Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Have We Lost Even More Money? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Have We Lost Even More Money?

#1 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

Danny pretty much said we've got to go with what we've already got in his latest interview. This despite signing players who must be costing us less than what we've lost. Have our money troubles got worse since early pre season when there appeared to be plenty of intention of signing more, not least a left sided central defender?
Anybody know what the hell is happening to our player budget?

#2 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc thats all

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

I guess you just have to realise that if the stated loss of a third of season ticket holders is true then that will reflect on the player budget.
So yes you could say the club has lost money in that respect and it's going to impact on the quality of the team.
It's a slippery slope we are on. I wonder if cashing in on Paul Cook and his team seems a sensible strategy to the board now.
Non league refs WOW

#3 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 05 August 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

I guess you just have to realise that if the stated loss of a third of season ticket holders is true then that will reflect on the player budget.
So yes you could say the club has lost money in that respect and it's going to impact on the quality of the team.
It's a slippery slope we are on. I wonder if cashing in on Paul Cook and his team seems a sensible strategy to the board now.

It's down to Danny and his team to turn that negative into a positive.

If we do better than expected and are around the top 6 (I don't see it personally) then the non-renewing adult season ticket holders returning at game-by-game prices could see any losses wiped out.

#4 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 05 August 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

Danny pretty much said we've got to go with what we've already got in his latest interview. This despite signing players who must be costing us less than what we've lost. Have our money troubles got worse since early pre season when there appeared to be plenty of intention of signing more, not least a left sided central defender?

I'd imagine the playing budget has been cut in line with the falling attendances last season, most of the silverware has already been sold and ST sales are (presumably) considerably down on last season.

#5 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 05 August 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's recently been stated that the club monitor this board. If they do then they can obviously expect falling income throughout the season. People have suggested they may not go because of Ched, others have stated that whilst ever Turner is here and we are losing money then they aren't going to spend money in the ground or in the club shop etc.

We can't really moan that we don't run the club as a business and that we lose money hand over fist which is what appears to have been happening and then moan again when we appear to be cutting our cloth accordingly. Reduced income and further anticipation of reduced income, obviously can only end one way, unless DA puts further money in and increases the debt, it's a vicious circle.

#6 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 05 August 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

It's recently been stated that the club monitor this board. If they do then they can obviously expect falling income throughout the season. People have suggested they may not go because of Ched, others have stated that whilst ever Turner is here and we are losing money then they aren't going to spend money in the ground or in the club shop etc.

We can't really moan that we don't run the club as a business and that we lose money hand over fist which is what appears to have been happening and then moan again when we appear to be cutting our cloth accordingly. Reduced income and further anticipation of reduced income, obviously can only end one way, unless DA puts further money in and increases the debt, it's a vicious circle.

We could cut the player budget to £800K and still lose money on previous years financial performances.

Perhaps we could look elsewhere for cuts and I'm not just talking outsourcing the pitch maintanance

Anyway I'm not so sure this years playing budget has been cut that much.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#7 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 05 August 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

Surely not that many. But we should be told.

#8 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:10 AM

:rolleyes: With not mustering a 7k average gate throughout the last season the club have lost money so are hardly likely to up any spending for this one. :blink:So logic says the budget will have reduced. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by BlueRover52: 05 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

Many a good tune

#9 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 05 August 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

It's down to Danny and his team to turn that negative into a positive.

If we do better than expected and are around the top 6 (I don't see it personally) then the non-renewing adult season ticket holders returning at game-by-game prices could see any losses wiped out.

That is the crux of it. We have reached a stage where the performance of the team is paramount to turn this worrying downward spiral of brand Chesterfield. We see this and the board must see this. If ever there was a time to not to neglect the playing side then this is it.
This is either the opportunity to turn it all around and get the disgruntled of Chesterfield through the turnstiles as you say or a continuum to oblivion.
Non league refs WOW

#10 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 05 August 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

That is the crux of it. We have reached a stage where the performance of the team is paramount to turn this worrying downward spiral of brand Chesterfield. We see this and the board must see this. If ever there was a time to not to neglect the playing side then this is it.
This is either the opportunity to turn it all around and get the disgruntled of Chesterfield through the turnstiles as you say or a continuum to oblivion.

The flip side of that is, 6 games without a win, out of the Coca Cola cup (Or whatever) and in the bottom 4 the Proact will be a very ugly and empty place to be. You are so right we need the team to start well.

#11 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 05 August 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

We should be told. I don't understand why the season ticket total is not disclosed.
I was talking to a Leeds fan here at work and they have a promotion where if 15000 season tickets are sold then Leeds have said that if they don't finish in the top six then said 15000 can have half their money back.
Some gamble that! Good selling incentive though.
Non league refs WOW

#12 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

View Postazul, on 05 August 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

We could cut the player budget to £800K and still lose money on previous years financial performances.

Perhaps we could look elsewhere for cuts and I'm not just talking outsourcing the pitch maintanance

Anyway I'm not so sure this years playing budget has been cut that much.

All true. My point was that it was somewhat self perpetuating

#13 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

View Posthilly81, on 05 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

The flip side of that is, 6 games without a win, out of the Coca Cola cup (Or whatever) and in the bottom 4 the Proact will be a very ugly and empty place to be. You are so right we need the team to start well.

Sadly, I see your scenario being more likely to occur and this from a lapsed happy clapper. I feel as though the board have done a Harry Potter dementor job on me and sucked every last bit of enjoyment out of it. I'll be there though.
Non league refs WOW

#14 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

The club are gamblin on a Ched windfall and have taken the hit that goes with it
God I hate this league.

#15 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 05 August 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

The club are gamblin on a Ched windfall and have taken the hit that goes with it

very good!

#16 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

View Posthilly81, on 05 August 2016 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thing is that would be a disaster for any of the 92 clubs in the leagues, so much so, that it is highly likely that, in this era, such a club would sack their manger after the sixth game.

#17 User is offline   spireman 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Why, let everyone else in the efl know what we can or cannot afford.

#18 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:39 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 05 August 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

very good!

Get a life lol

Why? Invite a load of self righteous abuse lol
God I hate this league.

#19 User is offline   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 05 August 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

Sadly, I see your scenario being more likely to occur and this from a lapsed happy clapper. I feel as though the board have done a Harry Potter dementor job on me and sucked every last bit of enjoyment out of it. I'll be there though.

Happy Clapper?
Pushing it a bit there regarding the happy bit. lol. 😃

#20 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Picture the scene, a club sat 5th in division one, having just sold their leading striker and a messageboard no-mark recommends to the club's CEO & Head of Marketing, that now might be a good time to introduce schemes designed to protect and safeguard income streams against the volatility associated with a drop in medium to long term performance.

I may as well have been having a conversation with our dogs.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users