• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chris Turner

#401 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

View Posth again, on 06 August 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

If the Moderators won't get on top of that sort of behaviour, what are we to do but defend ourselves - usually, as has been rightly pointed out, to the detriment of the Board.

As far as I can see the moderators have responded to all reported posts where offensive posting has been indicated.
Peter Whiteley

#402 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Can’t you just tell that we’ve not played a competitive game for a while? The bitching on this forum is beyond the Female variety. Roll on Saturday.
If only....

#403 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 06 August 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Can’t you just tell that we’ve not played a competitive game for a while? The bitching on this forum is beyond the Female variety. Roll on Saturday.

PMT

Pre-match tension

#404 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 06 August 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

As far as I can see the moderators have responded to all reported posts where offensive posting has been indicated.

That's all very well, Pete, but as I've been at pains to describe, I don't believe in going running to the Mods. They're all big boys and should be pro-active in getting rid of posts which infringe the rules of the Board, otherwise people will defend themselves and bore the pants off everybody else, as I've just done.
The rules are perfectly plain, and yet are flouted on a consistent and almost daily basis by some people. I prefer to fight my own battles, but the resulting spats are bad news for other Board users.
Not having a go at the Mods, who do a thankless job very well on the whole, but if you don't take action until posts are actually reported there's no wonder the Board is sagging under the weight of abuse.

#405 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

View Posth again, on 06 August 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

but if you don't take action until posts are actually reported there's no wonder the Board is sagging under the weight of abuse.

If it isn't reported then there is no guarantee that a member of the admin/mod team has seen it. I certainly only dip in and out unless alerted. Some of the long threads would test anyone to read every post.
Peter Whiteley

#406 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 06 August 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

If it isn't reported then there is no guarantee that a member of the admin/mod team has seen it. I certainly only dip in and out unless alerted. Some of the long threads would test anyone to read every post.

Now, I know nowt about red numbers, green numbers, or reporting to mods, but......
If the only way H has of asking their advice about a post is by 'reporting' it then therein lies the problem. He's had to 'report' fishini, not because he objects to owt, but because he wants clarification. Please allocate ten green kisses to anybody who even attempts to clarify fishini's state of mind.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#407 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:38 AM

View Postdim view, on 07 August 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

Now, I know nowt about red numbers, green numbers, or reporting to mods, but......
If the only way H has of asking their advice about a post is by 'reporting' it then therein lies the problem. He's had to 'report' fishini, not because he objects to owt, but because he wants clarification. Please allocate ten green kisses to anybody who even attempts to clarify fishini's state of mind.

I don't think you report a certain post as such..you report the member, then explain why you have reported the member. To avoid this you could pm a mod with a query thus not officially reporting a member!
East stand second class citizen.

#408 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

wouldn't it be a good idea to close threads like this down? It is nominally about CT but the last few pages seem to have been about members falling out with one another which is rather dull and pointless for everyone else.

#409 User is offline   semi130497 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostCartman, on 05 August 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

agree with the sentiment here, and there have been far more blatent lies posted on here (quite a few this week - Liam Cooper has a squad number at Wolves apparently!)

can't be bothered to find the TB post but if I recall it did not 100% state that the club had bought something for Turner and presented it as a rumour didn't it? I know most who responded took it as a rumour - I put something along the lines of it being bad PR IF it were true - plenty seemed not bothered either way

very heavy handed moderating on a 'independent' forum in response to a club official's post

I am unsure about this. There will have been equally blatant "errors" in the past that weren't noticed or reported. Also there will be other issues reported to a moderator via a pm, which have lead to a ban that we don't know about because it went through pm. We just don't know. AC however made his protest very publically for all to see. He would probably argue he did it in such a way because he didn't want a potentially damaging rumour about a club employee and the club to be seen as a fact. Like freelander2 though I find it worrying that this is the only thing which has been challenged so publically lately.

Overall I don't know what else a moderator should have done, and I'm glad I am not a moderator. It seems to make you as popular as a referee.
Everyone thinks forgiveness is a lovely idea until they have something to forgive

#410 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 06 August 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Difficult, I can see that, and far be it from me to make a job done voluntarily for the benefit of other people any more awkward than it is.
However, the people chucking out the abuse on a regular basis are fairly few in number and can be monitored. A bit of give and take is fine and adds a bit of spice to the Board, but a private warning from the Mods when they're considered to have overstepped the mark is all that's needed. Not to make a big deal of it, or public outcry, but a simple request to tone it down in the first instance should be enough.
But reading all the long threads? I wouldn't ask it even of a Mansfield fan.

