Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#2721 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

View Posthilly81, on 23 September 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Stuart Hutcheson Ha ha needing to be bailed out yet you insist on putting a positive spin on its creation

Unlike · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 12:54pm

Michael Pearson great news.

Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:08pm

Les Ashmore To say that Such as Tendayi Darikwa came from the venture is proof enough of it's value and let's hope for many more

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson I didn't realise Chris Turners troubled venture had been in operation since before 2010...

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Well from the look of your posts mate you dont realise a few things, When Professionals like Sir Rodney Walker make a statement like " I am delighted to be associated with the new FBT International Academy and for it to have its home in Chesterfield. I...See More

Like · Reply · 1 · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson So Tendayi was a product of a venture than was incorporated years after he made his professional debut.....

Like · Reply · 22 hrs · Edited

Les Ashmore He came from Chesterfield mate that alone is enough for me, and I hope a lot more will but from inside the academy

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

John Stevenson Les Tendayi was a product of Notts county then CFC signed him 2010 on a pro contract then loaned him to Barrow.

Like · Reply · 1 · 22 hrs · Edited

Les Ashmore I am well aware of that John as you are also aware of me knowing

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

John Stevenson Well that's confusing you said he was a product of the academy

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson So why claim he was a product of this failed venture then??

Les Ashmore Because I wanted to Simples, Why did you try and ridicule my post? Probably because you wanted to

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson Ok Les, you win. You can't discuss certain subjects with some people I guess

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Correct my Friend, I prefer to look at things positively, You decided to try to make fun of it and I cannot understand what pleasure some people get out of trying to ridicule somebody or something, It is a Fact that this is a fantastic move for Chester...See More

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

John Stevenson I do know you Les and you have always been fine with me but thought it was a genuine error on your part re TD

Stuart Hutcheson Theres having a positive outlook and there's being so blinkered that you can't see (or choose to ignore) the bigger picture.

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Stuart Hutcheson there are non so blind as those who cannot see, try specsavers my friend

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson Oh I see plenty Les.

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore But only what you want to?

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson Ha ha ha that's priceless

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Stuart Hutcheson you mention seeing the bigger picture, what's gone has gone end of, the bigger picture now if you can't see it is that a man and an organisation who cannot be ignored as being of very high standards is now a 50% owner of the academy and I can see nothing but giving a credible name to all it does ��⚽️

Like · Reply · 21 hrs · Edited

Stuart Hutcheson Well I'll have to agree with you, it's certainly been lacking in credibility

Les Ashmore Thank you, so now you see what my original post was intended for, the past no matter which opinion or allegations you wish to follow is gone and will never return no matter what is done or said, so please let us concentrate on the future ⚽️⚽️��

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson No, I only agreed that the whole debacle lacked credibility...

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Les Ashmore Well contact Sir Rodney and tell him that

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson So you are happy with how the centre has been run??

Like · Reply · 20 hrs · Edited

Les Ashmore I care not of the past and look to the future

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Les Ashmore If people can post things like were posted that is BUll***t I do not se any reason why I can't join them

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson Oh dear, doesn't really make for a very strong argument though does it. Perhaps even makes you look ever so slightly silly even

Les Ashmore My sentiment precisely

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Mark Hill The success of this kind of venture can only be measured in pros produced. So far it's zero. Let's judge its success in 5 years time. If it doesn't go bust.

Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Les Ashmore I wouldn't say that is totally true Mark as Curtiss Morrison, Derek Daly, are now pros with contracts, also from what I understand there are extremely High hopes for Iffy Ofoegbu, I saw him play a couple of times and he is extremely good in my opinion,...See More

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Mark Hill I stand to be corrected, but Morrison and Daly both came through Mark Smiths academy and were nothing to do with the International Academy, PPP, CFDDSS or whatever it is called? It may be unlikely with the financial backing it now has but if the same person or people are sailing the ship that got it £77k in the red in the first place? Time will tell.

Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Les Ashmore I understand that all the staff are staying and also I am led to understand that internally the Academy is all the same ie no CFC Academy or PPP or International, I believe that the Financial side and Accounting are being carried out by Sir Rodneys Staff

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Eric Lowe I find this Academy situation thing very complicated...one pro who we were close to started his road to playing professional football, playing in his school team .playing for his county then youth side for Leicester, then given pro terms reserve side then loans and finally a league player...

