• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iraq.. After allied troops leave! Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

The worst of it all is we now have Tony Blair flouncing round trying to tell everyone what should be done in Iraq.
I think that man might be mentally ill
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#22 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 16 June 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

Kenya experiences Islam today.

One of the ISIS savages was identified as coming from Tunisia giving credence that they are entering Iraq from many different Muslim countries. My biggest fear is that when all these ISIS fighter born in Britain return home, a report estimated up to 500 of them fighting in Syria and Iraq, they will have acquired a taste for barbarity. Britain could become a very dangerous place. A very unpleasant thought that these kinds of people live among us. I hope our security forces are up to the job.

#23 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on 17 June 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

I hope our security forces are up to the job.

But are the politicans?
A new hope.

#24 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 17 June 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

But are the politicans?

Look in your message box.

#25 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 14 June 2014 - 12:13 AM, said:

the whole middle east could go up in flames if the world is not carefull. there is a lot of sectarianism within Islam and the middle east, and the countries we know/recognise were drawn on a map by the French and British without taking into consideration the ethnic/cultural/religious divisions.

So far, ruthless dictators or military regimes have managed to keep things in check. Now, with the "introduction of democracy" and the removal of the authoritian regimes the people and the extremists have fractured into ethnic groups. If Iraq breaks up it will be into 3 states - A Kurdish state in the north (potentially destabilising Turkey) one being allied to Iran (very dangerous) and one smaller state which will need support and possibly get it from the Saudi regime to counter Iranian influence.

Even worse - its reported that 400+ British Muslims are part of the ISIS organisation. responsible for some terrible war crimes. Al Jazeera have some very troublesome reports from there.

Afghanistan will fall straight back into civil war with a western supported regime against the Taliban and possibly draw Pakistan into it and leave the potential for an extremist rise/take over there as well.

North African regimes are already being troubled by groups like the Muslim Brotherhood.

Imagine if, in response to Iran, an extremist Sunni group toppled the Saudi royal family. Iran, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, all under Islamic extremists? A horrific thought.

I couldnt agree more with most of this. It's time we stopped sticking our oar into north African and middle eastern affairs and trying to force our way of democracy on them. Wherever we've tried to get involved be it Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, we've done nought but multiply problems in these regions. I mean ISIL that's currently rampaging through Iraq was formed as a result of our sending in the army to Iraq.

I don't think our politicians can get their head around the fact that democracy isn't always the answer. Some of these dictators we've helped depose have actually been maintaining some sort of order in these areas ( I'm not for one second condoning some of the things they are guilty of though ), and all we've done is set off the fuses that their authoritarian regimes were containing. No more so than Syria, where we've backed the freedom fighters fighting against the oppressive regime only to find out large sections of it are actually Al-Qaeda affiliated and now they are hijacking this civil war in an attempt to establish their own lands.

It's time we looked closer to home and started trying to fix our own rotting system before we try imposing it elsewhere
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#26 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 15 June 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Air strikes please America

Cause that's been exceedingly successful up until this point. All American air strikes have done is gather anti western sentiment out there cause of the amount of innocent women and children that have been blown up in case after case of mistaken targets.

This post has been edited by SpireiteFitzy: 17 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#27 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 17 June 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

I couldnt agree more with most of this. It's time we stopped sticking our oar into north African and middle eastern affairs and trying to force our way of democracy on them. Wherever we've tried to get involved be it Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, we've done nought but multiply problems in these regions. I mean ISIL that's currently rampaging through Iraq was formed as a result of our sending in the army to Iraq.

I don't think our politicians can get their head around the fact that democracy isn't always the answer. Some of these dictators we've helped depose have actually been maintaining some sort of order in these areas ( I'm not for one second condoning some of the things they are guilty of though ), and all we've done is set off the fuses that their authoritarian regimes were containing. No more so than Syria, where we've backed the freedom fighters fighting against the oppressive regime only to find out large sections of it are actually Al-Qaeda affiliated and now they are hijacking this civil war in an attempt to establish their own lands.

It's time we looked closer to home and started trying to fix our own rotting system before we try imposing it elsewhere

It also assumes that by having democracy, people want to individual freedoms, individual rights and equality for all individuals.

This is a very "western " and blinkered view of the middle east and the home of Islamic culture.

Islam has rights and freedoms, but only those granted by God, through the Koran and the profit. If you are outside of those you are going to get trouble. That is one reason why so much of the Islamic world is ruled by dictatorships (you only have to listen to the suadi govts constant warnings of extremism for the last 20 yrs) - it keeps things under control. Remove those controls and you open a religous extremist version of pandoras box. The USA, and the West struggle with this.

