Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Let's Not Beat About The Bush - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's Not Beat About The Bush

#1 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yet again we have failed to take advantage.

The performance today was absolutely cack.

Poor tactically selection to start with, hird pedestrian in the centre, him and morsey were sat too deep which meant no link up to the front men.

Richards is history at the club, and I can't see O'shea being here next season as Cook seems to have a vendetta against him. Smith is gone as well.

As to the game, fully deserved to be behind whether a deflection or not, in fact we could have been two down at half-time had Exeter had some composure on the break.

Cooper had a shocker with some mis-placed headers, the defence looked shakey. Midfield were overun through-out, Roberts needs to stop showboating.

Fully deserved red card which came about from the early incident, my only surprise is it wasn't earlier, we looked better with ten men, Kearns came on and looked positive and influenced the game, tendi needs to learn to get the ball in the box, humps came on and did well and will start the remaining games.

As for the manager, he can come on the radio or whatever and criticise fans if he likes, after today's performance he deserves the criticism.

Poor tactically, poor decision maker, hasn't a plan b, and can,t make substitutions.

He has the eye for a good young player from lower leagues on a budget, but overall I don't rate him to be honest, I'll stick my neck out and say it that I'm very deflated and think it is a season of frustration, we are not anywhere near as good as we think we are. A good manager with this squad would have had the championship sealed already.

Not convinced, I think fleetwood will go up at the expense of either us or more likely Rochdale.

I want the title anything less with this poor league in my eyes is poor, even if the objective of promotion is secured it would still be a disappointment in mine and probably many other fans feelings. The fans have come out in force today and have been let down. Two points lost

4 out of 10

#2 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hard to disagree with much of that. And yet the crazy thing is we go up a place and are 2nd.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 18 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

#3 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Absolutely bang on summary.....however, Doyle can hold his high today, at least he was wanting the ball up front
Richards is a goner after that game...don't know what it is, but was dire!!!

This post has been edited by Waller is my hero: 18 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

#4 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Wanting titles and earning them are two completely different things. I agree with some of what you said, cooper was dreadful and could have gifted Exeter at least two more.
Roberts? If he is injured then leave him out, if he isn't injured then he should be ashamed of his performance today. Never a penalty for me but Doyle gambled on the decision and got it.
And I wish people would stop banging on about how supposedly awful this division is, just makes us sound arrogant.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#5 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

Every chance to have had this sewn up and the players dont seem like they had the bottle
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#6 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 18 April 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Wanting titles and earning them are two completely different things. I agree with some of what you said, cooper was dreadful and could have gifted Exeter at least two more.
Roberts? If he is injured then leave him out, if he isn't injured then he should be ashamed of his performance today. Never a penalty for me but Doyle gambled on the decision and got it.
And I wish people would stop banging on about how supposedly awful this division is, just makes us sound arrogant.

I can't believe Roberts wasn't subbed off for our final substitution. Ok when we are winning but never puts a shift in, nesh and no pace. He may be league player of the season but I wouldn't be gutted if someone came in for him for next year. We need someone with more pace and grit. Brilliant on his day but I can't see him having many next year against better defenders. We need some raw pace out wide and up top

#7 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 18 April 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

It's not arrogant, it's true, look where a god awful outfit like Mansfield are in the league. There isn't a quality side in the division, come on, it's urine poor compared to other seasons, the points total proves that.

#8 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

We certainly need more pace on the flanks
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#9 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 18 April 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

It's not arrogant, it's true, look where a god awful outfit like Mansfield are in the league. There isn't a quality side in the division, come on, it's urine poor compared to other seasons, the points total proves that.

Then what you are alluding to is we are in company we deserve to be in?

#10 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Roberts was doggers again today. If he gets our player of the year there is something incredibly wrong.
Fair enough on his day, incredible/unplayable but I don't think he's had 'his day' once in the second half of the season.
Be interested to see his assist/goal stats first vs second half of the season.

Also posted on another thread, kudos to cook for the two worst substitutions in footballing history today.

Also, never, ever play 4-4-2 again, ever.

#11 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 18 April 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Other seasons like when for instance, in comparison when has the division been littered with great teams? And how does the points total prove it?
I just don't get what qualifies you to say the league is dreadful and claim it's true.

View PostWhereisBenj, on 18 April 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Roberts was doggers again today. If he gets our player of the year there is something incredibly wrong.
Fair enough on his day, incredible/unplayable but I don't think he's had 'his day' once in the second half of the season.
Be interested to see his assist/goal stats first vs second half of the season.