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Les Ashmore I think it is a change of times Eric, That was back when pros didn't have or need Agents, Nowadays if they go through an Academy I think they have first claim to them so in effect have first claim on any fee, Maybe?

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

So the whole post makes me conclude....that Les was talking rubbish about Tendayi coming through our academy.

He'll be claiming credit for Kevin Davies next! At least he was only 15 when he was released by Sheff U....

This post has been edited by brianclose: 23 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

#2722 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

Stuart Hutcheson Ha ha needing to be bailed out yet you insist on putting a positive spin on its creation

Les Ashmore To say that Such as Tendayi Darikwa came from the venture is proof enough of it's value and let's hope for many more

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson I didn't realise Chris Turners troubled venture had been in operation since before 2010...

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Well from the look of your posts mate you dont realise a few things, When Professionals like Sir Rodney Walker make a statement like " I am delighted to be associated with the new FBT International Academy and for it to have its home in Chesterfield. I...See More

Stuart Hutcheson So Tendayi was a product of a venture than was incorporated years after he made his professional debut.....

Les Ashmore He came from Chesterfield mate that alone is enough for me, and I hope a lot more will but from inside the academy

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

John Stevenson Les Tendayi was a product of Notts county then CFC signed him 2010 on a pro contract then loaned him to Barrow.

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Because I wanted to Simples, Why did you try and ridicule my post? Probably because you wanted to

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson Ok Les, you win. You can't discuss certain subjects with some people I guess

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Correct my Friend, I prefer to look at things positively, You decided to try to make fun of it and I cannot understand what pleasure some people get out of trying to ridicule somebody or something, It is a Fact that this is a fantastic move for Chester...See More

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

John Stevenson I do know you Les and you have always been fine with me but thought it was a genuine error on your part re TD

Stuart Hutcheson Theres having a positive outlook and there's being so blinkered that you can't see (or choose to ignore) the bigger picture.

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Stuart Hutcheson there are non so blind as those who cannot see, try specsavers my friend

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Stuart Hutcheson you mention seeing the bigger picture, what's gone has gone end of, the bigger picture now if you can't see it is that a man and an organisation who cannot be ignored as being of very high standards is now a 50% owner of the academy and I can see nothing but giving a credible name to all it does <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:65% 35%;background-size:4100%" title="grinning"></span></span><span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:5% 42.5%;background-size:4100%" title="soccer"></span></span>

Stuart Hutcheson Well I'll have to agree with you, it's certainly been lacking in credibility

Les Ashmore Thank you, so now you see what my original post was intended for, the past no matter which opinion or allegations you wish to follow is gone and will never return no matter what is done or said, so please let us concentrate on the future <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:5% 42.5%;background-size:4100%" title="soccer"></span></span><span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:5% 42.5%;background-size:4100%" title="soccer"></span></span><span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:37.5% 20%;background-size:4100%" title="+1"></span></span>

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Les Ashmore If people can post things like were posted that is BUll***t I do not se any reason why I can't join them

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Stuart Hutcheson Oh dear, doesn't really make for a very strong argument though does it. Perhaps even makes you look ever so slightly silly even

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Mark Hill The success of this kind of venture can only be measured in pros produced. So far it's zero. Let's judge its success in 5 years time. If it doesn't go bust.

Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Les Ashmore I wouldn't say that is totally true Mark as Curtiss Morrison, Derek Daly, are now pros with contracts, also from what I understand there are extremely High hopes for Iffy Ofoegbu, I saw him play a couple of times and he is extremely good in my opinion,...See More

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Mark Hill I stand to be corrected, but Morrison and Daly both came through Mark Smiths academy and were nothing to do with the International Academy, PPP, CFDDSS or whatever it is called? It may be unlikely with the financial backing it now has but if the same person or people are sailing the ship that got it £77k in the red in the first place? Time will tell.

Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Les Ashmore I understand that all the staff are staying and also I am led to understand that internally the Academy is all the same ie no CFC Academy or PPP or International, I believe that the Financial side and Accounting are being carried out by Sir Rodneys Staff

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Eric Lowe I find this Academy situation thing very complicated...one pro who we were close to started his road to playing professional football, playing in his school team .playing for his county then youth side for Leicester, then given pro terms reserve side then loans and finally a league player...

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Les Ashmore I think it is a change of times Eric, That was back when pros didn't have or need Agents, Nowadays if they go through an Academy I think they have first claim to them so in effect have first claim on any fee, Maybe?

