we’ve a good chance he stays providing his demands are reasonable and there are no offers from decent league one sides.

#37 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:17 PM

View PostDMU Blue, on 03 January 2024 - 06:55 PM, said:

6 months left on his deal. He’s worth much closer to 25k than 300k. His value will be calculated as how much the club is prepared to turn down for 6 months of what you can assume will be a fairly disgruntled dobra.

Non of these anonymous twitter accounts are worth bothering with. If you can’t see who’s posting the messages assume it’s someone with not much better to do

It’s not anonymous though, it tells you who’s story it is on the link, Peter O’Rouke who does seem to have a decent strike rate, including some deals involving us in the past.

#38 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:30 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 03 January 2024 - 07:36 PM, said:

He's one of my favourite players and had he not got injured last season, I think he would have run Mandy close for player of the season. He gives us something different and he's a winner who plays every game like it's his last.

I don't blame young players who want to play at the highest level and earn as much as they can, but you only have to look at the fortunes of Andrew Dallas since he signed for Barnsley to realise how such moves can put the brakes on a career. Playing regular first team football at a club where he is appreciated and working for a manager like Paul Cook should not be overlooked.

I, for one, hope we can get him signed up.

#39 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 January 2024 - 08:49 PM

View PostBlue5, on 03 January 2024 - 08:30 PM, said:

He's one of my favourite players and had he not got injured last season, I think he would have run Mandy close for player of the season. He gives us something different and he's a winner who plays every game like it's his last.

I don't blame young players who want to play at the highest level and earn as much as they can, but you only have to look at the fortunes of Andrew Dallas since he signed for Barnsley to realise how such moves can put the brakes on a career. Playing regular first team football at a club where he is appreciated and working for a manager like Paul Cook should not be overlooked.

I’m with you, a very good footballer, who apparently works very hard in training (‘he has to be dragged off the training ground’) wants to play every game (Cook: ‘I hide in my dressing room when I don’t pick him’) and is just as willing to tackle back as run and dribble with the ball. A crowd pleaser and the ability to turn games (which he should have done at Wembley- bar the events at the other end).All at the age of 22.
It’s certainly a risk that when players move up the ladder, they don’t make it, but I’m sure more will know the stories of players like Ollie Watkins and Jarrod Braithwaite rather than the sad one of Dallas.

#40 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2024 - 09:27 PM

View PostBlue5, on 03 January 2024 - 08:30 PM, said:

Fully agree,and would love him to stay but money talks and I fear there will be a few tempting offers put on the table to him

Share this topic:

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users