• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sturgeon Gone! Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:39 PM

View Postturrhall, on 05 April 2023 - 09:08 AM, said:

https://www.bbc.co.u...otland-65187823

So it was, in fact, nothing to do with Trans issues

The SNP leadership insisting this is not the reason Sturgeon stepped down, so I guess the resident BB political analysts know better?
East stand second class citizen.

#62 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:39 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 05 April 2023 - 05:05 PM, said:

“Real issues”….”little trans drum”…, thankfully most people do see it as a real issue.
Of course concerns extend to the appallingly low prosecution rates, why on earth wouldn’t they? And if some folk want to let airy ar..see blokes use women’s toilets and changing spaces because they wear a dress and call themselves judie then get ready for more horrible events happening.

Rapists aren’t being stopped by the women’s sign on a toilet door.

#63 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:40 PM

View Postturrhall, on 05 April 2023 - 09:08 AM, said:

https://www.bbc.co.u...otland-65187823

So it was, in fact, nothing to do with Trans issues

The SNP leadership insisting this is not the reason Sturgeon stepped down and indeed Sturgeon herself said recently the investigation wasn’t the reason, so I guess the resident BB political analysts know better?

#64 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 06:50 PM

View PostGoku, on 05 April 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

Rapists aren’t being stopped by the women’s sign on a toilet door.

So you agree with the idea of a bloke dressed as a woman who self identifies as a woman should use a woman’s toilet? And it’s much easier for rapists and perverts to enter these spaces if they dress as a woman and self identify, to suggest anything else is ridiculous.

#65 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 07:04 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 05 April 2023 - 06:11 PM, said:

Buuuuut, anyway, I guess none of that takes away what an utterly atrocious reception the transgender bill got when it was revealed the likes of Isla Bryson, a two time rapist, while still identifying as a man, then chose to identify as a woman and get sent to a female prison…not a real issue, of course it’s not!! And if the Labour Party take that line at the next election then they may well be in line for another electoral kick in the proverbials. Thankfully recent reports and talk from SKS seem to indicate they realise the importance of this to around half the electorate.

Two replies to the same post?

Blimey.

I'll ask again, though - if you're so concerned about womens' rights can you point me at, say, three recent posts condemning the plumetting number of rape prosecutions and convictions on your government's watch?

Just three?

And whilst you're at it, how about providing another three cases of women being attacked by trans men in toilets?

I mean, your paper of choice should be absolutely rammed with 'em.

Then did you see your mate Pierce totally nailed on GMB today? He trotted out the tired old 'men are men and women are women' thing before being asked where a transitioning woman sits on his narrow spectrum. His answer was merely a succession of 'errrm's and 'errr's before blurting out summat about how many 'bits' she has.

But hey, let's all get our bloomers into bunches when SKS adopts a degree of civilised sensitivity.

Nah mate, this whole thing's a distraction. A diversion. An attempt to fuel culture wars because thirteen years of tory rule has reduced the country to an embarrassing shambles. "Most people do see it as a serious issue"? Well they might in the Mail or on GeeBeebies, but I interract with scores of folk every day yet not once has anyone mentioned trans stuff. Never. Instead it's things that impact normal punters - spiralling prices...lousy customer service...staff shortages... doctors appointments...crumbling infrastructure...etc..etc...etc.

So please, be my guest, keep insisting it was who dresses how and when that brought down Sturgeon. In the same way you insist the predicted chaos at Dover's nowt to do with Brexit. Or you insisted no one was interested in 'Partygate'. Just don't be surprised when the so called 'silent majority' aren't as gulible as you party and paper are hoping they are, mind...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 05 April 2023 - 07:10 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#66 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 07:11 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 05 April 2023 - 07:04 PM, said:

Two replies to the same post?

Blimey.

I'll ask again, though - if you're so concerned about womens' rights can you point me at, say, three recent posts condemning the plumetting number of rape prosecutions and convictions on your government's watch?

Just three?

And whilst you're at it, how about providing another three cases of women being attacked by trans men in toilets?

I mean, your paper of choice should be absolutely rammed with 'em.

Then did you see your mate Pierce totally nailed on GMB today? He trotted out the tired old 'men are men and women are women' thing before being asked where a transitioning woman sits on his narrow spectrum. His answer was merely a succession of 'errrm's and 'errr's before blurting out summat about how many 'bits' she has.