Our version of democracy and individual freedom is diametrically oposed to the religous teachings of the Koran. Take things like womens rights, homosexuality and gay marriage as a good examples.
A new hope.

#28 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

300 troops from the USA into Iraq as advisors.
A new hope.

#29 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

View Postfrearsghost, on 17 June 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

One of the ISIS savages was identified as coming from Tunisia giving credence that they are entering Iraq from many different Muslim countries. My biggest fear is that when all these ISIS fighter born in Britain return home, a report estimated up to 500 of them fighting in Syria and Iraq, they will have acquired a taste for barbarity. Britain could become a very dangerous place. A very unpleasant thought that these kinds of people live among us. I hope our security forces are up to the job.

Tollerance is a word that has been use to describe our nation's 'multi-cultural' ethos; i'm pretty sure if 500 or so nob eds tried barbarous acts against our people, that thin veil of tollerance would disappear over night.

#30 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 22 June 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Tollerance is a word that has been use to describe our nation's 'multi-cultural' ethos; i'm pretty sure if 500 or so nob eds tried barbarous acts against our people, that thin veil of tollerance would disappear over night.

7-7?

It's already happened.
JRID

#31 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 23 June 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

7-7?

It's already happened.

Not quite the same as a group of 500 radicalised militia fighters (they've certainly progressed beyond '3 Lions' parody). As crazy as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised to see an attempt to radicalise whole communities/areas in order to promote their ideologies; then, who knows what might happen.

#32 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 June 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Not quite the same as a group of 500 radicalised militia fighters (they've certainly progressed beyond '3 Lions' parody). As crazy as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised to see an attempt to radicalise whole communities/areas in order to promote their ideologies; then, who knows what might happen.

4 lions.

you & s&d are turning into the waldorf & statler of the armageddeon

#33 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 24 June 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

4 lions.

you & s&d are turning into the waldorf & statler of the armageddeon

Pmsl i'll take that accolade!

#34 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 June 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Maybe try and declare areas of some cities as under sharia and an Islamic area?
A new hope.

#35 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 17 June 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

We won't stop sticking our oar into those areas simply because..there's oil in them that hills..
East stand second class citizen.

#36 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 23 June 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

7-7?

It's already happened.

I've never responded to a neg before, but come on own up, how could anyone possible neg someone for that comment, unless of course we have a radicalised Jihadist in our midsts.
JRID

#37 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 25 June 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Maybe try and declare areas of some cities as under sharia and an Islamic area?

It's certainly feasible with the right logistics and infrastructure; even though it may be a brief episode.

#38 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 25 June 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

It's certainly feasible with the right logistics and infrastructure; even though it may be a brief episode.

and when police try to re establish the rule of statutary law they fight back, declaring an autonomous sharia region? a mini ISIS in Bow etc? What could that turn into?

These people need to be arrested on arrival back in the UK, transferred to the Hague and held pending war crimes investigations.

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 June 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

We won't stop sticking our oar into those areas simply because..there's oil in them that hills..

nuclear power, renewables, fracking, LPG and electric cars.

Then let have their own 30 years war.

A new hope.

#39 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 June 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

The way that ISIS or Islamic state as its now called are behaving = pulling churches down, threatening to kill all of the minority groups, and chased them into the hills where they are now dying in their thousands from heat exhaustion and dehydration - DEMANDS intervention. These people are evil.

A new hope.

#40 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 10 August 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

The way that ISIS or Islamic state as its now called are behaving = pulling churches down, threatening to kill all of the minority groups, and chased them into the hills where they are now dying in their thousands from heat exhaustion and dehydration - DEMANDS intervention. These people are evil.

Things have moved on since mid June.

ISIS are now murdering innocents, for goodness sake, including beheading of children unless they convert to ISLAM.

The question is what is the point of dropping supplies to these poor people on the mountain if they are going to be slaughtered by these psychotic maniacs? The Americans must decide, as unpalatable as it sounds, whether or not to take out ISIS from the air to prevent this slaughter.

Meanwhile in London, and not reported nationally, identical looking ISIS flags have been flying on housing estates, one appeared on the Blackwall Tunnel and the local radio reports youths are waving them openly on our streets. The police report nothing can be done because they've received no complaints.

Why is it always Britain and America that takes action/provides aid/takes a moral stance? What about all the other European and middle east countries? What do we hear from them. Silence!

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 10 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users