• You cannot reply to this topic

Legends Of The Spire Podcast Thread Chatting with former Spireites

#61 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2021 - 08:02 PM

View PostBlue5, on 28 March 2021 - 06:34 PM, said:

Tough competition so far but I think Alan O'Hare has been the best guest to date.

Perhaps some of these could be hosted down at the Technique in front of a live audience with food and drink as part of the offering.

That is a great idea.

Let the same lad continue doing I, he the lounges involved and give him a free ST.

But he can’t wear that jumper.

This post has been edited by DEATH: 28 March 2021 - 08:05 PM

A new hope.

#62 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:09 PM

Hey my Mum knitted that jumper!!! Ha ha!

I've really enjoyed doing these. Just really good fun and seeing the person behind the player on the pitch has been eye opening. They've all given their time because of the support they received from the fans while they were here.

If the opportunity ever comes along to do one at the club it would be great fun.

I recorded episodes with Paul Hall and Jamie Lowry last week and speaking to Drew on Tuesday so loads to come.

Cheers, Dave

#63 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2021 - 09:21 PM

Honestly Dave these have been brilliant even with that jumper!!

Better idea, it could your CFC interview version the Christmas jumper. Compulsory from now on

This post has been edited by DEATH: 28 March 2021 - 09:23 PM

A new hope.

#64 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:21 AM

View PostLegendsOfTheSpire, on 28 March 2021 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hey my Mum knitted that jumper!!! Ha ha!

I've really enjoyed doing these. Just really good fun and seeing the person behind the player on the pitch has been eye opening. They've all given their time because of the support they received from the fans while they were here.

If the opportunity ever comes along to do one at the club it would be great fun.

I recorded episodes with Paul Hall and Jamie Lowry last week and speaking to Drew on Tuesday so loads to come.

Cheers, Dave

Another one really enjoying them so far!

#65 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:30 PM

I've released a little 30min special today with Phill Walker to celebrate 40 years to the day of the Anglo-Scottish Cup final 2nd leg.
https://www.youtube....MgJPph5U&t=696s

There is then a full episode with Phill about his whole career coming out tomorrow morning (including lots of stories of Geoff Salmons tormenting Arthur Cox).

I also recorded a zoom with Drew Talbot last night so that will be out in April. Really interesting chat.

#66 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

I'm back with another episode. This week I spoke to Paul Hall about his two seasons at the club from 2005-2007.

He's a really nice bloke. Always has a smile on his face and doing great at QPR Under 23's.

It's here if you fancy watching and also on Apple/Spotify etc...
https://www.youtube....4BTr3VR8-g&t=4s

#67 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:09 PM

View PostLegendsOfTheSpire, on 31 March 2021 - 03:30 PM, said:

I've released a little 30min special today with Phill Walker to celebrate 40 years to the day of the Anglo-Scottish Cup final 2nd leg.
https://www.youtube....MgJPph5U&t=696s

There is then a full episode with Phill about his whole career coming out tomorrow morning (including lots of stories of Geoff Salmons tormenting Arthur Cox).

I also recorded a zoom with Drew Talbot last night so that will be out in April. Really interesting chat.

Attending the game at County early on the open terracing it was obvious that the club and police were treating the tie very low key. We were penned into the corner segment of the ground but as KO approached they had to keep opening added areas of their kop due to the fantastic turn out from Chesterfield. The rest as they say was a wonderful night.
God I hate this league.

#68 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

View PostDIFH, on 08 April 2021 - 12:09 PM, said:

Attending the game at County early on the open terracing it was obvious that the club and police were treating the tie very low key. We were penned into the corner segment of the ground but as KO approached they had to keep opening added areas of their kop due to the fantastic turn out from Chesterfield. The rest as they say was a wonderful night.

From a hazy memory, wasnt it Paul Gregorys debut in goal that night ?

Hoare (400)

#69 User is offline   Doctor_Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:56 PM

View PostLegendsOfTheSpire, on 08 April 2021 - 08:40 AM, said:

I'm back with another episode. This week I spoke to Paul Hall about his two seasons at the club from 2005-2007.

He's a really nice bloke. Always has a smile on his face and doing great at QPR Under 23's.

