Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: And I thought Accrington was bad! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

And I thought Accrington was bad!

#1 User is offline   Buckshaw Spire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

Roche & Fletcher only 2 with any real credit

Awful

Good Fancy Dress though!!!
I could've been The Heavyweight Champion of the World

#2 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

View PostM23 Spire, on Apr 26 2008, 05:57 PM, said:

Roche & Fletcher only 2 with any real credit

Awful

Good Fancy Dress though!!!

TBH what were you expecting from an end of season kick about?

#3 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

"Sold" by GM as something of a glimpse of the future.

Another so called experiment with the team and formation?

Six and a half seasons and Hubbard's appointment is still experimenting.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#4 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Sounds like they took our main threat out of the game (man marking ward), we did miss Leven, and Winter not being available didn't help matters, winter would have filled Leven's boots obviously. Fletch must have done well then, i expected him to be subbed as he had a late fitness test, but Dyer doesn't seem to have shown that he's anywhere good enough for a new contract. Good to hear Roche did decent, but Kovacs - that player people have said should have played above Downes the last few weeks doesn't look to have done himself any good and doesn't look like he'd have done any better than Downes, given that he was involved with the goal conceded and he added another booking to his already high tally.

If Leven does go in the summer we definately need a replacement, and i'd expect that would happen anyway, Ward proved today how ordinary he can be and the rest of the players need lots of training and development in the summer months if we are going to be a more consistant side next campaign. Very disappointing we lost today, especially as the second half sounded so poor, lots of work for rico to do before next season starts, lets hope he can get some reinforcments in early before the best of the players available get picked over.

#5 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Apr 26 2008, 06:02 PM, said:

TBH what were you expecting from an end of season kick about?

Still need to consider that fans have paid good money to get to the game, but today was the best time if Rico did want to experiment with any player. We should already be looking to next season.

#6 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Apr 26 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

Still need to consider that fans have paid good money to get to the game, but today was the best time if Rico did want to experiment with any player. We should already be looking to next season.

Don't accept Rico is experimenting. If he doesn't know what he got then it's a poor show.

He now has to plan for next season and that means starting from scratch when new players arrive. All the potential and positives are yesterday's news.

After all his time as manager I have never once seen something I could describe as definte progress. Didn't go today but I expect there was little to shout about and I'm already looking ahead to next season with the expection that it will be more of the same.

Frankly losing to Macclesfield is a disgrace and will always be a disgrace if you are a Chesterfield fan.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 26 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

#7 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

View PostBlueprint, on Apr 26 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

so you agree with me then

#8 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

That was the worst game of football i have ever witnessed. We never looked like scoring and we never threatened the opposition. We wouldn't of scored if we played for another 90 minutes! IMO the only two players that deserve any credit today are Roche and Fletch, the rest were garbage. The best thing about today was the fancy dress, especially the bloke dressed as Fletcher :D
Blue Army, Blue Army!

#9 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Apr 26 2008, 06:35 PM, said:

so you agree with me then

Not an awful lot to "agree" with. I thought we would win the game and play well dispite having nothing to play for, Macclesfield have had a decent run of late though, they weren't going to just lie down and let us beat them, they had won 4 of their last 8 games, plus they have got theirselves out of the relegation battle. Rico needs to decide on players like Dyer, Owens etc, players who he has only been able to look at in the last few games. He may also have ideas that Lowry could be a better right back than picken and pickens lack of height could perhaps be better utilised in midfield. The best he can excercise these thoughts is in a competitive game with very little to play for, unfortunately for the man his ideas failed to pay off.

Have we learned anything from todays game regarding the players, have we found out our better central defensive partnership?

#10 User is offline   Scampi 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

1st half really wasnt that bad we had a lot of efforts on goal corners e.t.c. Second half was just crap

#11 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Today was a disgrace.

Best fancy dress award goes to Rico who came as a football manager but sadly much like the other costumes on display they did little to hide the wearers true talents.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#12 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hmmm, GM suggested that we absolutely battered them and only their 'keeper having the game of his life prevented us scoring.

Are you suggesting that this may be something of an exaggeration?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#13 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Apr 26 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

Hmmm, GM suggested that we absolutely battered them and only their 'keeper having the game of his life prevented us scoring.

You have got to be joking me? Seriously?

He is beyond a joke now.

#14 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

What I can't get over today was that some of the players out there were allegedly playing for contracts for next season and if they were they certainly didn't do themselves any favours.

Owens looked threatening first half and he was denied by Brain but lacked the ball in the second half. After they scored the rest of the so called Chesterfield team dished up perhaps one of the most lacklustre unimaginative displays of the season.
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#15 User is offline   Rick Payne 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostWebster, on Apr 26 2008, 07:39 PM, said:

What I can't get over today was that some of the players out there were allegedly playing for contracts for next season and if they were they certainly didn't do themselves any favours.

Owens looked threatening first half and he was denied by Brain but lacked the ball in the second half. After they scored the rest of the so called Chesterfield team dished up perhaps one of the most lacklustre unimaginative displays of the season.

...so an end of season party at Saltergate next week then to celebrate our successful season? Think I'll give it a miss - if the players can't be bothered and the manager is still experimenting after 45 games and the Chairman thinks that's ok. Well, Goodnight all: can the last one out remember to turn off the lights.
I'm embarrassed by the actions of those who run my club.

#16 User is offline   geoffmitchell 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Apr 26 2008, 07:38 PM, said:

You have got to be joking me? Seriously?

He is beyond a joke now. .

Yes only one team in it first half until they scored. Their keeper made good saves especially from Ward and Owens and we failed to capitalise on our superiority. Fletcher and Kovasc had headers tipped over. Second half even steven but we lacked penetration and creativity in final third, and it became all too predictable I am afraid.

#17 User is online   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

View Postgeoffmitchell, on Apr 26 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

Yes only one team in it first half until they scored. Their keeper made good saves especially from Ward and Owens and we failed to capitalise on our superiority. Fletcher and Kovasc had headers tipped over. Second half even steven but we lacked penetration and creativity in final third, and it became all too predictable I am afraid.

Seems that the ones who went see things differently, but they don't have a script to read from do they?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Apr 26 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

Are you suggesting that this may be something of an exaggeration?

Only one team in it in the first half. Their goalie did very well without being spectacular except with one excellent save. Then they broke upfield and scored just before half time with their second attack. Sound familiar?
Second half they just stayed deep, slowed everything down and killed the game. The result means they definitely stop up, so you can't blame them, but it was awful to watch.

#19 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Apr 26 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

Today was a disgrace.

Best fancy dress award goes to Rico who came as a football manager but sadly much like the other costumes on display they did little to hide the wearers true talents.

Just for once it would be nice if you could actually say what it was you found so appalling, instead of just chucking out the abuse. Give us your analysis of the game - you've got plenty to grumble about, so how did you see it?

#20 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

View Postgeoffmitchell, on Apr 26 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

What utter guff. You forget about the saves Roche had to make.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users