• You cannot reply to this topic

New Lads

#21 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

View Postsophocles, on May 3 2009, 09:31 PM, said:

Absolutely true mate. Those who perpetrate this rubbish are no doubt the juvenile idiots who embarrassed the club with their petulant chanting on Saturday. I believe Rico should be here and will be here next season, though we need a lot more consistency, but I'm afraid the young, intolerant chavs who think instant success should be available, will continue to drag us down.

Based on what? I'm genuinely baffled as to what you have witnessed or believe that makes you think Rico will get us promoted next season. We've not improved with Rico in charge. How many seasons would you give him before you think enough is enough and replace him?

As for wanting instant success it was Rico and Hubbard who stated 'anything less than promotion would be failure' and 'if I can't get this team promoted I don't deserve to be in the job' (2007/2008 season). The Board and the Manager were the ones promising instant success so I would suggest the supporters are well within their rights to voice their displeasure following two seasons of failing to deliver.

As for the chavs or anyone else who is unhappy with the way things are going how do you suggest they express their opinions to the players/manager/Board?

#22 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

View Posth again, on May 2 2009, 10:29 PM, said:

Agree with every word of that. I was very dubious about Gray in central defence, but since he landed there almost by accident when Darlington refused to attack he's done very well. Let's hope he doesn't become another Lowry who seems to be develpoing into a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. He isn't as bad in midfield as he once was, but he certainly isn't adding anything much to a very vital area.
Personally I'd just like to see just one of our wide players put in a decent cross.

What is the point when we play without the proverbial target man. No Gritton;no Hall;no Downes at corners only big Kev and Lowry. I'm afraid we need to be thinking outside the box bum bum.
God I hate this league.

#23 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

View PostDoughnut, on May 4 2009, 01:39 AM, said:

Based on what? I'm genuinely baffled as to what you have witnessed or believe that makes you think Rico will get us promoted next season. We've not improved with Rico in charge. How many seasons would you give him before you think enough is enough and replace him?

As for wanting instant success it was Rico and Hubbard who stated 'anything less than promotion would be failure' and 'if I can't get this team promoted I don't deserve to be in the job' (2007/2008 season). The Board and the Manager were the ones promising instant success so I would suggest the supporters are well within their rights to voice their displeasure following two seasons of failing to deliver.

As for the chavs or anyone else who is unhappy with the way things are going how do you suggest they express their opinions to the players/manager/Board?

Come on Soph they're only kids following the actions of their peers and what is posted on the forum.
God I hate this league.

#24 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:05 AM

View Posth again, on May 2 2009, 11:26 PM, said:

Oh, come on. Just when I was giving thanks for an intelligent post to promote some sensible discussion. That remark was so obviously ironic I'm surprised anybody could possibly have taken it seriously. It was obviously something that somebody opinionated but dim had said to Rico and he was trotting it out to show how bizarre the idea was.
How on earth can anybody possibly take it seriously?

More sensibly, how did you rate Winter's contribution? I thought it was one of his best games for CFC, though whether this was due to Bradford easing off or his desire for a new contract I couldn't say. He's been one of the season's bigger disappointments most of the time - there's a lot of talent in there but he doesn't work hard enough to impose himself on the game.

The fact that the result of the game was immaterial in respect of points ,makes it a non event in trying to ivaluate performances. Bearing in mind the struggle we have been experiencing for the final run in I find it hard to see the players motivating themselves for this type of fixture. Best forgotten boys.
God I hate this league.

#25 User is offline   rs1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:15 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on May 4 2009, 05:08 AM, said:

The fact that the result of the game was immaterial in respect of points ,makes it a non event in trying to ivaluate performances. Bearing in mind the struggle we have been experiencing for the final run in I find it hard to see the players motivating themselves for this type of fixture. Best forgotten boys.

So, players in the last chance saloon re new contracts, not worth evaluating. Find it hard to believe that those players see the game as immaterial when it is their livelihoods at stake.

#26 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on May 4 2009, 05:00 AM, said:

Come on Soph they're only kids following the actions of their peers and what is posted on the forum.

Now I am confused. You're trying to liaise with Sophocles but by replying to my post?!?

And are you suggesting that I'm one of those kids unable to think for themselves? If so I suggest you take your crystal ball back as it is faulty.

However, my questions to Soph remain and please feel free to try answering them yourself.

#27 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

View PostDoughnut, on May 4 2009, 11:56 AM, said:

Now I am confused. You're trying to liaise with Sophocles but by replying to my post?!?

And are you suggesting that I'm one of those kids unable to think for themselves? If so I suggest you take your crystal ball back as it is faulty.

However, my questions to Soph remain and please feel free to try answering them yourself.

