Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Allott Captain??? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Allott Captain???

#1 User is offline   pickoCFC 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Town Town and more Town!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:02 AM

This post may upset a few people but hey this is my opinion…..
I think it’s long overdue that we require a new skipper!
Since Allott was appointed when Shinner got injured last season we have won only a handful of games, the poor run from January last season & the disappointing games this season.
The man doesn’t motivate the players on the pitch, he cant be heard and his body language is poor when things arent going right on the pitch.
His long range passing and great control which has won over many people seems to have left him and all he seems to do now is hospital balls and sideways passes (I remember last night where we had a nice passing movement, Larkin cut inside laid off to Allott who then wanted to switch all the way back to Bailey, he then hit it straight at the ref instead of playing in Niven and Shaw who had made good runs into the area)

Most games he just seems to be on the pitch for his long throw!

My solution.
Since Blathers has retired, the only other experience we have are Hally and Hazell neither are captain material and the Chief only a bit part player.
We cant seem to sign that experienced player mainly due to lack of funds, so why don’t we offer a player the Captains role to compensate for this?
We are desperate for that experienced player at centre half and in centre midfield and this would surely ease any financial problems we encounter trying to sign one!

#2 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:40 AM

I agree we need a new captain, someone who can shout at players and tell them what to do, we definately need a new leader on the pitch, but i doubt we have an adequate replacement in the ranks.

Allott might be a sound player and captain but he isn't that suitable for our requirements currently.

It's always good in my opinion when you can hear players encouranging others on when your stood on the kop, i haven't heard that in ages.

#3 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:09 AM

View PostBlueprint, on Dec 7 2006, 09:40 AM, said:

I agree we need a new captain, someone who can shout at players and tell them what to do, we definately need a new leader on the pitch, but i doubt we have an adequate replacement in the ranks.

Allott might be a sound player and captain but he isn't that suitable for our requirements currently.

It's always good in my opinion when you can hear players encouranging others on when your stood on the kop, i haven't heard that in ages.

Whilst Mark Allott didn't have a good game last night, I don't know what stripping him of the captaincy would achieve. We've an inexperienced side which needs addressing and we have experienced pros who aren't pulling their weight.

Roy needs to start upsetting a few people.

#4 User is offline   david_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Seeing the mighty Spireites obviously

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:37 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Dec 7 2006, 10:09 AM, said:

Whilst Mark Allott didn't have a good game last night, I don't know what stripping him of the captaincy would achieve. We've an inexperienced side which needs addressing and we have experienced pros who aren't pulling their weight.

He should remain captain, although I do think he is treated as a player that cannot put a foot wrong! Last night (unless going backwards, which was annoying) his distribution was shocking! I dont think he got one pass forward right all night, when we were pushing for a goal, he would slow the play down and play it backwards!
Come On Spireites

#5 User is offline   Phil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:54 PM

we currently have no leader on the pitch and no suitable captain either.

#6 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

View PostSpireitephil, on Dec 7 2006, 12:54 PM, said:

Get Evatt back - we need some passion out there!

This post has been edited by Rick Payne: 07 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#7 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

View PostSpireitephil, on Dec 7 2006, 12:54 PM, said:

Get Nicky Law back :P

We definately need a leader, as phil says we currently have no one.

This post has been edited by Blueprint: 07 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

#8 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

The drive back home after the match listening to talksport was (like other drives home in the middle of the night) dominated by moaning hammers fans.

The consensus from them and alvin 'appy ammer'martin was to strip the woeful reo-coker of the captaincy.

The type of player they all wanted to be captain was one of their better, most consistant players who has a lot of respect in the dressing room.

The simple thought i had was, we've got exactly that in Mark Allott, oh, and maybe we can get the hammer's new chairman to splash a few million on him.

#9 User is offline   TB.CFC 

• CFC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:58 PM

View PostRick Payne, on Dec 7 2006, 12:57 PM, said:

Get Evatt back - we need some passion out there!

Hear Hear
Town, Town will tear you apart..again!

#10 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

I would make Phil Picken captain.

#11 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:53 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Dec 7 2006, 10:09 AM, said:

Perhaps to trigger such a response, someone would firstly need to upset Roy. Perhaps you and your tutting chums in the Centre Stand could wind him up again, Mike...
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#12 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Dec 8 2006, 02:53 PM, said:

Perhaps to trigger such a response, someone would firstly need to upset Roy. Perhaps you and your tutting chums in the Centre Stand could wind him up again, Mike...

I have a tendency to growl rather than tut. Still, I was hoping BH may have a word.

#13 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:45 PM

I think allott does well enough. he leads by example. is very steady and gets stuck in when counted upon. top player, we will miss him against bradford
Up the Blues

#14 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

I wonder if some of the critics, especially the one who started this thread, saw his brilliant performance against Oldham and wish to comment?

#15 User is offline   david_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Seeing the mighty Spireites obviously

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

View Postsophocles, on Dec 11 2006, 11:58 AM, said:

I wonder if some of the critics, especially the one who started this thread, saw his brilliant performance against Oldham and wish to comment?

