• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Today..

#1 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:08 PM

sorry lads but that was rubbish.... a gutless performance against a team there for the taking...

Huge pitch, made for our width.... but where was Hursty? cutting inside and playing centre mid for most of the game... Hughes, as my old fella says. (wouldnt pay him in washers).

One thing is certain.... its only when hes not playing you truly appreciate how important Allott is to the team.. we missed him enormously today... that balance in midfield and ability to find and link up with the wide men... too narrow today on a pitch that begged for width...

Thank god for MOM by a mile .. Aaron Downes... fantastic doesnt do him justice today.... AWESOME.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Dec 16 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

sorry lads but that was rubbish.... a gutless performance against a team there for the taking...

Huge pitch, made for our width.... but where was Hursty? cutting inside and playing centre mid for most of the game... Hughes, as my old fella says. (wouldnt pay him in washers).

One thing is certain.... its only when hes not playing you truly appreciate how important Allott is to the team.. we missed him enormously today... that balannce in midfielder and ability to find and link up with the wide men... too narrow today on a pitch that begged for width...

Thank god for MOM by a mile .. Aaron Downes... fantastic doesnt do him justice today.... AWESOME.

with Allot not being in there today, got to say I expected a shambles and no points

#3 User is offline   TB.CFC 

• CFC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Without Downes today, we would have lost by atleast 2 more. Credit to him but the rest fo the team were awful, Hurst played most fo the game in the cntre and was ineffective. Nivens passing and general play was the worst ive seenfrom him.
Town, Town will tear you apart..again!

#4 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:01 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Dec 16 2006, 07:16 PM, said:

with Allot not being in there today, got to say I expected a shambles and no points

We would have lost today even if Allott had been in the team,we haven't got the consistency up front,where it really matters,if Hurst as an off day the team does too,Larkin was he on the pitch today,fans cry out for Jackson but he doesn't do it when called upon,good job we had Downes in the defence we would have lost by more,we should beat teams like Bradford quite easily,if we lose to Huddersfield next week i will be very disappointed :(

#5 User is offline   Dan_CFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

View Postblue boy, on Dec 16 2006, 07:54 PM, said:

Without Downes today, we would have lost by atleast 2 more. Credit to him but the rest fo the team were awful, Hurst played most fo the game in the cntre and was ineffective. Nivens passing and general play was the worst ive seenfrom him.

We were toothless up front!
Is Larkin really good enough for a Play-off push?People can't say it's his confidence-it's ability.
Midfield were poor, Downes and Bailey played pretty well,Shaw looked lost.
Chief made a big impact when he came on we actually had a forward on the pitch who could win the inevitable long ball.But we shouldn't be relying on a 38 yr old forward, a 19 yr old kid and to top it all off a centre half to get us a point when it should have been all 3 against a poor Bradford side, we did miss Allott but we missed the Bull twice as much he would of smashed them out of sight with 2 slow centre backs loving the long ball treatment.
No creativity when Hurst isn't firing, obviously he can't do it every week, someone needs to step up and get noticed.
Keep Hounding Kev!

#6 User is offline   cooper6271.freeserve.co.uk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:12 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Dec 16 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

One thing is certain.... its only when hes not playing you truly appreciate how important Allott is to the team.. we missed him enormously today... that balance in midfield and ability to find and link up with the wide men... too narrow today on a pitch that begged for width...

Trouble is Marlon, its to much rubbish and until the manager back slappers come to face up to the fact it will continue in the same vain.It is time for a change for the sake of this football club,until the powers that be are honest either stand down or Macfarland resigns or gets the sack we are in big trouble mate.

#7 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

View Postcooper6271.freeserve.co.uk, on Dec 16 2006, 08:12 PM, said:

Trouble is Marlon, its to much rubbish and until the manager back slappers come to face up to the fact it will continue in the same vain.It is time for a change for the sake of this football club,until the powers that be are honest either stand down or Macfarland resigns or gets the sack we are in big trouble mate.

