Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: presuming that ward is going this week we need too... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

presuming that ward is going this week we need too...

#1 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

be paying 100k plus for a quality central midfielder and bringing in a top notch loanee forward only then will i believbe we actually are making a genuine bid for a playoff spot,i know it will be a richardson choice but looking at the pile of dog muck that are in the 12th to 7th positions i think even richardson could get us their if those 2 aquisitions are made
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#2 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 19 2009, 10:37 AM, said:

be paying 100k plus for a quality central midfielder and bringing in a top notch loanee forward only then will i believbe we actually are making a genuine bid for a playoff spot,i know it will be a richardson choice but looking at the pile of dog muck that are in the 12th to 7th positions i think even richardson could get us their if those 2 aquisitions are made

I can't believe that the experience of the last 18 months still hasn't sunk in with some people. Let me spell it out:

We will go nowhere with Richardson at the helm regardless of who he has at his disposal.

You're seriously under-estimating the impact of a manager whose incompetence is now beyond any reasonable doubt.
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#3 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Don't waste any more money, use it to get rid of Ricco and Co. they've got us in this mess.
lindave

#4 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jan 19 2009, 10:53 AM, said:

I can't believe that the experience of the last 18 months still hasn't sunk in with some people. Let me spell it out:

We will go nowhere with Richardson at the helm regardless of who he has at his disposal.

You're seriously under-estimating the impact of a manager whose incompetence is now beyond any reasonable doubt.
i find this comment an insult,how many more times do i have too put up that richardson should be gone ,i said he should be gone last season nevermind this but we have a pigheaded chairmen who refuses point blank to see sense . We all know he should be gone but i cannot stop going to watch them even though i often say i am finished with the club its a bit like an addiction im afraid,anyway it is blatently obvious that he isnt going so id rather him get the above players and give me a slither of hope than none at all

#5 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 19 2009, 11:43 AM, said:

i find this comment an insult,how many more times do i have too put up that richardson should be gone ,i said he should be gone last season nevermind this but we have a pigheaded chairmen who refuses point blank to see sense . We all know he should be gone but i cannot stop going to watch them even though i often say i am finished with the club its a bit like an addiction im afraid,anyway it is blatently obvious that he isnt going so id rather him get the above players and give me a slither of hope than none at all

Not meant as an insult. But I simply can't believe anyone thinks that Richardson will deliver anything other than woeful under-achievement regardless of what team he puts out. He possesses none of the tools needed to do an effective job and giving him more resources will only mean his eventual replacement is further hampered.

The continued mismanagement of the club is beyond belief.

This post has been edited by Balearic Mac: 19 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

#6 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jan 19 2009, 01:01 PM, said:

Not meant as an insult. But I simply can't believe anyone thinks that Richardson will deliver anything other than woeful under-achievement regardless of what team he puts out. He possesses none of the tools needed to do an effective job and giving him more resources will only mean his eventual replacement is further hampered.

The continued mismanagement of the club is beyond belief.

i agree that he has a total inability to get the best out of players,currie page are 2 perfect examples of that,but i would rather he gets in 2 decent players with the ward money than see it dissapear into an attendance shortfall budget

#7 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 19 2009, 12:06 PM, said:

i agree that he has a total inability to get the best out of players,currie page are 2 perfect examples of that,but i would rather he gets in 2 decent players with the ward money than see it dissapear into an attendance shortfall budget

Then its best we agree to disagree.

You cite Currie and Page as examples of what he's done when given the resources. Why, in the longer term interests of the club, should he be allowed to add to that list?

#8 User is offline   kevspireites 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 19 2009, 12:06 PM, said:

even if he does bring in 2 players there will still be a shortfall in attendance budget as rico is still manager
my opinion is always right. But then so is yours. Guess that's opinions

#9 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

View Postkevspireites, on Jan 19 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

even if he does bring in 2 players there will still be a shortfall in attendance budget as rico is still manager

personally i think i know a player that could come here and run the show for us in the middle and he has been struggling to get in his sides first 11,i was very impressed with him last season after seeing him twice and it is peterboros SERGIO TORRES,an attacking midfielder with a bit of height about him and would be the perfect link up for gritton and super jack

#10 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 19 2009, 12:20 PM, said:

personally i think i know a player that could come here and run the show for us in the middle and he has been struggling to get in his sides first 11,i was very impressed with him last season after seeing him twice and it is peterboros SERGIO TORRES,an attacking midfielder with a bit of height about him and would be the perfect link up for gritton and super jack

Not so 'Super Jack' this season he wants to get his head down, discipline wise and work rate.
God I hate this league.

#11 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

View PostBalearic Mac, on Jan 19 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

Then its best we agree to disagree.

You cite Currie and Page as examples of what he's done when given the resources. Why, in the longer term interests of the club, should he be allowed to add to that list?

i actually said he has an inability to get the best out of players,do you believe currie and page are playing too their potential?

#12 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

Surely it's not LR's fault that Page is now not physically up to the job of being a league centre half. The things he used to do earlier in his career eg. jumping, heading and running, now seem to be beyond him. On the face of it a good signing but he has failed to dominate any opposing centre forward so far. Currie is perhaps a different case where playing him consistently, or in a different role ie centre midfield like at Bradford, may still increase his effectiveness. However his lack of pace and inability to tackle make him ill-suited to the demands of Div 4 football.

#13 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

View Postjohnd51, on Jan 19 2009, 04:09 PM, said:

Surely it's not LR's fault that Page is now not physically up to the job of being a league centre half. The things he used to do earlier in his career eg. jumping, heading and running, now seem to be beyond him. On the face of it a good signing but he has failed to dominate any opposing centre forward so far. Currie is perhaps a different case where playing him consistently, or in a different role ie centre midfield like at Bradford, may still increase his effectiveness. However his lack of pace and inability to tackle make him ill-suited to the demands of Div 4 football.

i would say he is definately to blame if page is not up to it,richardson must have seen him last season else surely he wouldnt have signed him(large cough as i type) and if he thought he was only physically good enough for 1 season why was he given a long deal,he passed his medical,i personally think page isnt doing enough hard training and is being given an easy ride and is not sharp enough by a long stretch,that is also the responsibility of richardson

#14 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Living the dream as a life long Spireite :-)

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

View Postbonnyman, on Jan 19 2009, 03:51 PM, said:

i would say he is definately to blame if page is not up to it,richardson must have seen him last season else surely he wouldnt have signed him(large cough as i type) and if he thought he was only physically good enough for 1 season why was he given a long deal,he passed his medical,i personally think page isnt doing enough hard training and is being given an easy ride and is not sharp enough by a long stretch,that is also the responsibility of richardson

I would agree. How he was deemed a replacement for Kovacs is beyond me.
The One, The Only, Sir Gregor Robertson

#15 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

:rolleyes: Best leave any additions to the squad be loanees. The only way Rico gets anybody is on over long contracts. The new managr will not need that hinderance.
Many a good tune

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users