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

I knew someone would comply :D :D
So now you can see that nowhere did I state that "He was a Product of that venture" and merely baited a person who likes to ridicule
Just as I baited you to copy and Paste :lol:

But to point out you obviously missed this line in your Highlighting Les Ashmore He came from Chesterfield mate that alone is enough for me, and I hope a lot more will but from inside the academy
:wub:

This post has been edited by Les Ashmore: 23 September 2016 - 03:44 PM

ReBorn Spireite

#2723 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

I knew someone would comply :D :D
So now you can see that nowhere did I state that "He was a Product of that venture" and merely baited a person who likes to ridicule
Just as I baited you to copy and Paste :lol:

But to point out you obviously missed this line in your Highlighting Les Ashmore He came from Chesterfield mate that alone is enough for me, and I hope a lot more will but from inside the academy
:wub:

"Tendayi Darikwa came from the venture" are your exact words.

#2724 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

View Posthilly81, on 23 September 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

"Tendayi Darikwa came from the venture" are your exact words.

I am sure we all remember when TD had his "Problem" where was he training to get over it?
ReBorn Spireite

#2725 User is offline   The Rec 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Les Ashmore Stuart Hutcheson you mention seeing the bigger picture, what's gone has gone end of, the bigger picture now if you can't see it is that a man and an organisation who cannot be ignored as being of very high standards is now a 50% owner of the academy and I can see nothing but giving a credible name to all it does 😀⚽️

Les Ashmore Thank you, so now you see what my original post was intended for, the past no matter which opinion or allegations you wish to follow is gone and will never return no matter what is done or said, so please let us concentrate on the future ⚽️⚽️👍

Like · Reply · 21 hrs

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Like · Reply · 17 hrs

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

One flew over the cuckoos nest!!

#2726 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostThe Rec, on 23 September 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:

One flew over the cuckoos nest!!

Oh Christ I must have missed that that One :rolleyes:
ReBorn Spireite

#2727 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

I am sure we all remember when TD had his "Problem" where was he training to get over it?

Les do you really think a youngster (or his parents) who have to pay to join an academy has a chance of making it over kids in established genuine academies where they are there on merit ?

#2728 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

It is quite obvious you arent as knowledgeable as you Think So I will help

Smith Sees Darikwa as Academy Role Model
Posted: Tue 04 Aug 2015
image: http://www.chesterfi...875_478x359.jpg

Academy manager Mark Smith feels that the recent departure of Tendayi Darikwa to Burnley underlines the work in the Chesterfield academy and will help spur on the current recruits.
After joining the Chesterfield youth set-up as a teenager, Darikwa gradually graduated to the first team, where he clocked-up 125 appearances and was a pivitol figure in promotion and play-off teams before transferring to Championship side Burnley last week.

Along with all Spirietes supporters, Smith was saddened to see Darikwa leave the Proact fold, but feels his efforts can have a positive effect on the young players in the academy aiming to go on similar footballing journeys.

"It certainly shows what we're about as an academy," said Smith. "It's obviously tough to get a player like that through every year, though that is the idea, but I think that all the work he did here, from the youth set-up and then with a couple of loan moves ultimately helped mould him into the player he's now become.

"I wasn't here when Tendayi first joined but I'd say we've got some players here in the academy who, when you compare them to Tendayi, are in the same mould as Tendayi was.

"Now it's the case that you can hold Tendayi up as a role model. We say to the players that they have got that chance but it's up to them and their ability as to how far they take it."

As well as helping the current crop of young players, Smith also feels that Darikwa's progress will assist with attracting other high-quality youngsters to the Spireites academy.

"Having produced a player like Tendayi helps to underpin what we say to parents and players when they are thinking of joining our academy. We can show them an example of where they want to go with getting professional contracts and playing in the first team.

"You can say that this could be your son or this could be you as an individual in the future. Obviously, there's a lot of hard work to be put in before that but it shows you what can be achieved by players here."

Read more at http://www.chesterfi...VFuO8UWie8Kj.99
ReBorn Spireite

#2729 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

Academy manager Mark Smith feels that the recent departure of Tendayi Darikwa to Burnley underlines the work in the Chesterfield academy and will help spur on the current recruits.
After joining the Chesterfield youth set-up as a teenager, Darikwa gradually graduated to the first team, where he clocked-up 125 appearances and was a pivitol figure in promotion and play-off teams before transferring to Championship side Burnley last week.

