Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Day To Remember - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Day To Remember Champions

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:13 PM

What a day! It was written in the stars to win the Championship in front of an incredible home support.

What an atmosphere from minute one & todays outcome was just inevitable….quite emotional to finally win it & Paul Cook deserves every single plaudit that is thrown at him for such an amazing & record breaking season (and still 5 games to go)

But too much for my poorly body to celebrate all night…but I’ll pour a nice glass of red with my feet up

Enjoy the weekend & celebrate a great day

COYB ����

This post has been edited by Waller is my hero: 23 March 2024 - 06:14 PM

#2 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:28 PM

champions and boy did we mean it today, we played like champions, sang like champions, a fantastic day and credit to everyone involved in this great achievement. 6 years we have waited and we go back a stronger, happier club than the one that dropped down 6 years ago.

#3 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:29 PM

Truly amazing.

Firstly... Paul Cook; what a man.

Will Grigg. I doubted him at first but, more goals this season than in his previous four.

The fans - incredible numbers; what a town!

Mr Smith - you were right.

The messages from fans from all over the country (even Scotland), congratulating us and welcoming us back to the EFL; truly unbelievable and humbling.

(I'm still worried about the defence)....but it's party time tonight 🎉🍻🍺🍸🍹🥂🍾🍷

Well done everyone at CFC - what a season!

#4 User is online   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:34 PM

This seemed to be more emotional than any of the other championships and promotions. Was this because it meant a return to the football league? I also didn't realise it was the first won at home since the 1930s. The last under Cook was won at Burton but does anyone know where the others were won?
I remember 1985 pitch invasion against Rochdale at home when presumably it was already won, bvut can't recall any of the others.

This post has been edited by Zigsuk: 23 March 2024 - 06:35 PM

#5 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:43 PM

My personal feelings as to why this promotion seems much more emotional is for two reasons,one it feels like being in God's waiting room (that could just be my age and feeling over the past few years that we would not return to the EFL in my lifetime),and two, I believe we have finally got our club back 👍

#6 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:56 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 23 March 2024 - 06:43 PM, said:

My personal feelings as to why this promotion seems much more emotional is for two reasons,one it feels like being in God's waiting room (that could just be my age and feeling over the past few years that we would not return to the EFL in my lifetime),and two, I believe we have finally got our club back 👍

We have a manager who believes in his players, and players who will battle and not give in and supporters who love them all, but more than anything all three, manager,players and fans love this club. Is it great to be back, you bet it is.

#7 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 07:00 PM

Never in doubt 💙🤍
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#8 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 07:46 PM

I’ve been critical of PC this season about his tactics but his interview on NLTV nearly brought me to tears tonight. Putting aside his day job he’s a genuine bloke and I can understand why he’s been able to bring together a group of players who aren’t necessarily the best individually but as a group they’ve done the job. Apologies if I’ve offended lots of posters but my criticisms have been directed at our style of play and selection on occasions but with the best intentions of our club as a fan. My gripes are history tonight - I just want to enjoy the moment. To be honest it’s only just sinking in a few hours after the final whistle.
No more artificial pitches, no more quagmires, no more sloping pitches, no more long journeys south for our great fans, no more Solihull😄( for now but that could change before the end of the season), no more NLTV for me - I’ll settle for 1866, proper grounds, more atmosphere, bigger gates away, better football, hopefully even more success next year. If Wrexham & Stockport can do it so can we.

PS a bit surprised to see the underwhelming reaction of some of the Directors of the club who were completely poker-faced at the end of the match and during the celebrations.

Hopefully like me they had a delayed reaction to getting across the line.

PPS I really hope during the remaining games we can shed the shackles and really show how good we can play, especially players like Berry who I think has been a bit afraid to show what he can do at times.

Above all thank **** we’ve got out of this league at last

What a relief

Champions ! L2 here we come

#9 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 March 2024 - 07:53 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 23 March 2024 - 06:34 PM, said:

This seemed to be more emotional than any of the other championships and promotions. Was this because it meant a return to the football league? I also didn't realise it was the first won at home since the 1930s. The last under Cook was won at Burton but does anyone know where the others were won?
I remember 1985 pitch invasion against Rochdale at home when presumably it was already won, bvut can't recall any of the others.

I seem to recall the 2011 promotion being confirmed due a result elsewhere without us playing.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 23 March 2024 - 07:54 PM

#10 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 08:00 PM

Me...all summer... https://m.youtube.co...XQgaGFwcGluZXNz
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#11 User is offline   sign of the chimes 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 08:15 PM

Congratulations on your promotion back to the EFL, it will be good to have you back. Really pleased for you, the management team (always held a soft spot for Paul Cook after his tenure at Pompey and Robbo for his role in our promotion from L2), and a few of your current players who've worn the royal blue for us in recent years.