But hey, let's all get our bloomers into bunches when SKS adopts a degree of civilised sensitivity.

Nah mate, this whole thing's a distraction. A diversion. An attempt to fuel culture wars because thirteen years of tory rule has reduced the country to an embarrassing shambles. "Most people do see it as a serious issue"? Well they might in the Mail or on GeeBeebies, but I interract with scores of folk every day yet not once has anyone mentioned trans stuff. Never. Instead it's things that impact normal punters - spiralling prices...lousy customer service...staff shortages... doctors appointments...crumbling infrastructure...etc..etc...etc.

So please, be my guest, keep insisting it was who dresses how and when that brought down Sturgeon in the same way you insist the predicted chaos at Dover's nowt to do with Brexit. Or you predicted no one was interested in 'Partygate'. Just don't be surprised when the so called 'silent majority' aren't as gulible as you party and paper are hoping they are, mind...

Post in haste re read at your leisure my friend. My knickers were in that much of a twist I put pen to paper straight away before resorting to my usual reasoned response.
No need to provide three links to posts about plummeting conviction levels to prove it’s a disgrace.
And I’m not going to trawl through but whether there’s been three instances of not about issues of trans men using woman’s spaces it doesn’t make it right, but I’d imagine there’s been plenty of instances of indecent exposure, intimidation or just plain vulgarity. And of course issues may not be numerous yet due to the fact the measures are in their infancy. Thankfully measure May soon be in place to prevent it becoming the norm.
At the end of the day I simply think it’s wrong that any man can just choose to self identify as a women, dress as a woman and use their private spaces, that doesn’t mean to say that I’ve no empathy to the people who are taking genuine steps due their own transgender issues or problems and wish to take the steps to change.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 05 April 2023 - 07:14 PM

#67 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 07:20 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 05 April 2023 - 06:40 PM, said:

The SNP leadership insisting this is not the reason Sturgeon stepped down and indeed Sturgeon herself said recently the investigation wasn’t the reason, so I guess the resident BB political analysts know better?

I thought you were the BB political (and everything else) analyst?

#68 User is online   Goku 

Posted 05 April 2023 - 07:21 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 05 April 2023 - 06:50 PM, said:

So you agree with the idea of a bloke dressed as a woman who self identifies as a woman should use a woman’s toilet? And it’s much easier for rapists and perverts to enter these spaces if they dress as a woman and self identify, to suggest anything else is ridiculous.

Nothing is stopping them apart from a door and potentially other people. Nothing can stop a man putting on a dress and attempting to disguise themselves as a woman. Self identification doesn’t come into it. Gender neutral toilets are a thing. How do you know it’s a man? What if it’s a manly-looking woman? Are you going to put gender bouncers on the toilet doors to check every manly-looking entrant’s genitals?

This post has been edited by Goku: 05 April 2023 - 07:23 PM

#69 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 05 April 2023 - 07:33 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 05 April 2023 - 07:11 PM, said:

Post in haste re read at your leisure my friend. My knickers were in that much of a twist I put pen to paper straight away before resorting to my usual reasoned response.
No need to provide three links to posts about plummeting conviction levels to prove it’s a disgrace.
And I’m not going to trawl through but whether there’s been three instances of not about issues of trans men using woman’s spaces it doesn’t make it right, but I’d imagine there’s been plenty of instances of indecent exposure, intimidation or just plain vulgarity. And of course issues may not be numerous yet due to the fact the measures are in their infancy. Thankfully measure May soon be in place to prevent it becoming the norm.
At the end of the day I simply think it’s wrong that any man can just choose to self identify as a women, dress as a woman and use their private spaces, that doesn’t mean to say that I’ve no empathy to the people who are taking genuine steps due their own transgender issues or problems and wish to take the steps to change.

The whole subject is far, far more complex than the usual suspects portray it as (and Pierce should know a hell of a lot better as a gay man - surely he has an insight into just how spiteful some sections of society can be).

If there were a succession of examples of women being attacked by men pretending to be trans, then it might be an issue. But there just aren't. And are you gonna tell the blokes who walk round Town dressed as women they're wrong? Are you gonna patrol toilets checking out the genitalia of those entering? Are tory MP's? The police whose numbers they've cut to such numbers summat as serious as rape is now going largely unpunished? Because that's the logical conclusion of where this is going.