Along with all Spirietes supporters, Smith was saddened to see Darikwa leave the Proact fold, but feels his efforts can have a positive effect on the young players in the academy aiming to go on similar footballing journeys.

"It certainly shows what we're about as an academy," said Smith. "It's obviously tough to get a player like that through every year, though that is the idea, but I think that all the work he did here, from the youth set-up and then with a couple of loan moves ultimately helped mould him into the player he's now become.

"I wasn't here when Tendayi first joined but I'd say we've got some players here in the academy who, when you compare them to Tendayi, are in the same mould as Tendayi was.

"Now it's the case that you can hold Tendayi up as a role model. We say to the players that they have got that chance but it's up to them and their ability as to how far they take it."

As well as helping the current crop of young players, Smith also feels that Darikwa's progress will assist with attracting other high-quality youngsters to the Spireites academy.

"Having produced a player like Tendayi helps to underpin what we say to parents and players when they are thinking of joining our academy. We can show them an example of where they want to go with getting professional contracts and playing in the first team.

"You can say that this could be your son or this could be you as an individual in the future. Obviously, there's a lot of hard work to be put in before that but it shows you what can be achieved by players here."

Is a different academy FFS !

#2730 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

View Postmoondog, on 23 September 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

Think Les might have been out for a liquid lunch with his mate CT.🍻

#2731 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

How is that relevant to anything?

#2732 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

View Postmoondog, on 23 September 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

Oh I thought it was all in one small building?
With the same staff?
With same equipment?
With same end product
Under same umbrella

But I never stated any particular academy, I stated he came from it?

This post has been edited by Les Ashmore: 23 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

ReBorn Spireite

#2733 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

With the same staff?
With same equipment?
With same end product
Under same umbrella

No its a totally separate enterprise

The end product is obtain cash from kids/parents who pay to join.

I hope the penny has now dropped

#2734 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

With the same staff?
With same equipment?
With same end product
Under same umbrella

No idea who you are, but a word in your ear, stop digging for the sake your own dignity
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#2735 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

View Postazul, on 23 September 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

No idea who you are, but a word in your ear, stop digging for the sake your own dignity

Amen to that, I have tried to tell him that he's making himself look ever so slightly ridiculous...

#2736 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

View Postmoondog, on 23 September 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

No its a totally separate enterprise

The end product is obtain cash from kids/parents who pay to join.

I hope the penny has now dropped

Not at all mate, The Academy as far as I am concerned is to attract kids / youths into football to see if they have a future in football, Regardless of if they pay or are paid for or who by, If they come and get a professional contract then that is the achievement They may come from playing local football and be spotted it is irrelevant as far as I can see, The Fact is TD went into that building amongst other places and came out a superb player, I cannot be totally confident on the staff but I feel the vast majority are the same who were there then are still there now.
Please tell me the difference of the company name, If you want a bus that goes to Matlock what difference does it make the name of the Company.

Now I appreciate that some parents who would like to see their kids become footballers get disappointed when they are told they won't but that is natural.

So please educate me what the difference is in your opinion?
ReBorn Spireite

#2737 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:16 PM

Does anyone know off a "waffle" help line
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#2738 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 23 September 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Does anyone know off a "waffle" help line

Lol Your the Clarevoyant, You tell us :D
ReBorn Spireite

#2739 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not at all mate, The Academy as far as I am concerned is to attract kids / youths into football to see if they have a future in football, Regardless of if they pay or are paid for or who by, If they come and get a professional contract then that is the achievement They may come from playing local football and be spotted it is irrelevant as far as I can see, The Fact is TD went into that building amongst other places and came out a superb player, I cannot be totally confident on the staff but I feel the vast majority are the same who were there then are still there now.
Please tell me the difference of the company name, If you want a bus that goes to Matlock what difference does it make the name of the Company.

Now I appreciate that some parents who would like to see their kids become footballers get disappointed when they are told they won't but that is natural.

So please educate me what the difference is in your opinion?

TD had natural ability that's why he was picked up by Notts County and then us, he didn't pay to join us because he was good enough, NONE of the staff are the same, it's is a separate enterprise,

Whilst the bus might say Matlock on the front and will charge you an expensive fare and make you buy a uniform before you can get on, the reality, is you'll be lucky to get further than Walton.

#2740 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostLes Ashmore, on 23 September 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

Lol Your the Clarevoyant, You tell us :D

You can easily check spelling without the requirement of a "help line"
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again