Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: All Fa Cup Replays Scrapped - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All Fa Cup Replays Scrapped

#41 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2024 - 09:03 PM

Johnnyspireite7, on 19 April 2024 - 06:23 PM, said:

That's in the League Cup not the FA Cup, they all come in in 3rd round in the FA Cup.

My bad.

Blue5, on 19 April 2024 - 06:39 PM, said:

Cheers.

At the time of writing, there have been statements from 4 x Premier League Clubs, 8 x Championship, 15 x League 1, 18 x League 2 and 7 x National League. I'm assuming we've been busy helping those clubs confirm their position before we confirm ours...
Along with 706 other clubs.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#42 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 20 April 2024 - 08:49 AM

IMO the increased number of teams year on year that can enter European competitions is a back door way of creating European leagues. Managers talk of player welfare of them playing too many games for their £100K a week salaries. Tell that to many fans working long hours each week to make ends meet. The solution for too many games is simple. Go back to the original formats in Europe for knock out rounds over 2 legs with European cup for genuine league winners, UEFA cup for places and cup winners cup for any cup winners. Keep cup replays and insist all Prem clubs play at least 2 pew season friendlies at lower division clubs. This won’t happen due to greed and the bigger clubs wanting a bigger slice of the pie and not caring who they tread on to get it. Is it time for salary caps as clubs seem to be finding a way around FFP, also possibly introduce a rule where there must be at least 5 players on the pitch at anytime from the country of origin. Just a few thoughts for debate
Have passport will travel

#43 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2024 - 06:40 PM

Apparently the national league on the back of yesterday have now also written to all clubs saying they also back the binning of replays in the fa cup. On the back of being alongside the premier league in not wanting the independent regulator it seem a bot strange how it’s the national league and premier league v the efl currently.

#44 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 22 April 2024 - 07:24 PM

https://twitter.com/...sVQQXpjgWw&s=19

Go Yeovil!!
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#45 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2024 - 07:35 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 22 April 2024 - 07:24 PM, said:

Mark Ives & the National League never fail to disappoint.

https://www.dailymai...eplays-EFL.html

On the hook springs to mind.

#46 User is offline   claycross spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2024 - 08:23 PM

View PostHapp Hazzard, on 18 April 2024 - 04:22 PM, said:

The FA Cup really isn't that great anymore. And I'm surprised the League Cup still exists.

I think the 4.5k Maidstone fans at Ipswich would disagree.

#47 User is offline   claycross spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2024 - 08:28 PM

View PostBlue5, on 22 April 2024 - 07:35 PM, said:

Just so relieved to get out of this tinpot league that I wasnt bothered about the last few results.

#48 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 22 April 2024 - 08:35 PM

Yep. Fifth column, if any further proof was needed.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#49 User is offline   claycross spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2024 - 08:35 PM

It has nothing to do with fixture congestion premier league squads can easily field a strong 2nd string if they want.

Basically its so they can go to saudi arabia and make money playing all star games in front of murderous dictators.

#50 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 22 April 2024 - 08:55 PM

View Postclaycross spireite, on 22 April 2024 - 08:35 PM, said:

It has nothing to do with fixture congestion premier league squads can easily field a strong 2nd string if they want.

Basically its so they can go to saudi arabia and make money playing all star games in front of murderous dictators.

It’s more because of the expanded European competitions where there is more money.

#51 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:22 AM

Why have we not set out our position on this critical issue yet?
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#52 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:29 AM

It would be interesting to know what extra cash our replay at West Brom gave us.
Alan Shearer made the point on MOTD, it’s only about 1.5 times a season a smaller club gets to gain from a replay against a much bigger club. Also, he suggested, scrap extra time and go straight to penalties, to give the smaller club, with less quality on the bench, more chance of winning the tie.

#53 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:41 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 April 2024 - 07:29 AM, said:

It would be interesting to know what extra cash our replay at West Brom gave us.
Alan Shearer made the point on MOTD, it’s only about 1.5 times a season a smaller club gets to gain from a replay against a much bigger club. Also, he suggested, scrap extra time and go straight to penalties, to give the smaller club, with less quality on the bench, more chance of winning the tie.