#411 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 06 August 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

May as well add, is there any youngish single woman on here....and turn it into a dating site as well....when I say youngish 27-38..... The 39 year-olds and above will be annoyed at that....tutting away I can hear it now ....

Oh, I have tried to use this as a dating site, sadly to no avail :wacko: Despite being completely solvent and coming with own teeth, own car, own house and no baggage, I STILL cannot seem to find anyone that fits the bill. Pffft!!!

Sadly, I do fall a little outside your age stipulation, LOL.

C xxx

#412 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

View Posth again, on 06 August 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

I'm afraid I have to crave the indulgence of the Board members here, but bear with me.

I posted a perfectly reasonable reply to a Moderator, backing him up for dealing with a blatant lie. No other person was involved. I was immediately jumped on by the usual suspects and called the biggest liar on the Board, from which all the rest of the argy-bargy stems.
Now, the constant and sad stream of abuse I can cheerfully ignore most of the time, but I'm not going to be called a liar without defending myself, and neither would any of you. If the Moderators won't get on top of that sort of behaviour, what are we to do but defend ourselves - usually, as has been rightly pointed out, to the detriment of the Board.
So, apologies to those who were bored or offended. You were quite right to be - but let's have a bit of natural justice here. I wasn't the one who started this stupid business,as anybody who reads the thread can see, but I'm not going to ignore accusations of being a serial liar, nor would I expect anybody else to do so.
Subject closed, as far as I'm concerned - you'll be pleased to hear.

Hold on a minute.

Dunno who 'the usual suspects' are (pretty hypocritical given your calls for me to 'be specific' and not 'beat about the bush') but after agreeing with your post and in no way mentioning you by name you dismissed my comments as "the usual rubbish", "pathetic", and questioned my honesty.

The kind of sneering snipes that've peppered all too many of your contributions.

I further responded with the clarification you requested and in the tongue-in-cheek manner that I've so often adopted in your case, however I've returned to find this self-pitying bleating.

Now not only have you repeatedly courted controversy on 'Bob's Board', often assuming a unique yet zealously pursued point of view, but have been scathing in your derision of those who've challenged it. What's more I don't remember you being too concerned when dubbing various rumours I've offered lies or accusing me of plotting to have you assaulted.

If you - or anyone else for that matter, to put this in the context of the thread as a whole - is genuinely troubled by what an individual has alleged then take it up with them or through the Mod's, a path you've admitted treading before. Other than that I suggest you follow my lead and adopt a 'live by the sword, die by the sword' attitude.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 07 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#413 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

View Posth again, on 07 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Difficult, I can see that, and far be it from me to make a job done voluntarily for the benefit of other people any more awkward than it is.
However, the people chucking out the abuse on a regular basis are fairly few in number and can be monitored. A bit of give and take is fine and adds a bit of spice to the Board, but a private warning from the Mods when they're considered to have overstepped the mark is all that's needed. Not to make a big deal of it, or public outcry, but a simple request to tone it down in the first instance should be enough.
But reading all the long threads? I wouldn't ask it even of a Mansfield fan.

That would be a fruitless task anyway.
@MancSpireites

#414 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 05 August 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

Christ. It's like the school playground.

Roll on Saturday.

Best years of your life. Had some great times in the playground
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#415 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 07 August 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Oh, I have tried to use this as a dating site, sadly to no avail :wacko: Despite being completely solvent and coming with own teeth, own car, own house and no baggage, I STILL cannot seem to find anyone that fits the bill. Pffft!!!

C xxx

45 for a guess [whistles & rolleyes]

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 07 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

#notapennymore

#416 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 07 August 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

C xxx

e. disharmony
God I hate this league.

#417 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Anyone heard any feedback from the pre-season dinner starring CT and DA?

#418 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

View Postjohnd51, on 07 August 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Anyone heard any feedback from the pre-season dinner starring CT and DA?

I'd imagine a few regulars off her are still arguing with them about VAT on player transfer fees!!

#419 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 07 August 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

45 for a guess [whistles & rolleyes]

Well that's where you're wrong then, clever clogs :P 69 is the number of my house, not the year I was born. I'm a child of 1967 (March to be precise) so I'm 47. And I'm in fabulous shape for my age too. You could do worse.

Love and kisses.

C xxx

#420 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Still looking for feedback from the pre-season dinner. Did everyone sign the Official Secrets Act?

Share this topic:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users