Sorry mate it was about 5am after finishing a very hectic journey up the motorway to and from Cumbria, I was knacker jacked but couldn't resist the little peek. ;)
God I hate this league.

#28 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

View Postrs1978, on May 4 2009, 07:18 AM, said:

So, players in the last chance saloon re new contracts, not worth evaluating. Find it hard to believe that those players see the game as immaterial when it is their livelihoods at stake.

How many do you think on display were in that position 2 or 3 maybe.
God I hate this league.

#29 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

True Blue:

Don't swear at me, I hate sitting down, we all stand to the left of the goal on the kop. ( that's looking towards the pitch). In our younger days we stood in the middle just in front of Barry Watson's kop choir, in the days of the sway.
lindave

#30 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

View PostDoughnut, on May 4 2009, 01:39 AM, said:

Based on what I've already stated - that we have a good squad, and were very close to achieving promotion until our brilliant post - Christmas to March form was undermined by injuries. It's obvious to anyone with a shred of common sense that our best chance of promotion next season is to forget our disappointment and start working on next season's challenge straight away. In my view it would be the height of folly to disrupt the Club at this stage by causing upheaval at management level leading to upheaval at player level.
Nothing wrong with supporters voicing displeasure in the right way, but a lot wrong with expressing it in a way that embarrasses the players and other fans in front of opponents.

#31 User is offline   rs1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:53 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on May 4 2009, 01:41 PM, said:

How many do you think on display were in that position 2 or 3 maybe.

Out of contract, with their future still to be confirmed...

Lee
Robertson
Wilson
Talbot
Winter
Algar
Till

Add to this Boden who ought to have been looking to grasp the opportunity following a rare start and Montrose having agreed to sign and that doesn't leave too many with nothing to play for, rather than 2 or 3

#32 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

View Postrs1978, on May 4 2009, 07:18 AM, said:

If the club don't know who they are retaining by now then god help us. And god help those particular players who were there to impress on the day.
God I hate this league.

#33 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

View Postrs1978, on May 5 2009, 05:56 AM, said:

Out of contract, with their future still to be confirmed...

Lee
Robertson
Wilson
Talbot
Winter
Algar
Till

Add to this Boden who ought to have been looking to grasp the opportunity following a rare start and Montrose having agreed to sign and that doesn't leave too many with nothing to play for, rather than 2 or 3

I would say Lee,Gregor,Wilson,Winter and Algar are safe this time -Talbot,Till being the issue.
God I hate this league.

#34 User is offline   rs1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on May 5 2009, 09:25 AM, said:

If the club don't know who they are retaining by now then god help us. And god help those particular players who were there to impress on the day.

Well, quite. The club is rife with uncertainty on all fronts currently (at least as far as we are aware), so I wouldn't be surprised if the retained list has not been finalised yet. If it has, who has drawn it up? If I were a member of the squad, or I wanted to be, I would have been trying harder than ever on Saturday for myself regardless of the club situation.

Take Peter Till as an example...Grimsby (one of the worst teams in the league) don't want him. If it were my call - prior to Saturday - I wouldn't have offered him a contract here. And, he did little or nothing to change my mind against Bradford in terms of effort or application.

#35 User is offline   philmoore6 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on May 5 2009, 09:29 AM, said:

I would say Lee,Gregor,Wilson,Winter and Algar are safe this time -Talbot,Till being the issue.

dave wasnt wilson a loan signing till end of season

if so then i would we would be unlikely to see him next season

#36 Guest_Alex Green_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

View Postphilmoore6, on May 5 2009, 12:57 PM, said:

dave wasnt wilson a loan signing till end of season

if so then i would we would be unlikely to see him next season

From what i understand is that Wilson would be offered a new deal at Birmingham if they got promoted

#37 User is offline   monte 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

I'd give Winter a new deal, He's looked decent this year!

People forget that he's very young and last season was his first full season and first season out of scotland.

He's done well to trim down and his passing is very good. Sadly on saturday he didn't have his shooting boots on, but none of our lot did.

#38 User is offline   philmoore6 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on May 5 2009, 09:29 AM, said:

i would have been inclined to agree with you apart from wilson as i posted before

but now on the website he has released winter and algar

doesnt seem to be building his team on up and coming youth does he?

#39 User is online   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

View Postmonte, on May 5 2009, 02:29 PM, said:

People forget that he's very young and last season was his first full season and first season out of scotland.

He's done well to trim down and his passing is very good. Sadly on saturday he didn't have his shooting boots on, but none of our lot did.

They've left their shooting boots in the locker room for the past half doz games.
God I hate this league.

#40 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

View Postmonte, on May 5 2009, 02:29 PM, said:

Is it fair to say you haven't attended many games this year?

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users