I've always been 100% behind Roy Mac but after today I'm not so sure...........

#8 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

Ive not been but interested to hear how hughes played as he was very poor in cup game and as not featured in team since.cant understand why he got the nod over gaz davies who must be worth a run out?

#9 User is offline   Dan_CFC 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

View PostWESTBARS SPIREITE, on Dec 16 2006, 08:18 PM, said:

I've always been 100% behind Roy Mac but after today I'm not so sure...........

I'm behind Roy and think he's put together when everybody's fit a decent 11, but in depth we don't have enough quality (evident today) but he probably can't assemble a squad with quality in depth with the wages thier letting him have to attract these players never mind pay them.

This post has been edited by Dan_CFC: 16 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

Keep Hounding Kev!

#10 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

View PostEddie63, on Dec 16 2006, 08:23 PM, said:

Ive not been but interested to hear how hughes played as he was very poor in cup game and as not featured in team since.cant understand why he got the nod over gaz davies who must be worth a run out?

Surprised also as Gaz has featured on the bench when Hughes hasnt made the squad.. felt sure Gaz would replace Allott today... unfortunately i think he suffers from the utility player tag...

Hughes.. tough call... as my old fella said "is he Innes in disguise?"
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Rich 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:33 PM

View PostEddie63, on Dec 16 2006, 08:23 PM, said:

Garbage, a repeat of his 'performance' from the Basingstoke game. Just doesn't seem interested. Thurrock seems about his level...

As for Davies, I agree he should've started in place of Hughes as he wouldn't have shown himself up as bad. Probably wouldn't win you a game but wouldn't lose you one either. He would die for the cause unlike Hughes...

#12 User is offline   Eddie63 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:34 PM

roy has a habit of bringing players into the team straight from the stand rather than via the bench.

#13 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:38 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Dec 16 2006, 08:31 PM, said:

Surprised also as Gaz has featured on the bench when Hughes hasnt made the squad.. felt sure Gaz would replace Allott today... unfortunately i think he suffers from the utility player tag...

It is the same old story,players like Hughes are not going to come in and play like world beaters he needs more time,when we lose players through injury or suspension we haven't got much in reserve,have we.

#14 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on Dec 16 2006, 08:31 PM, said:

Hughes has obviously been a disappointment overall, Roy has said so himself, but it may be that he is actually a Niven replacement and would be at his best playing alongside Allott. Sadly, that might not happen before his contract is up.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#15 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

View Postdim view, on Dec 16 2006, 08:59 PM, said:

Hughes has obviously been a disappointment overall, Roy has said so himself, but it may be that he is actually a Niven replacement and would be at his best playing alongside Allott. Sadly, that might not happen before his contract is up.

Possibly a January replacement for Niven

#16 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:12 PM

View PostDan_CFC, on Dec 16 2006, 08:26 PM, said:

I'm behind Roy and think he's put together when everybody's fit a decent 11, but in depth we don't have enough quality (evident today) but he probably can't assemble a squad with quality in depth with the wages thier letting him have to attract these players never mind pay them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning against him.......just disillusioned after today.

#17 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:25 PM

I would like to call that today total and utter garbage but it wasn't even that good, yet again we play to the level of the opposition, will Roy and the team ever learn?

Can't wait for your contract to expire next year Roy becuase other than the odd game here and there you are giving us dog poo to watch and pay for
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Dec 16 2006, 09:02 PM, said:

Possibly a January replacement for Niven

I don't think Del's in a rush to move Ern.

#19 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:48 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Dec 16 2006, 09:27 PM, said:

I don't think Del's in a rush to move Ern.

I don' t think anybody's in a rush to sign him. For all his qualities he has one terrible weakness - no prizes for the answer.

#20 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:49 PM

View Postboot, on Dec 16 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

I don' t think anybody's in a rush to sign him. For all his qualities he has one terrible weakness - no prizes for the answer.

His goals :blink:

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users