Boys and girls are sometimes born in the wrong bodies. That can be a hell resulting in misery or even suicide in far too many cases. Thankfully recent decades have seen huge strides forward in accepting, understanding and addressing these issues. Unfortunately there'll always be predators exploiting that progress - but it's utterly disgusting that the Right are now using a handfull of such examples to vilify all trans people merely to distract from their own incompetence and corruptions...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 05 April 2023 - 07:34 PM

#70 User is online   Goku 

Posted 06 April 2023 - 08:06 AM

https://sotn.newstat...re-trans-rights

Do Britons care about trans issues? Apparently not much.

#71 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 06 April 2023 - 09:23 AM

View PostGoku, on 06 April 2023 - 08:06 AM, said:

The noise about a handful of blokes who want to dress as women is truly astonishing
JRID

#72 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 06 April 2023 - 09:25 AM

Like the article I care but it’s not a vote winner or loser either way. As you’ve said sometimes it’s least worst that gets the vote. Voting issues are all relative. I want strong policies for health, law, immigration, social care. If a party had these and a poor position on trans then they get the tick.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#73 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 06 April 2023 - 10:31 AM

Ah a link from the “Liberal progressive” New Statesman, imagine if I’d posted a link from the Mail… you’d have chocked with indifference!

#74 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 April 2023 - 05:35 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 06 April 2023 - 10:31 AM, said:

Ah a link from the “Liberal progressive” New Statesman, imagine if I’d posted a link from the Mail… you’d have chocked with indifference!

Guess which paper spent day after day and week after week insisiting trans issues brought Sturgeon down...only to this morning say it's the scandal surrounding her partner...

#75 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 06 April 2023 - 06:15 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 06 April 2023 - 05:35 PM, said:

Guess which paper spent day after day and week after week insisiting trans issues brought Sturgeon down...only to this morning say it's the scandal surrounding her partner...

Well all the press, both the sensible media and the loony left ones, must be wrong because the SNP line, and indeed Sturgeons line, is that she stepped down due to fatigue and the SNP needing a new leader, nothing to do with this financial mire that’s engulfing it. And the way you lauded her during the pandemic and the way she spoke then surely you must believe her now?

#76 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2023 - 05:46 PM

SNP in meltdown.

Sturgeon - gone!

Chief Exec Peter Murrell - gone!

Party auditors - gone!

And now the Treasurer Colin Beattie - gone!

Infact it's being widely reported the ex leader's arrest is "inevitable", too.

All of which leaves two inescapable facts: first, the usual suspects - whose obsession with trans stuff has reached almost fetish levels - were ridiculously wrong to blame her exit on their current culture war, and second, this can only mean more seats for Labour...

#77 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 April 2023 - 05:51 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 19 April 2023 - 05:46 PM, said:

SNP in meltdown.

Sturgeon - gone!

Chief Exec Peter Murrell - gone!

Party auditors - gone!

And now the Treasurer Colin Beattie - gone!

Infact it's being widely reported the ex leader's arrest is "inevitable", too.

All of which leaves two inescapable facts: first, the usual suspects - whose obsession with trans stuff has reached almost fetish levels - were ridiculously wrong to blame her exit on their current culture war, and second, this can only mean more seats for Labour...

Whatever the reasons she’s gone, she’s a Rum ‘un and a wrong ‘un. I’ve been trying to tell the board this for the last few years!

#78 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2023 - 09:54 PM

For those Sturgeon luvvies on here, the ones who are now applauding her downfall because it might mean more seats for Labour when they lauded her as almost god like during the covid crisis and the Brexit fall out, and those who said her resignation was all to do with the impending financial calamity the SNP now faces well she clearly says that wasn’t the reason for her stepping down!
Either you believe her or you don’t!

https://news.sky.com...tmares-12866196

#79 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 26 April 2023 - 04:03 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 April 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

Whatever the reasons she’s gone, she’s a Rum ‘un and a wrong ‘un. I’ve been trying to tell the board this for the last few years!

You were have also been telling us how good the fat blonde lier was.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#80 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 11 June 2023 - 01:34 PM

A 52 yr old woman arrested by Scottish police in the investigation into misuse of SNP finances.
I think Sturgeon is 52!

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users