Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: What Will You Miss About Non League Football? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Will You Miss About Non League Football?

#41 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2024 - 05:18 PM

Not being able to make better use of the scoreboard. The EFL do allow playbacks of in game highlights (NL don’t) - be great to see immediately a playback of the build up to, and scoring of goals.

#42 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 March 2024 - 05:24 PM

This league is run like a Gentlemens club and we're not at the top table or allowed near the Chesterfield sofas either. A cesspit of a league and I'm so glad we're out of it starting next season.

#43 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:52 AM

I will miss the banter and travelling all over the country wearing my Town colours without having to worry about meeting any trouble. We've had some fun times meeting opposition fans but I have hated every minute of this league of hell with some aweful non league grounds. I wasn't heartbroken at Wembley, I truly believed Cookecwould win us the league this season, it's meant to be. I have been disappointed twice this season at Dorking and Halifax but I was never worried about us failing to win the league. The points haul and amazing goals total scored so far are unbelievable. Good luck Spireites in the future never to return to this horrible NL.We are here to stay.
lindave

#44 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:54 AM

I'll miss the local games - and really hoping MK dont go up as that will be my nearest game next season. Other than that, nowhere near as many for us southern exiles, especially if Forest Green and Sutton go down.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#45 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:56 PM

Is the gulf as big between national league and league 2 as big these days? Going to be some clubs in league 2 who will have smaller away followings than national league teams and football league teams and still some iffy grounds in league 2

#46 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:35 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 24 March 2024 - 05:18 PM, said:

Not being able to make better use of the scoreboard. The EFL do allow playbacks of in game highlights (NL don’t) - be great to see immediately a playback of the build up to, and scoring of goals.

We used to do that when we first had it I’m sure.

#47 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 25 March 2024 - 09:50 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 March 2024 - 09:35 PM, said:

We used to do that when we first had it I’m sure.

We did. I particularly recall a replay of Dan Gardner running from the halfway line and hammering the ball into the back of the net.
Per Pete Whiteley, the NL don’t allow any action to be shown.
However I recall by the time we began to wallow in the EFL, we had stopped showing them. The scoreboard became little more than a giant advertising screen. Be good to see the replays back again.

#48 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2024 - 07:25 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 25 March 2024 - 09:50 PM, said:

We did. I particularly recall a replay of Dan Gardner running from the halfway line and hammering the ball into the back of the net.
Per Pete Whiteley, the NL don’t allow any action to be shown.
However I recall by the time we began to wallow in the EFL, we had stopped showing them. The scoreboard became little more than a giant advertising screen. Be good to see the replays back again.

While we’re at it, get the PA fixed too. Sorry to bang on about it but it affects the ability to build up an atmosphere pre-match and is without question a safety issue. Virtually nothing can be heard in the South Stand.

#49 User is offline   tapton-one 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:15 AM

Absolutely nothing.

#50 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:23 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 26 March 2024 - 07:25 AM, said:

While we’re at it, get the PA fixed too. Sorry to bang on about it but it affects the ability to build up an atmosphere pre-match and is without question a safety issue. Virtually nothing can be heard in the South Stand.

Its strange as the announcements have got noticeably louder in the West Stand starting about 2 months ago. Previously on 80 mins there was a garbled barely audible message about cars not moving in the car parks whereas now its loud and clear.

#51 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2024 - 08:25 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 24 March 2024 - 05:18 PM, said:

In that respect, it would be really nice to have a second scoreboard in the opposite corner as if you sit in the East Stand you have to crane your neck to see it.

#52 User is offline   stainlessstephen 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:10 AM

Take care

Martin

Not!!!
Mainframe... Uncle Eric is helping police with their enquiries

#53 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:33 AM

View Postdtp, on 26 March 2024 - 08:25 AM, said:

In that respect, it would be really nice to have a second scoreboard in the opposite corner as if you sit in the East Stand you have to crane your neck to see it.

We can have it on the roof of one of the newly filled in corners.

View PostJonB, on 26 March 2024 - 08:23 AM, said:

Its strange as the announcements have got noticeably louder in the West Stand starting about 2 months ago. Previously on 80 mins there was a garbled barely audible message about cars not moving in the car parks whereas now its loud and clear.

It's embarrassingly poor. When you go to other 'proper' grounds you realise. Even Oldham's barely used away had big roof mounted speakers pointing towards the seats that made it all nice and audible.

#54 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2024 - 12:03 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 March 2024 - 08:23 AM, said:

Same in the east stand. Definitely louder over the last few games. Maybe they’ve cranked it up in the other 3 stands in the hope the sound travels to the south stand lol

#55 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:06 PM

View PostBluekent, on 26 March 2024 - 12:03 PM, said:

Same in the east stand. Definitely louder over the last few games. Maybe they’ve cranked it up in the other 3 stands in the hope the sound travels to the south stand lol

I've noticed that the volume is also higher in the South stand recently,but the dialogue still comes over like some mediaeval eastern european language!

#56 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2024 - 10:03 PM

What will I miss about non league?

Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.

The standard of refereeing is dreadful, really really dreadful

The administration of the league is 20 years behind. Some say it’s semi pro - I guess a throw back to sides having a mix of part and full time players and staff - the administration of the league hasn’t caught up. Truly amateur in everything they do

Sides with 800 fans employing the dark arts to extremes and getting away with it.mmmits all the stuff we used to take for granted inthe league - don’t exist in the 5th tier.

Some say it’s division 5 (or league 3) in all but name but it’s a million miles from the football league.

I’ll never forget or forgive Carson and his role inflicting this period of football on our club
A new hope.

#57 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 07:51 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 26 March 2024 - 10:03 PM, said:

What will I miss about non league?

Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all.

The standard of refereeing is dreadful, really really dreadful

The administration of the league is 20 years behind. Some say it’s semi pro - I guess a throw back to sides having a mix of part and full time players and staff - the administration of the league hasn’t caught up. Truly amateur in everything they do

Sides with 800 fans employing the dark arts to extremes and getting away with it.mmmits all the stuff we used to take for granted inthe league - don’t exist in the 5th tier.

Some say it’s division 5 (or league 3) in all but name but it’s a million miles from the football league.

I’ll never forget or forgive Carson and his role inflicting this period of football on our club

Carson deserves far more vitriol than DA in my opinion. At least he put some money up. Carson did it for thrills.

#58 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:09 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 27 March 2024 - 07:51 AM, said:

Carson deserves far more vitriol than DA in my opinion. At least he put some money up. Carson did it for thrills.

What will I miss? Nothing, diddly squat, zilch, bugga all.
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#59 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 08:10 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 27 March 2024 - 07:51 AM, said:

Carson deserves far more vitriol than DA in my opinion. At least he put some money up. ....

.... and he unearthed PC.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#60 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:38 AM

View Postdim view, on 27 March 2024 - 08:10 AM, said:

.... and he unearthed PC.

He didn't exactly need unearthing but tentative credit, yes. The same board were also responsible for Saunders, Caldwell, Allen and Sheridan (again) so they're still very much on the debit side overall. And that's not to mention the long list of assorted wasters, dossers and money pits like Guy Branston.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users