Nfl At Wembley

#21 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Gotta love those Seagals!!

Posted Image
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#22 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Dear god. Not another Seahawks fan.
That's 3 I know of in the uk. That's more than enough!
I blame Kurt Cobain... or bill gates.
You. I work with another. And radio sheff's rob staton who runs the very good http://seahawksdraftblog.com/
I guess the draft is more fun if you get to pick before the very high 20s

#23 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that makes me smile.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostDenny, on 06 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Sorry Warwick - completely missed your question.
I'm not firmly against it, ... *deletes waffle* yes, actually I am.
The NFL fans here, I would say most of us have a team, and most of them will be fairly passionate about them, you have to be to stop up till 5am twice a year to watch your team get stuffed in Jacksonville, or seattle (still bitter). I'm no more likely to support the London SillyNannies as I am about to start watching QPR, I would go to watch the ravens play them, i would even go to watch a team that was simply interesting like Green Bay, but i wouldn't be there for all 8 home games.
Frankly, if they are to open up a franchise, Canada or Mexico should get it first (you could argue Minnesota / san diego cover there, but..)
A single match or two is about perfect for now, the TV coverage here has to improve 1000% before anything else can progress. The BBC Red button coverage is absolutely shocking, I would much rather watch on ESPN and pay the £5.

Btw, fantasy wise, i beat the final american in our league, also my good friend and the league commissioner thanks to Newton / Peterson and Decker running riot. and him having Seattle's D. I'm assuming with you Harvin and SEA D, but Newton and Lynch, your weekend was mixed?

Weekend was poor Denny ad I lost again so now 3-6. I tried to pick up Doug Martin on the Waiver wire about three weeks ago but someone with a higher ranking got him - aaagghhh.

My problem is I have no back up to Marshawn Lynch as Green Ellis is average at best.

#24 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 06 November 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Gotta love those Seagals!!

Posted Image

My second team after the dawgs.

Apparently according to a well traveled US friend, it is the best city in the US.

#25 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Great performance from the Seahawks last night. Lynch, Tate and the Defence in my fantasy league - get in.

Jon - your 49ers drew which is about as rare as hens teeth.

Denny - you've got to be happy with the ravens. Have you watched the texans v bears yet? If not, don't bother.

#26 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostHistoricWarwick, on 12 November 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Denny - you've got to be happy with the ravens. Have you watched the texans v bears yet? If not, don't bother.

We were shocking, the weather was shocking, the game was shocking and even though i love the bears, i couldnt help but chuckle when Cutler took a late hit!
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#27 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 12 November 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

We were shocking, the weather was shocking, the game was shocking and even though i love the bears, i couldnt help but chuckle when Cutler took a late hit!

Bears still 12/1 for Super Bowl. Broncos vying for favourites now with Pats and Texans.

#28 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Meanwhile in South Florida, another season of mediocrity awaits for my Dolphins, losing badly to Tennessee.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#29 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostDenny, on 06 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Might have to rename this to an american sports topic if you are bringing hockey into this Rob.
What are you going to do with out a season next year?

What the EIHL, AHL & KHL.

#30 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 14 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Meanwhile in South Florida, another season of mediocrity awaits for my Dolphins, losing badly to Tennessee.

If you think you can handle mediocrity, come with me to Philadelphia.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Mr.Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostStuart Basson, on 14 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

If you think you can handle mediocrity, come with me to Philadelphia.

And me to the green side of New York

#32 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostMr.Spireite, on 15 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

And me to the green side of New York

There is a team with issues. Two QBs and they always play the wrong one - Tebow is a bit of a headless chicken but, he is a better player than Sanchez.

#33 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Warwick,

I'm just catching up on the results, am on my summer holidays and the sun has just fizzled into the sea !
Not seen much about the ravens other than the important bit the WIN part. Not sure how much hard work was made against the yellow lot.

Was in a bind FF wise with peterson on a bye, fred jackson being concussed, MJD still out AND jennings being useless, fortunately, picked up reece of oakland who went very big and has eeked me out another victory against the US based boys.

The game you enabled me to watch the week before was brilliant, Thanks for that - still buzzing!

Must say, it's pleasantly surprising to find a lack of Saints/Steelers/Pats fans on here, they seem to be everywhere darn sarf, do we as town fans just not like watching teams that win every game?

Btw, did you see one of the Jets players say they aren't playing Tebow because he's terrible! ha!

#34 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 14 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

The Dolphins have been utter Bunkum after a decent start and then some unlucky losses. Tannehill has done sod all after looking like he might have some potential.

Seahawks at the Dolphins this weekend. That will be a tough one for me but the Seahawks need the win more.

#35 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Only just took any notice of this thread really.

All about the other 'New York' team for me, and only NFL team to actually be based in New York State, with the Jets and Giants both playing in NJ. The Buffalo Bills.

Always had a soft spot ever since their 4 match losing streak in The Superbowl in the early 90's, despite being the best team of their era, could never quite get over the line.

On the early Madden games on the Megadrive back then, they were near on unstoppable.

This post has been edited by Dave Wallers 'tache: 20 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#36 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostDenny, on 19 November 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

Warwick,

I'm just catching up on the results, am on my summer holidays and the sun has just fizzled into the sea !
Not seen much about the ravens other than the important bit the WIN part. Not sure how much hard work was made against the yellow lot.