It's here if you fancy watching and also on Apple/Spotify etc...
https://www.youtube....4BTr3VR8-g&t=4s

Hi Dave,

Just watched the Paul Hall episode, another great interview - can’t believe we’re at nine episodes already:)

Hope you don’t mind me commenting as the OP, but it’s great to see your confidence and interview skills improving as per your hope during lockdown - it’s been very enjoyable to watch these and very much endorse other fans comments that these long may continue ahead of current restrictions in whichever form.

Any future players you can give a nod to you have agreed an interview with for future sessions ?

Being in NG9 ((Nottingham) I do occasionally see Sir Jack on Derby Rd, so will tastefully approach him to see if he is interested if appropriate.
When I say run, run!

#70 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:42 AM

Hi, that's for that. Really appreciated. I'm definitely more confident with it all now. The players have been great so all really easy to talk to.

I've learnt how to normalise the sound too so it should all be at a more constant level throughout the podcast now.

I've already recorded the next 4 so we have Jamie Lowry, Drew Talbot, Tony Lormor and Jamie Winter up next. I'm recording Sean O'Neill on Monday too.

If you do see Jack, or any other player, around give them a nudge from me! I'll keep doing these for as long as their are players saying yes.

#71 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:01 AM

View PostHoare (400), on 08 April 2021 - 02:28 PM, said:

From a hazy memory, wasnt it Paul Gregorys debut in goal that night ?

Hoare (400)

Yes

View PostLegendsOfTheSpire, on 10 April 2021 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hi, that's for that. Really appreciated. I'm definitely more confident with it all now. The players have been great so all really easy to talk to.

I've learnt how to normalise the sound too so it should all be at a more constant level throughout the podcast now.

I've already recorded the next 4 so we have Jamie Lowry, Drew Talbot, Tony Lormor and Jamie Winter up next. I'm recording Sean O'Neill on Monday too.

If you do see Jack, or any other player, around give them a nudge from me! I'll keep doing these for as long as their are players saying yes.

Great to hear keep up the good work

#72 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:30 AM

Just listened to the Paul Hall and O’Hare ones whilst out on the bike this morning. Really enjoyable listens! Looking forward to the others already

#73 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:46 AM

I'm back again...

This week it's Jamie Lowry being interviewed.

Lovely guy. Fond memories of cleaning the gaffers boots and changing rooms as a youth player, debut vs West Ham, the Droylsden saga and having to retire in his mid 20's. Now an Under 18 coach at Plymouth.

https://www.youtube....h?v=WxT_eCOJD00
https://linktr.ee/legendsofthespire

#74 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:04 AM

He was turning into a vital player for us at the time of his injury and it was equally as gutting for the fans as it was for him. Glad he mentioned his duo with Donal McDermott, between them on each wing we were a threat for any team at the time. A massive case of if only...for both of them.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#75 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:06 AM

Still remember the thud of him hitting the steps by the main stand against Brentford i think it was....horrible collision.

#76 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2021 - 10:14 AM

View PostBankrobber, on 15 April 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:

He was turning into a vital player for us at the time of his injury and it was equally as gutting for the fans as it was for him. Glad he mentioned his duo with Donal McDermott, between them on each wing we were a threat for any team at the time. A massive case of if only...for both of them.

it was rumoured at the time that he actually sustained his eventual career-ending injury whilst on trial with Derby, not sure how true that is.

#77 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:33 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 15 April 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

it was rumoured at the time that he actually sustained his eventual career-ending injury whilst on trial with Derby, not sure how true that is.

Untrue going by this interview, he did it (cruciate) during an 11 v 11 training match at the Cylinders (current) training ground. He heard rumours of Derby being interested but it was nothing more than that. It was a few years later he found out we turned down a bid from Crewe.

#78 User is offline   LegendsOfTheSpire 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:53 AM

I remembered all of the talk about Derby so spoke to him about it but seems it was just all rumour. There must have been a bunch of clubs looking at him during those two years under Richardson as he was great and hardly missed any games. I was amazed when he said that he went for his medical with Crewe (after being released by Sheridan) and finding out his ACL wasn't attached and he'd just been playing through it.

#79 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:41 PM

Another good one, thanks.

#80 User is offline   oohwallerwaller 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:57 PM

These have all been really insightful and I’ve enjoyed every one of them especially as it helps take my mind off the treadmill. Any chance of getting Andy Morris on? I bet he’ll have some stories to tell especially being at the club for so long.

Keep them coming!!

Share this topic:

• (35 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users