I could see how much quality you had when you dumped us out of the cup at your place in the autumn but even then, to win such a competitive division with five games to spare is an incredible achievement.

Savour today - have a great weekend - and welcome back.

#12 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 08:15 PM

View PostCum on u blues, on 23 March 2024 - 07:46 PM, said:

I’ve been critical of PC this season about his tactics but his interview on NLTV nearly brought me to tears tonight. Putting aside his day job he’s a genuine bloke and I can understand why he’s been able to bring together a group of players who aren’t necessarily the best individually but as a group they’ve done the job. Apologies if I’ve offended lots of posters but my criticisms have been directed at our style of play and selection on occasions but with the best intentions of our club as a fan. My gripes are history tonight - I just want to enjoy the moment. To be honest it’s only just sinking in a few hours after the final whistle.
No more artificial pitches, no more quagmires, no more sloping pitches, no more long journeys south for our great fans, no more Solihull😄( for now but that could change before the end of the season), no more NLTV for me - I’ll settle for 1866, proper grounds, more atmosphere, bigger gates away, better football, hopefully even more success next year. If Wrexham & Stockport can do it so can we.

PS a bit surprised to see the underwhelming reaction of some of the Directors of the club who were completely poker-faced at the end of the match and during the celebrations.

Hopefully like me they had a delayed reaction to getting across the line.

PPS I really hope during the remaining games we can shed the shackles and really show how good we can play, especially players like Berry who I think has been a bit afraid to show what he can do at times.

Above all thank **** we’ve got out of this league at last

What a relief

Champions ! L2 here we come

You genuinely think your criticism of his tactics is justified as well don’t you? Even tho we’ve thrilled our way to the title with ease and it’s only March. The mind boggles. Nice post tho 😂

#13 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 23 March 2024 - 09:02 PM

And more good news on a good news day,all those strikers on Oldham's books keep doing the business.😂

#14 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2024 - 10:18 PM

Just seen the boys in town with Jonesy carrying the trophy. They seem to be having a good night. Shame town is dead now on a Saturday night

#15 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:West Ham United <br />Lager

Posted 24 March 2024 - 12:36 AM

View PostPainted Wagon, on 23 March 2024 - 10:18 PM, said:

Just seen the boys in town with Jonesy carrying the trophy. They seem to be having a good night. Shame town is dead now on a Saturday night

How ironic that someone with your name writes that last sentence
Respect to you pal
THEY FLY SO HIGH , NEARLY REACH THE SKY , AND LIKE MY DREAMS THEY FADE AND DIE

#16 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2024 - 12:50 AM

Didn’t know where to put this but …..
As just possibly the biggest poster who doesn’t actually support Tahn
Can I wish each and everyone of the most sincerest congratulations on what happened since last May … especially to my Grandkids ( Poppy & Ted )
You have blitzed that league and great respect for losing at Halifax to make today 24 times more wonderful for you all.
I was there home to Peterborough 1970 and at Peterborough 1985
But today it’s for you lot … I still believe you will play S2 in a league match in August next year
Well done …. It’s not my party but forgive me if I don’t raise a Jameson in the direction of Whitt Moor right now where I heard Jamie Grimesscore at 3.18 today while walking my dog in Brearley Park , that separates the cities of Old and New Whitt in a way the Bosphourus separates Istanbul

God bless you all

This post has been edited by Comeonyouirons: 24 March 2024 - 12:50 AM

#17 User is offline   Comeonyouirons 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2024 - 12:58 AM

At the risk of being a party pooper but how the kin beejjeeesuss have Kidderminster in 22nd conceded 7 less in as many games 😂🤷‍♂️

#18 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2024 - 07:14 AM

View PostComeonyouirons, on 24 March 2024 - 12:58 AM, said:

At the risk of being a party pooper but how the kin beejjeeesuss have Kidderminster in 22nd conceded 7 less in as many games ����‍♂️

Lots of LaughsPosted Image Its because we work on the Brazil principle of ...... if you score 3 we will score 4. We have relied on that principle all season.

This post has been edited by HoneyTrippa: 24 March 2024 - 07:14 AM

There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#19 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2024 - 07:54 AM

After the wonderful highs of our promotion, just to add another sweetener, Chesterfield Ladies beat Mansfield Ladies :)

#20 User is offline   Alice Cooper 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Football Club,
    The Apollo moon landings,
    Military aircraft,
    Annoying my wife.

Posted 24 March 2024 - 10:28 AM

A word of warning to all clubs in league 2 next season.
We are on our way.
Be afraid......
Be very afraid!
Until I'm 6 feet under baby I don't need a bed
Gonna live while I'm alive I'll sleep when I'm dead

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users