Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Local Bbc Radio Silence - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Local Bbc Radio Silence

#41 User is offline   Sheffield Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Portsmouth Fan

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

Tobler's first law of geography.

#42 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 September 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

Got my tickets on priority sale for Queen and Adam Lambert at Nottingham area in jan so a happy bunny!

brian may still scraping that barrel..

Alan Partridge has nowt to worry about!

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:59 AM

Tbh I sort of get you!
But we're not here for ever and later in my life I can look back and say ..yes I was there..
If that makes sense
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 01 October 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

No it's not. We have never been associated with the dee dahs, we've always been Midlands and they are North, goes back over a thousand years when we were in different countries, us in Mercia, them in Northumbria- the boundary was at Dore!

historically and culturally we have nothing to do with Yorkshire, long may it continue to be so and may whoever thought up the abhorrent and nonsensical concept of the 'sheffield City region' rot in hell. I have fond memories of the successful 1970s fight against Yorkshire imperialism by Barlborough et al :D

The TV transmitters at Unstone want to be changed to transmit the east midland broadcasts from Nottingham rather than the dire stuff from leeds, and as a previous poster has said, we want to drop out of the radio sheffield area and into a Derbyshire based station, whether that is a rejigged radio Derbyshire or a new one just for us (Radio Scarsdale, after the hundred, perhaps?)

This is one of the best posts I've ever read.

I fully agree, now where do I sign?

#45 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

Whilst Peaks coverage of CFC has improved massively in recent seasons the rest of their output is dire...had the misfortune for my car to decide to go to the Peak 107 preset this morning and listened to 10 seconds to much of the breakfast show! It was also a terrible decision to remove the Peak FM Sport twitter feed and chuck it all under one Peak account so you have to put up with all the inane rubbish on it just in case there is a useful bit of local sport info at some point. You only have to see some of the retweets of requested songs they do at lunchtime to realise its not worth listening!

Not sure what the frequency is for BBC Radio Derby but attempts to get it over the West side of Chesterfield have normally failed for me other than the very interference heavy MW channel trying to catch a bit of the cricket commentary over the summer when i've normally given up and got the live stream running on the internet instead. Even if we did get it over here i'm fairly sure they dont really give a toss about CFC mainly covering Derby and dont have the 5 nights a week football stuff that Radio Sheffield do.

For what its worth i dont mind the Radio Shefffield coverage...they get lots in over the course of a week but we're always going to be down the pecking order but they do match commentary not just for big games but if we're playing when no one else is.

#46 User is offline   Jbspire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 September 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Not really.

Worksop, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Grimsby etc etc all have to put up with the same. Believe it or not BBC TV's 'Yorkshire' area touches parts of North Norfolk. Work that out.

Norfolk Enchance, surely not?

#47 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

Back in the day when ITV broadcast highlights of league matches on a Sunday afternoon I wrote a letter to Yorkshire TV complaining that the cameras had never

been to Saltergate to cover a match

I got a reply stating that they thought we were too South in position to be considered for their coverage but unfortunately Midlands ITV thought us too North for their

coverage!!

The Yorkshire TV cameras eventually came in Oct 78 when we lost 2-0 to the leaders Watford at the time Elton John had just taken over but that was one of the few

matches he missed that season

The radio debate on who covers where should be easier to work out because the areas defined are more local so the deedahs should have to listen to their local stations

for coverage

#48 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostJonB, on 01 October 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

Whilst Peaks coverage of CFC has improved massively in recent seasons the rest of their output is dire...had the misfortune for my car to decide to go to the Peak 107 preset this morning and listened to 10 seconds to much of the breakfast show! It was also a terrible decision to remove the Peak FM Sport twitter feed and chuck it all under one Peak account so you have to put up with all the inane rubbish on it just in case there is a useful bit of local sport info at some point. You only have to see some of the retweets of requested songs they do at lunchtime to realise its not worth listening!

Not sure what the frequency is for BBC Radio Derby but attempts to get it over the West side of Chesterfield have normally failed for me other than the very interference heavy MW channel trying to catch a bit of the cricket commentary over the summer when i've normally given up and got the live stream running on the internet instead. Even if we did get it over here i'm fairly sure they dont really give a toss about CFC mainly covering Derby and dont have the 5 nights a week football stuff that Radio Sheffield do.

For what its worth i dont mind the Radio Shefffield coverage...they get lots in over the course of a week but we're always going to be down the pecking order but they do match commentary not just for big games but if we're playing when no one else is.

They do cover us, just mentions and reports that's all.

They do Sportscene every night.

#49 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 30 September 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Peaks coverage pees all over radio sheff, forgot they even covered us these days

Should still be good listening from 5pm to 6pm listening to Brian and his cronies slagging their team off after a thoroughly good mullering.....:blush:
God I hate this league.

#50 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:09 PM

In terms of promotions and Wembley appearances over recent years, we're one of if not the most successful club in the RS region.

What's more until recently we were the third highest placed in terms of league position.

However every sports bulletin invariably starts with news of what the Bowels manager has for breakfast, or the like; some inane, days old drivel from a Blunt's player, often about what an honour it is to be at the club; equally banal comments from Donny and Barnsley in no particular order; Blubber Boy Evans once again telling everyone his side should've had a dozen or more penalties and how the football world is conspiring against him; then.....well, don't hold your breath if you're expecting anything on Town whatsoever.

We've always been bottom of their list, but they don't even bother hiding the fact these days.

(That said, I would suggest we bombard P&G and Football Heaven with smug, gloating, mocking calls if we win on Sat'di.)
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#51 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p026wk8w

hmmm Royston Vasey's missing a couple of characters

#52 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostBeelzebub, on 01 October 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

No it's not. We have never been associated with the dee dahs, we've always been Midlands and they are North, goes back over a thousand years when we were in different countries, us in Mercia, them in Northumbria- the boundary was at Dore!

historically and culturally we have nothing to do with Yorkshire, long may it continue to be so and may whoever thought up the abhorrent and nonsensical concept of the 'sheffield City region' rot in hell. I have fond memories of the successful 1970s fight against Yorkshire imperialism by Barlborough et al :D

The TV transmitters at Unstone want to be changed to transmit the east midland broadcasts from Nottingham rather than the dire stuff from leeds, and as a previous poster has said, we want to drop out of the radio sheffield area and into a Derbyshire based station, whether that is a rejigged radio Derbyshire or a new one just for us (Radio Scarsdale, after the hundred, perhaps?)

I see Alec Salmond has found himself a new role......

For what it's worth, and speaking as someone who has worked in Derby for 12 years, the vast majority of Derby folk think Derbyshire ends at Little Eaton island and most are oblivious to the fact that. Chesterfield is in the same county.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#53 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostJonB, on 01 October 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

Here is another option.

http://www.sheffield...ections/sports/

God I hate this league.

#54 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 01 October 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

I see Alec Salmond has found himself a new role......

For what it's worth, and speaking as someone who has worked in Derby for 12 years, the vast majority of Derby folk think Derbyshire ends at Little Eaton island and most are oblivious to the fact that. Chesterfield is in the same county.

the majority of people in Long Eaton think they live in Nottinghamshire...

#55 User is offline   JDogg 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 September 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Why do you refer to them as 'pigs'? That's a matter for pathetic Deedah squabbling isn't it?

Always have called them piggies & always will. I have Weds & Utd friends so call them all piggies as it annoys both parties equally!!
STAY CLASSY CHESTERFIELD!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users