Was in a bind FF wise with peterson on a bye, fred jackson being concussed, MJD still out AND jennings being useless, fortunately, picked up reece of oakland who went very big and has eeked me out another victory against the US based boys.

The game you enabled me to watch the week before was brilliant, Thanks for that - still buzzing!

Must say, it's pleasantly surprising to find a lack of Saints/Steelers/Pats fans on here, they seem to be everywhere darn sarf, do we as town fans just not like watching teams that win every game?

Btw, did you see one of the Jets players say they aren't playing Tebow because he's terrible! ha!

This weekend on the game pass was excellent.

The texans v jags was superb. Feel sorry for the browns losing their overtime game, panthers lost in overtime also. Bears and steelers looking poor now both their QBs got battered. Packs and miners looking good though and Peyton is going to take the Broncos to a Super Bowl the way he and Von Miller are playing.

Two wins on the bounce in the fantasy for me but need Flacco to step up this weekend as like a pint of old hooky, he just don't travel well!

Happy holidays.

#37 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 20 November 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

The Dolphins have been utter Bunkum after a decent start and then some unlucky losses. Tannehill has done sod all after looking like he might have some potential.

Seahawks at the Dolphins this weekend. That will be a tough one for me but the Seahawks need the win more.

Bit harsh on a rookie. They are getting better slowly.

#38 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostHistoricWarwick, on 20 November 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Bit harsh on a rookie. They are getting better slowly.

I hear what you are saying but rookies seem to need to hit the ground running more and more these days. Look at how well Wilson has done at the Seahawks compared to Tannehill for example.

#39 User is offline   brianjacks 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Only just spotted this thread, rarely visit the other sub forums.

Good to see some Spireites following the NFL. I've been a Skins "fan" since 1981/2 when they beat the Dolphins in the Superbowl. Only 7 at the time and watched the first half on tv and had to scramble around who knows where to find the result the next morning. That iconic "Riggo" TD run on 4th down is as etched on my mind as ever before.

Presumably I did the young kid thing and went for the team that seemed to be successful at the time but am not totally sure why I picked them but barring two more trophies in the next ten years it's been pretty hell-ish being a Skin since then. RG3 has got pulses racing again but the rest of the team are nowhere near good enough to have us in playoff contention any time soon. This is a big year for Shanahan, he's had more time than most under Dan Snyder and if we're not looking progressive come the end of the season he could be on borrowed time. Then let the revolving door of coaches start again.

I'd love to see Bill Cowher in charge but can't see him wanting to work under a Snyder leadership. Then again, a Cowher offence won't keep the ball in the hands of RG3 much I suppose.

Me and the missus did the first 3 UK games but after seeing NE stroll over TB on the third one I realised the novelty of just being there had worn off and we wanted to see a competitve match up if we're gonna spend that much money so haven't been again as none of the games listed have caught our eye since plus with a wedding to pay for next year, funds are tight. The Steelers game next year could see us reviving our London weekends though.

Good to talk NFL with some Spireites, I find the NFLUK forums full of mainly pompus souls who think they know more than they actually do and are ungrateful for the coverage available these days given in my day it was a week delayed highlights and staying up late listening to crackly commentary fading in and out on the Armed Forces Radio. I tune in as best I can nowadays via some internet feed or other as refuse to pay for Sky Sports any more. I don't claim to know much about the game but always happy to talk about it.

#40 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

View Postbrianjacks, on 22 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Only just spotted this thread, rarely visit the other sub forums.

Good to see some Spireites following the NFL. I've been a Skins "fan" since 1981/2 when they beat the Dolphins in the Superbowl. Only 7 at the time and watched the first half on tv and had to scramble around who knows where to find the result the next morning. That iconic "Riggo" TD run on 4th down is as etched on my mind as ever before.

Presumably I did the young kid thing and went for the team that seemed to be successful at the time but am not totally sure why I picked them but barring two more trophies in the next ten years it's been pretty hell-ish being a Skin since then. RG3 has got pulses racing again but the rest of the team are nowhere near good enough to have us in playoff contention any time soon. This is a big year for Shanahan, he's had more time than most under Dan Snyder and if we're not looking progressive come the end of the season he could be on borrowed time. Then let the revolving door of coaches start again.

I'd love to see Bill Cowher in charge but can't see him wanting to work under a Snyder leadership. Then again, a Cowher offence won't keep the ball in the hands of RG3 much I suppose.

Me and the missus did the first 3 UK games but after seeing NE stroll over TB on the third one I realised the novelty of just being there had worn off and we wanted to see a competitve match up if we're gonna spend that much money so haven't been again as none of the games listed have caught our eye since plus with a wedding to pay for next year, funds are tight. The Steelers game next year could see us reviving our London weekends though.

Good to talk NFL with some Spireites, I find the NFLUK forums full of mainly pompus souls who think they know more than they actually do and are ungrateful for the coverage available these days given in my day it was a week delayed highlights and staying up late listening to crackly commentary fading in and out on the Armed Forces Radio. I tune in as best I can nowadays via some internet feed or other as refuse to pay for Sky Sports any more. I don't claim to know much about the game but always happy to talk about it.

If you are wastching the cowboys game, you'll be pleased with that 75 yeard pass for a TD. He's some player that RG3.

Here's hoping the cowboys crash and burn.

If you want to watch games for free go to wiziwig - streaming is poor but occaisionaly you get a decent reception.

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users