Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ched, Make Your Own Mind Up - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ched, Make Your Own Mind Up

#21 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

View Postdim view, on 25 July 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

That's ok.
So, the people who brought charges on 'flimsy' evidence were the police. Of course, there are some people who don't think it was flimsy including the CPS, a jury, and a panel of Appeal Court judges.

How many times in recent history have the CPS gone for the celebrity only to lose costly trials on the flimsiest of evidence.
God I hate this league.

#22 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 July 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

How many times in recent history have the CPS gone for the celebrity only to lose costly trials on the flimsiest of evidence.

Dunno mate, but it's irrelevant as they didn't lose.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#23 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:56 AM

http://www.dailymail...elieve-her.html

#24 User is offline   Cheshunt Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

Really need to stop attacking the victim, alleged or not. The police chose to prosecute, not her. An incident happened, she was unsure so used her right (one that should be encourage) to go to the police. She's had to change her identity several times and leave the country- she has suffered far more than Ched, who can still see all his family and live under his real name in his home nation, and if he's proved innocent at trial then that does not give an excuse to increase the level of attacks on her.

Say you believe Ched is innocent, but don't claim he's a good person for what he did, going out with the intention of cheating on his partner. I won't argue with those cheering him as a player at the club, what he does on the pitch is not linked to the incident.

I absolutely do not understand how people can defend Ched by saying there's insufficient evidence then attack the girl. It's moronic and a disgrace to the image of the clubs supporters.

#25 User is offline   Price 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

View PostCheshunt Spireite, on 25 July 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Really need to stop attacking the victim, alleged or not. The police chose to prosecute, not her. An incident happened, she was unsure so used her right (one that should be encourage) to go to the police. She's had to change her identity several times and leave the country- she has suffered far more than Ched, who can still see all his family and live under his real name in his home nation, and if he's proved innocent at trial then that does not give an excuse to increase the level of attacks on her.

Say you believe Ched is innocent, but don't claim he's a good person for what he did, going out with the intention of cheating on his partner. I won't argue with those cheering him as a player at the club, what he does on the pitch is not linked to the incident.

I absolutely do not understand how people can defend Ched by saying there's insufficient evidence then attack the girl. It's moronic and a disgrace to the image of the clubs supporters.

Well said

#26 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

One of the best posts I've seen on this site. Bravo sir.

#27 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

Well said, only issue is whether it was legally rape everything else surrounding the case stinks, including some of the debate on here
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#28 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

Got to agree with you mate,good post.

However got to say that she really didn't help herself either with the stuff she put out on social media regarding how she was going to spend the money,etc.

#29 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 25 July 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Got to agree with you mate,good post.

However got to say that she really didn't help herself either with the stuff she put out on social media regarding how she was going to spend the money,etc.

Was she specific about what money was being referred to?

#30 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

Bang on the money. See people, it IS possible not to want Evans castrated and simultaneously not throw dirt at the poor lass at the centre of all this.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#31 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

As if she's suffered more than Evans!?

As proved by this board; many people choose to still throw slurs and call him a rapist even though his conviction has been ruled unsafe/overturned. Without being bothered to observe the outcome of his retrial. A retrial HE has pursued in his determination to prove himself innocent.

To suggest that a woman who's changed her name and gone abroad has suffered to the extent that Evans has is beyond insane. Half the country know who he is. He plys his trade in front of thousands weekly, who did, and will continue to abuse him throughout his career. Guilty or not. He has served time in prison... etc etc.

And lets not pretend there is no precedent for people crying rape, and act as though the female of the species is incapable of telling porkies. All well and good to be gentlemanly, and no question Evans ( like many, many others) is/was a sleazebag. But personally, I don't want to live in a country where the Government or the mob dole out sentences for things they find immoral. We have the law for that, and it shouldn't be used wrongly to make a point.

This post has been edited by KevinArnottsGoldenBoot: 25 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

#32 User is offline   Cheshunt Spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 25 July 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

As if she's suffered more than Evans!?

As proved by this board; many people choose to still throw slurs and call him a rapist even though his conviction has been ruled unsafe/overturned. Without being bothered to observe the outcome of his retrial. A retrial HE has pursued in his determination to prove himself innocent.

To suggest that a woman who's changed her name and gone abroad has suffered to the extent that Evans has is beyond insane. Half the country know who he is. He plys his trade in front of thousands weekly, who did, and will continue to abuse him throughout his career. Guilty or not. He has served time in prison... etc etc.

And lets not pretend there is no precedent for people crying rape, and act as though the female of the species is incapable of telling porkies. All well and good to be gentlemanly, and no question Evans ( like many, many others) is/was a sleazebag. But personally, I don't want to live in a country where the Government or the mob dole out sentences for things they find immoral. We have the law for that, and it shouldn't be used wrongly to make a point.

Matter of perspective in regard to suffering. Yes, Evans did 3yrs and has the mark forever. Even if he's deemed as innocent at trial he'll carry it. That's unfortunate but it's the way society works- they remember the short and negative (it's what the press thrive on). But he will be able to rebuild. He can, as he's showing, go back to his chosen career, get married, go out where he wants and see who he wants. The girl hasn't just changed her name, she's changed it multiple times under police assistance because supporters of Evans (cousins of his have been convicted for it) keep going for her. She doesn't have the option to see who she wants, I believe only her father knows where she is. She has, due to the persecution and fear of others, been denied what I would argue is the right to a normal life. It's dependent on what you feel is more restrictive. I will note that if he is found guilty then he will suffer from the conviction for the rest of his life, as I believe is right.

The first line of your third paragraph is one of the worst things I've read in the discussions on Evans, and it's an example of why I wrote my original post. People lie, that's fact, gender doesn't matter. There's an equally strong possibility Evans is lying, his evidence wasn't strong enough in the first case so it's not unreasonable to assume he's told a fair few in this case. No, it's not illegal to be a sleazebag and I agree it shouldn't be. However, there is a line between being a sleazebag and committing a criminal offence. I partially disagree with your statement about not punishing people for immoral acts as that's the entire basis of criminal law, but agree that general opinion shouldn't decide the sentence in cases. However, you assume that Evans is innocent. There is a chance he will be found guilty and it won't be because of public opinion, it'll be because under the current laws he committed a crime. You have the right to disagree with the current laws as much as someone else has the right to support them.

Not trying to attack you, but curious; if he is found guilty again will you agree with the courts decision?

#33 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 25 July 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

Dear oh dear me.

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

I really can't understand threads like this anymore. All that matters is the final judgement. Guilty and he's a convicted rapist and will carry the stigma, rightly so, forever. Innocent and he's a freeman to continue his life and career to whatever end. The court of law will out and Internet forums are irrelevant..after all it's all conjecture and guess work.
TBH If he gets off I hope he's gets 30 goals this season and goes for 3m.
East stand second class citizen.

#35 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 July 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

Was she specific about what money was being referred to?

I don't think she was anticipating a lottery windfall.

#36 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Even so, her reaction is irrelevant, or it should be, anyway.

#37 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 24 July 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Love Chedders

So that's Evans, Farage, Le Pen and Katie Hopkins you love.......

Beautiful image

#38 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:26 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 25 July 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

So that's Evans, Farage, Le Pen and Katie Hopkins you love.......

Beautiful image

Stop biting !!
God I hate this league.

#39 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:31 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 26 July 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

Stop biting !!

Lol fair point (but it's the only thing which gets me up in the mornings)

#40 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostGoku, on 25 July 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

Even so, her reaction is irrelevant, or it should be, anyway.

Truth.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users