Alan Shearer is a knuckle head. I find him excruciating.
I heard him say the quote and it was like he was reading it off his hand - obviously some BBC researcher did the math and wrote it on his palm.
And to say about giving the smaller clubs 'a chance' - utter nonsense. The game is supposed to be played on a level playing field (excuse the pun). I suprise he didn't say let the minnows field 12 players.
His punditry and insight into the game in dog dirt.
Good job he could kick a football and ride that onto Match Of The Day cos only gig he'd get would be in 'the jungle' with a couple of other Jordies.

#54 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:44 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 April 2024 - 07:29 AM, said:

Shearer seemed to be following the party line for Newcastle who i presume have eyes on being European regulars and money spinning friendlies abroad so wont want to bother themselves with FA Cup replays

#55 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:50 AM

View PostJonB, on 23 April 2024 - 07:44 AM, said:

Shearer seemed to be following the party line for Newcastle who i presume have eyes on being European regulars and money spinning friendlies abroad so wont want to bother themselves with FA Cup replays

And what’s CFC’s party line?

#56 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:50 AM

[quote name='Blue5' timestamp='1713814501' post='1819042']

https://www.dailymai...eplays

Something very odd about the National League's decision not to back their own clubs. Why would they support the expansion of more European games for the big six clubs to the detriment of their own clubs. It's a bewildering decision. As custodians of the National League its board never cease to amaze. What a betrayal. Has someone taken a back hander?

#57 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 08:07 AM

Something very odd about the National League's decision not to back their own clubs. Why would they support the expansion of more European games for the big six clubs to the detriment of their own clubs. It's a bewildering decision. As custodians of the National League its board never cease to amaze. What a betrayal. Has someone taken a back hander?
[/quote]

Do the National League have an AGM?

Regardless of a few bizarre claims on another thread the management of NL do make some mind boggling decisions, not consulting with its members on this subject is about as crass as their distribution of the governments covid funding.

Would the constitution allow for searching questions to be asked at an AGM?

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 23 April 2024 - 08:30 AM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#58 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 08:45 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 April 2024 - 07:50 AM, said:

And what’s CFC’s party line?

No idea...should i know? I would suggest its the same as the majority of clubs that they dont like the idea.

View Postfrearsghost, on 23 April 2024 - 07:50 AM, said:

https://www.dailymai...eplays

View Postclarevoyant., on 23 April 2024 - 08:07 AM, said:

Do the National League have an AGM?

Regardless of a few bizarre claims on another thread the management of NL do make some mind boggling decisions, not consulting with its members on this subject is about as crass as their distribution of the governments covid funding.

Would the constitution allow for searching questions to be asked at an AGM?

National League seem to be trying to stay in with the Premier League as they've now backed the premier league on both FA Cup Replays and the regulator...its almost like they think they can get something out of siding with the Premier League over the EFL. Not that it matters to us now but National League going against the EFL is not likely to help any plans for more promotion places!

#59 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 09:01 AM

View PostJonB, on 23 April 2024 - 08:45 AM, said:

No idea...should i know? I would suggest its the same as the majority of clubs that they dont like the idea.

I do wonder, hence the deafening silence. Don’t forget the relief expressed by a number of folk, including Phil Tooley, that, it was a shame we suffered a last minute defeat at Watford, but it at least reduced our fixture backlog which, he said, probably cost us promotion in 96/97.

#60 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 23 April 2024 - 09:12 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 April 2024 - 09:01 AM, said:

I do wonder, hence the deafening silence. Don’t forget the relief expressed by a number of folk, including Phil Tooley, that, it was a shame we suffered a last minute defeat at Watford, but it at least reduced our fixture backlog which, he said, probably cost us promotion in 96/97.

There are still a lot more clubs not put out statements about it than have said something so we are not alone in it.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users