However, as for every player, you have to remember one performance doesnt make a season!

I know he has had good games, just sometimes frustrating when he does not play the ball forward, when it is evident (from Oldham) that he can and we score!
Come On Spireites

#16 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:47 PM

View Postdavid_cfc, on Dec 11 2006, 12:45 PM, said:

However, as for every player, you have to remember one performance doesnt make a season!

I know he has had good games, just sometimes frustrating when he does not play the ball forward, when it is evident (from Oldham) that he can and we score!

Be interesting to see in which games you think he has been one of our worst players?

#17 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:55 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Dec 11 2006, 12:47 PM, said:

Be interesting to see in which games you think he has been one of our worst players?

It will be interesting to see how we play without him at Bradford
Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#18 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

View PostpickoCFC, on Dec 7 2006, 09:02 AM, said:

This post may upset a few people but hey this is my opinion…..
I think it’s long overdue that we require a new skipper!
Since Allott was appointed when Shinner got injured last season we have won only a handful of games, the poor run from January last season & the disappointing games this season.
The man doesn’t motivate the players on the pitch, he cant be heard and his body language is poor when things arent going right on the pitch.
His long range passing and great control which has won over many people seems to have left him and all he seems to do now is hospital balls and sideways passes (I remember last night where we had a nice passing movement, Larkin cut inside laid off to Allott who then wanted to switch all the way back to Bailey, he then hit it straight at the ref instead of playing in Niven and Shaw who had made good runs into the area)

Most games he just seems to be on the pitch for his long throw!

My solution.
Since Blathers has retired, the only other experience we have are Hally and Hazell neither are captain material and the Chief only a bit part player.
We cant seem to sign that experienced player mainly due to lack of funds, so why don’t we offer a player the Captains role to compensate for this?
We are desperate for that experienced player at centre half and in centre midfield and this would surely ease any financial problems we encounter trying to sign one!

Had to laugh at The Sun today describing Mark Allott as 'tough tackling'. I nearly choked on me fruit corner.

#19 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:46 PM

View Postdavid_cfc, on Dec 11 2006, 12:45 PM, said:

However, as for every player, you have to remember one performance doesnt make a season!I know he has had good games, just sometimes frustrating when he does not play the ball forward, when it is evident (from Oldham) that he can and we score!

I was simply referring to that game as the most recent, Allott has been our most important player in almost EVERY game this season, at least for those who can see what's happening in front of them and have a scrap of football understanding.

#20 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

View Postsophocles, on Dec 11 2006, 08:46 PM, said:

I was simply referring to that game as the most recent, Allott has been our most important player in almost EVERY game this season, at least for those who can see what's happening in front of them and have a scrap of football understanding.

Your wasting your time m8!
This is more for you than the others cos we'd be wasting our breath!

Our captain:
Fights hard!
Gives the ball away the least in the whole squad - by a long shot!
When he does (and that’s not very often); he tries his hardest to gain it back & usually does!
95% of a season you can depend on him!
1 or 2 bad games per season the rest he is in the top 3 players in EVERY match - guaranteed!
Game after game he is solid & effective!
His passing is up there with the best in this league!
Scores the odd cracking goal!
Leads by example - the rest of the players could do far worse than to copy him!

His down side - Yes he's not a vocal captain but that doesn't mean jack sh! t!
His passing is not as penetrate as you would like!
Doesn’t score enough goals!

BUT HEY! If you could tick the last three boxes and add them to the ones already ticked he would be playing for England never mind in the premiership!
Mark Allott is in my humble opinion will be a better servant to our small club than dare I even say it 'Mr can't put a foot wrong, couldn't pass, couldn't truly defend, lousy positional sense, Blathers'!!! But then again I am a realist and if I could have ticked these boxes for Blathers, I would also have to admit he'd have played for England as well, cos he had other tremendous other quality’s - like leadership & bags of determination & guts! and wasn't as bad a defender as I made him out to be FOR OUR LEAGUE (and that's the whole point!)

Come on guys Mark Allott is a fantastic servant to us (little humble Chesterfield) weather you like me to call us this or not that's all we are!
I bet after the Oldham game (a team that's looking good in this league), the latics faithful would have wished he'd not left! He ran them ragged and he does that in most games! It's the rest that don't play there part so why single out Allott???

I bet if you ask Roy who's his first name he pens on the team sheet, the answer would be the same as mine! He is quite simply our far & away best player week in week out! no-one else comes close!

How you lot call yourselves fans is beond me! On hear we've torn pieces out of:
1) The manager
2) Roache
3) Young Lowry
4) Ruben
5) Bailey
6) Downes
7) Hurst
8) Niven
9) Folan
10 Larkin
11) Hall
12) Young Smith
13) The assistant manager!

God, It's a wonder we have ANY confedence at all with the backing of half you lot! Call yourselves fans!!! :(

Prehaps if you got behind YOUR team as much as you moaned about them we'd win a few more games and then.......GET READY FOR IT.............................................................

YOU MAY BE HAPPY :lol:
#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users