Also posted on another thread, kudos to cook for the two worst substitutions in footballing history today.

Also, never, ever play 4-4-2 again, ever.

Again, what was wrong with the Humphreys substitution?

#12 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 18 April 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

Other seasons like when for instance, in comparison when has the division been littered with great teams? And how does the points total prove it?
I just don't get what qualifies you to say the league is dreadful and claim it's true.

Replied in the other thread mate

#13 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Boy have we missed Drew Talbot !

Hoare (400)

#14 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostWhereisBenj, on 18 April 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Replied in the other thread mate

Seen it now and replied.

#15 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 18 April 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

I can't believe Roberts wasn't subbed off for our final substitution. Ok when we are winning but never puts a shift in, nesh and no pace. He may be league player of the season but I wouldn't be gutted if someone came in for him for next year. We need someone with more pace and grit. Brilliant on his day but I can't see him having many next year against better defenders. We need some raw pace out wide and up top

For whatever reason, Robbo's struggled since his sending off.

We badly lack pace in our starting 11 & keep giving Robbo the ball only adds to our inability to beat players.

I missed some of the early pre-season games & I was told that we'd signed a new Jack Lester, now if Robbo had some of Jack's metal, I'm not sure we'd be having this discussion.

If fans want to talk about new managers inheriting expensive signings/flops, I think a change in manager would just about qualify things.

Is it right both Cooper & Evo have given him some 'advice' in recent weeks?

#16 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 18 April 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

I think it's a poor league - I'm not saying that means it must be - but I haven't seen a side yet and thought, "Blimey they were quality!" For the first 15 games of the season I thought we were, genuinely, I thought we'd walk it. But teams found it easy to work us out and we lacked the guile to break them down. In fact sometimes I think we looked almost scared to have a go in case we got found wanting at the back. I can only blame Cook for this. I have to say I haven't been very happy with his comments about the fans for instance - after Newport it was "Sometimes our supporters are very quick to criticise." Mmmm he should try being one for 50 years and see why we are!
He is also cluless on the substitution front - crying out for Jay O today, the side looked lop sided and unbalanced and their back 3 were gobbling up everything in the air - so rather than get it on the deck we put on another big man and hoofed it even more. It was a bad John Duncan performance - at least JD would have had a midfield in place to pick up the second ball. We basically haven't got a plan B.

Nothing wrong with Humphries substitution but I didn't think Smith had been that bad

This post has been edited by Radders: 18 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

#17 User is online   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostRadders, on 18 April 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

I think it's a poor league - I'm not saying that means it must be - but I haven't seen a side yet and thought, "Blimey they were quality!" For the first 15 games of the season I thought we were, genuinely, I thought we'd walk it. But teams found it easy to work us out and we lacked the guile to break them down. In fact sometimes I think we looked almost scared to have a go in case we got found wanting at the back. I can only blame Cook for this. I have to say I haven't been very happy with his comments about the fans for instance - after Newport it was "Sometimes our supporters are very quick to criticise." Mmmm he should try being one for 50 years and see why we are!
He is also cluless on the substitution front - crying out for Jay O today, the side looked lop sided and unbalanced and their back 3 were gobbling up everything in the air - so rather than get it on the deck we put on another big man and hoofed it even more. It was a bad John Duncan performance - at least JD would have had a midfield in place to pick up the second ball. We basically haven't got a plan B.

Nothing wrong with Humphries substitution but I didn't think Smith had been that bad

Very good summary mr. Radford can't disagree with that at all and within what you say I will ask a question I have found myself asking so much this season, why is it that a football professional can not see what to me seems so obvious and today that obviius thing was to bring on jay o'shea

#18 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

[quote name='Radders' timestamp='1397851685' post='997680']

Duncan would have sent Evvo up for the last 10

#19 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 18 April 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

Very good summary mr. Radford can't disagree with that at all and within what you say I will ask a question I have found myself asking so much this season, why is it that a football professional can not see what to me seems so obvious and today that obviius thing was to bring on jay o'shea

I know, everyone round me was saying - we need to bring O'shea on. I even had texts from other parts of the ground saying the same thing - If I'd have had cooks number I might have forwarded them to him!

#20 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

There are no excuses for the performance today, Exeter are a few points off relegation to the Conference for a reason, and we made them look good. Unbelievable.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users