Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Where Will This Rank? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where Will This Rank? Promotion and PC?

#61 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:42 PM

View Postsophocles, on 25 March 2024 - 11:27 AM, said:

Dobra really displayed his talent to the full in that match; I said to those around me at half time that all PC needed to say in the dressing room was 'give the ball to Dobra '. The opposition couldn't get near him - not even near enough to foul him. What a talent he is at this, and higher levels. I think that third goal should be credited to him; I love Grimesy, but the way Dobra chased and stopped that ball when everybody in the stadium was convinced it was going out for a throw, then darted past the defender and got his shot in, was absolutely brilliant. It was going in before Grimes got to it anyway. I've got a feeling Dobra will be even better next season, as he seems to thrive more against better opposition.

I sit in the west of the south stand and that ball was going in,would have been miffed though if JG hadn't followed up wouldn't we?Wouldn't have a problem with it being awarded to Dobs.but no one can begrudge the captain keeping it after that performance.

#62 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:55 PM

View PostGoku, on 25 March 2024 - 11:10 AM, said:

Incredible work by Paul Cook to not only get him signed up, but to convince him to stay for another 2 years. What a manager we have. Really makes you feel grateful, doesn't it?

No other manager would have got him to sign at this level to start with let alone sign an extension either. What a manager we have. The very best in the lower leagues. So so lucky to have him. Cook is king. 👑 💙

#63 User is online   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:56 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 25 March 2024 - 12:42 PM, said:

I sit in the west of the south stand and that ball was going in,would have been miffed though if JG hadn't followed up wouldn't we?Wouldn't have a problem with it being awarded to Dobs.but no one can begrudge the captain keeping it after that performance.

I may be mistaken but I'm sure from the angle of one of the highlights there was a defender on the back post who possibly could have cleared it - until Grimes ghosted in and made sure of the goal

#64 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:22 PM

View Postdanblue, on 25 March 2024 - 12:56 PM, said:

I may be mistaken but I'm sure from the angle of one of the highlights there was a defender on the back post who possibly could have cleared it - until Grimes ghosted in and made sure of the goal

If Grigg had been there, he would have tapped it in as well. Better to make sure.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#65 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:23 PM

View PostHaslandBlue58, on 25 March 2024 - 12:42 PM, said:

But it was a good foot from being a goal until Grimes finished it off. Plus there was a defender coming in to clear it. Never ever a Dobra goal.

#66 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:39 PM

View Postrodney, on 25 March 2024 - 01:23 PM, said:

But it was a good foot from being a goal until Grimes finished it off. Plus there was a defender coming in to clear it. Never ever a Dobra goal.

Always easier to see after watching the highlights than in real time?

#67 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 25 March 2024 - 01:50 PM

I agree Grimes had to knock it in to make sure - we'd all be holding our heads in our hands if he'd left it and it had bounced off the post, or cleared by a defender. I don't begrudge it Grimes either- he's had a terrific season. I still can't believe we've got a player of Dobra's class at this level, but that's all down to Cooky.

#68 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:12 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 25 March 2024 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think when he first came to the club he was still a little immature and hot headed. This season has seen him focus more on his game and being part of a team rather than do everything himself. He has matured and improved so much and with the promotion will come his recognition as a contender for the full national team

Purely selfishly, we don't want him missing games for us whilst away with Albania!
We're on our way

#69 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 02:14 PM

View PostMac, on 25 March 2024 - 02:12 PM, said:

Purely selfishly, we don't want him missing games for us whilst away with Albania!

Although his market value would shoot up dramatically if he was an international- and starred.

#70 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:29 PM

May try and get myself an Albanian 🇦🇱
JRID

#71 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 27 March 2024 - 12:50 PM

After listening to Kieran Dyer's podcast with Phil and Ellie, he was instrumental in getting Dobs to sign for us. Until we won on Saturday, his proudest moment was seeing someone he had coached since the age of 15 score at Wembley. More than his own appearances for England. Both Dob's wembley goal and us winning promotion are his best achievements in football, which explains all you need to know about Kieran Dyer. I hope he stays next year and gets input into a new academy, if/when we get it up and running again.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users