Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Bbc Radio Sheffield Interviews - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bbc Radio Sheffield Interviews

#41 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2023 - 07:47 AM

View Postdim view, on 16 August 2023 - 06:12 AM, said:

Just listening.....and he implied (in my opinion) that they won't get selected.

Yep, just watched the YouTube interview. We won't see them in a town shirt again. My take, for what its worth, is they are remaining loyal to their manager and not giving the club an inch.

This post has been edited by Quaker: 16 August 2023 - 07:54 AM

#42 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 16 August 2023 - 08:04 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 07:47 AM, said:

Yep, just watched the YouTube interview. We won't see them in a town shirt again. My take, for what its worth, is they are remaining loyal to their manager and not giving the club an inch.

Loyal to their manager? Do you mean the man who signed them? Hahaha what. They have contracts, their careers are precarious at any time, never more than now, why should they be eager to jump now without anywhere to go to?
@MancSpireites

#43 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:02 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 06:51 AM, said:

I’ve only listened to the radio Sheffield interview and they cut that short, I’ll have a butchers on YouTube, thanks 👍🏼

Apologies, not sure why it's been clipped there.

I'll pop the full interview on via another link later.

Although, I think the club's you tube video is the full one.

#44 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:10 AM

View PostZeus, on 16 August 2023 - 08:04 AM, said:

Loyal to their manager? Do you mean the man who signed them? Hahaha what. They have contracts, their careers are precarious at any time, never more than now, why should they be eager to jump now without anywhere to go to?

I’m not saying they will jump. I’m thinking exactly the opposite. They can stitch up the club that sacked and ruined the career of their mate (I’m glad we did sack him by the way) by doing nothing and sitting out their contracts on alleged decent money.

#45 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:18 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 10:10 AM, said:

I’m not saying they will jump. I’m thinking exactly the opposite. They can stitch up the club that sacked and ruined the career of their mate (I’m glad we did sack him by the way) by doing nothing and sitting out their contracts on alleged decent money.

Harry Maguires move to West Ham as now fell through with Harry happy to say and fight for his place At Man Utd, whether that may affect another departure remains to be seen.
East stand second class citizen.

#46 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:19 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 10:10 AM, said:

I'm not saying they will jump. I'm thinking exactly the opposite. They can stitch up the club that sacked and ruined the career of their mate (I'm glad we did sack him by the way) by doing nothing and sitting out their contracts on alleged decent money.

The previous manager has absolutely nothing to do with the thought processes of how either player is choosing to act in their current situation. We don't have a right to be rid of them on a whim, we chose to offer them their current contracts, that's not them stitching us up, they've done nothing wrong. What are you talking about?
@MancSpireites

#47 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:26 AM

View PostZeus, on 16 August 2023 - 10:19 AM, said:

The previous manager has absolutely nothing to do with the thought processes of how either player is choosing to act in their current situation. We don't have a right to be rid of them on a whim, we chose to offer them their current contracts, that's not them stitching us up, they've done nothing wrong. What are you talking about?

It’s just my opinion. Don’t get upset by it. They may have done plenty wrong for all we know.

#48 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:44 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 10:26 AM, said:

It's just my opinion. Don't get upset by it. They may have done plenty wrong for all we know.

I'm not upset, I'm bemused. "For all we know", sure, for all we know they might have expressed support for Mason Greenwood or kicked a dog, but given the lack of any reports on what they've been up to, there is no reason to assume anything about their behaviour or actions, unless you know otherwise?
@MancSpireites

#49 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:52 AM

View PostZeus, on 16 August 2023 - 10:44 AM, said:

I'm not upset, I'm bemused. "For all we know", sure, for all we know they might have expressed support for Mason Greenwood or kicked a dog, but given the lack of any reports on what they've been up to, there is no reason to assume anything about their behaviour or actions, unless you know otherwise?

Just reading the signs.

When it was announced they wouldn’t get a squad number I smelled a rat. We either can’t raise the money to release them or they choose not to accept any offers.

#50 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2023 - 10:58 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 10:52 AM, said:

Just reading the signs.

When it was announced they wouldn't get a squad number I smelled a rat. We either can't raise the money to release them or they choose not to accept any offers.

Or they're not in our plans and no club is offering them as much as they're on because why would they for two players who've been unable to get on the pitch?
@MancSpireites

#51 User is offline   Fact Checker 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:00 AM

View PostQuaker, on 16 August 2023 - 10:52 AM, said:

Just reading the signs.

When it was announced they wouldn’t get a squad number I smelled a rat. We either can’t raise the money to release them or they choose not to accept any offers.

Or, and most likely, they’re both waiting to see what (if any) offers are made from other clubs.
Both are recently injured (or ill) so I doubt the offers made would be anywhere near the salaries they’re on here - too much of a risk for other clubs. In which case, they’ll stay unless paid off.
Nothing wrong with them doing this, they’re entitled to get the salary we agreed on, for the length of contract agreed. In no other industry would an employee be lambasted for not taking a pay cut, football is a weird old industry.

#52 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:39 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 16 August 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

Harry Maguires move to West Ham as now fell through with Harry happy to say and fight for his place At Man Utd, whether that may affect another departure remains to be seen.

More likely is he is getting 200k at manure and west ham giving him just over 100k,idiot he could be straight in first team and Europe football,if ever a player needed to leave it's him to get back on track.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#53 User is offline   Doreets 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2023 - 11:42 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 16 August 2023 - 11:39 AM, said:

More likely is he is getting 200k at manure and west ham giving him just over 100k,idiot he could be straight in first team and Europe football,if ever a player needed to leave it's him to get back on track.

I'd train with the reserves and have my snap in the boot room for an extra 5.2m per year

#54 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2023 - 08:50 PM

https://www.bbc.co.u...in=share-mobile

Danny Webb post Oldham

Branden Horton post Oldham

#55 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:45 PM

Danny Webb post Altrincham.

#56 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 09:19 PM

Time Cook swallowed his pride and started talking to Radio Sheffield himself again.

#57 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 26 August 2023 - 09:27 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 26 August 2023 - 09:19 PM, said:

Time Cook swallowed his pride and started talking to Radio Sheffield himself again.

Why?

#58 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 09:29 PM

View PostQuaker, on 26 August 2023 - 09:27 PM, said:

Why?

Because there is no other club in the country where the assistant mamneger does every interview. Not saying Danny shouldn't do some, but not all. And why doesn't Gary Robers do any anymore?

#59 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 August 2023 - 03:19 AM

View PostQuaker, on 26 August 2023 - 09:27 PM, said:

Why?

He's the so called manager isn't he?

#60 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 27 August 2023 - 06:54 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 27 August 2023 - 03:19 AM, said:

He's the so called manager isn't he?

He is the manager and I would prefer him to sort out what’s going wrong than appease a bunch of needy people wanting to hear his raspy voice.

I know you don’t like him, (you insinuate it enough) but he’s here to get us back on into the football league and going on radio Sheffield isn’t going to make that happen.

I’m not needy like you and a few others, if we lose he gets interviewed which is fair enough. But Radio Sheffield he can avoid everyday for me, they give us nothing, why should he bend over backwards for them. I heard him on 1866 and you can see his post match interview on YouTube. What more do you want, chocolate and flowers?

Stop being a mardarse.

This post has been edited by Quaker: 27 August 2023 - 07:28 AM

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users