Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Derbyshire Times Latest - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Derbyshire Times Latest

#16581 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2024 - 01:30 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 March 2024 - 12:28 PM, said:

Can’t think of any benefits, can you?

Yep.
With their promotion bonus secured, it might help those not being retained to find a new club earlier than others whilst reducing our wage bill. For example, Palmer could be in demand at several NL clubs to fight their cause.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#16582 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 28 March 2024 - 01:42 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 March 2024 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yep.
With their promotion bonus secured, it might help those not being retained to find a new club earlier than others whilst reducing our wage bill. For example, Palmer could be in demand at several NL clubs to fight their cause.

Be interesting to see if Banks, King and Palmer get retained. I think all OOC. Right now nostalgia says keep them all but in the cold light of day I’d probably only keep Banks.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#16583 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:01 PM

View Posts42blue, on 28 March 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

Be interesting to see if Banks, King and Palmer get retained. I think all OOC. Right now nostalgia says keep them all but in the cold light of day I’d probably only keep Banks.

If released, they won't be without a club for to long.
Personally, I'd offer Banks another season and King and Palmer the same as cover / the roll they play now (tbh, they'd be first teamers in any other NL side).
Although I can see King wanting first team action - at times when Mandeville is making him 3rd choice, you'd probably think about moving on.
Palmer has improved over the season and been brilliant.
Banks is a bit of quality and experience we need but will be a squad player dipping in and out of the starting 11.

#16584 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:01 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 28 March 2024 - 12:37 PM, said:

Freckleton could be one name in the frame.

Yes,makes you wonder with him becoming available again certainly.

#16585 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:08 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 28 March 2024 - 12:37 PM, said:

Freckleton could be one name in the frame.

I'd wanting playing his natural roll as CB tho. Looked the business when covering for Grimes' suspension

#16586 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:09 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 March 2024 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yep.

I would suggest that even if the likes of Palmer is in demand then any interested club would only consider taking him on loan. They wouldn’t want to pay 5 months worth of wages for a similar number of games.

Last season we loaned both Dallas and McCallum. Neither ended up at our club nor re-signed for the clubs we loaned them from.

Any players we release will be contracted until 30th June and, certainly, paid until then, and I very much doubt that any of them will have difficulty in finding another club. Their basic problem is that there will not be many teams in the NL willing to pay them an equivalent wage to what they are already on. As such, it’s doubtful they would want to move at this stage for less money.

#16587 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:17 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 March 2024 - 02:09 PM, said:

I would suggest that even if the likes of Palmer is in demand then any interested club would only consider taking him on loan. They wouldn’t want to pay 5 months worth of wages for a similar number of games.

Last season we loaned both Dallas and McCallum. Neither ended up at our club nor re-signed for the clubs we loaned them from.

Any players we release will be contracted until 30th June and, certainly, paid until then, and I very much doubt that any of them will have difficulty in finding another club. Their basic problem is that there will not be many teams in the NL willing to pay them an equivalent wage to what they are already on. As such, it’s doubtful they would want to move at this stage for less money.

Well done. With a bit of application you thought of a benefit. Loan transfers.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#16588 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 02:52 PM

View Posts42blue, on 28 March 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

In the next couple of games, it would be interesting to see Jeff King play in front of Liam Mandeville for half a game. Mandy can play fullback but can King play the right side of the attacking three? Players who can play in several positions are handy, and I think if you gave Liam Mandeville a pair of gloves, he'd have a go between the sticks.
There's not much to choose between Sheckleford and King, with the former being better in defence and the latter, being good at going forward.
I'd keep the whole squad, to be honest, and if, Freckleton is one of the two names in the frame, then the other has got to be an apprentice to Mike Jones.

#16589 User is offline   ronpowellsbutler 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Irony

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:11 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 28 March 2024 - 02:52 PM, said:

In the next couple of games, it would be interesting to see Jeff King play in front of Liam Mandeville for half a game. Mandy can play fullback but can King play the right side of the attacking three? Players who can play in several positions are handy, and I think if you gave Liam Mandeville a pair of gloves, he'd have a go between the sticks.
There's not much to choose between Sheckleford and King, with the former being better in defence and the latter, being good at going forward.
I'd keep the whole squad, to be honest, and if, Freckleton is one of the two names in the frame, then the other has got to be an apprentice to Mike Jones.

Slight tangent but wasn’t it good to see Freckleton going nuts in the dressing room/tunnel ( can’t remember which ) when he is only on loan and been out of the side for ages.

#16590 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:17 PM

View Postronpowellsbutler, on 28 March 2024 - 04:11 PM, said:

Slight tangent but wasn’t it good to see Freckleton going nuts in the dressing room/tunnel ( can’t remember which ) when he is only on loan and been out of the side for ages.

He's bought into the club good style, hasn't he. I believe that he's being travelling to some of the away games too. He's the typical Paul Cook player, and I hope he's here next season, one way or another.

#16591 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:20 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 28 March 2024 - 04:17 PM, said:

He's bought into the club good style, hasn't he. I believe that he's being travelling to some of the away games too. He's the typical Paul Cook player, and I hope he's here next season, one way or another.

Webb said in the pre Oldham match press conference that Freckleton had asked to travel with the team and be at that game.

#16592 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 04:26 PM

View PostJonB, on 28 March 2024 - 04:20 PM, said:

Webb said in the pre Oldham match press conference that Freckleton had asked to travel with the team and be at that game.

Most players on loan, if I jured, tend to watch their parent club play, especially when they're receiving treatment there. He's certainly bought into CFC.

#16593 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 06:36 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 28 March 2024 - 04:17 PM, said:

Agree. He’s been iffy at times (at left back) but his performance at Watford showed there is a real player in there.

#16594 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:04 PM

View PostOsborne again, on 28 March 2024 - 04:26 PM, said:

Most players on loan, if I jured, tend to watch their parent club play, especially when they're receiving treatment there. He's certainly bought into CFC.

We certainly seemed to have had two loan players in him and Tyrer that have bought into things and given their all. A refreshing change to some of the loan tripe we’ve had.

#16595 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:11 PM

Back to the Wrexham thing briefly….fairytale story getting promotion on the back of these financial figures!!!

“Wrexham put out press release for 22/23 accounts. 🔑 figs
Revenue £10.5m (record for NL & higher than all of L2 and most of L1)
Wages £6.9m (as above)
Losses £5.1m (same)
Amount owing to owners £9m”

#16596 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:27 PM

View PostJonB, on 28 March 2024 - 08:11 PM, said:

Back to the Wrexham thing briefly….fairytale story getting promotion on the back of these financial figures!!!

“Wrexham put out press release for 22/23 accounts. 🔑 figs
Revenue £10.5m (record for NL & higher than all of L2 and most of L1)
Wages £6.9m (as above)
Losses £5.1m (same)
Amount owing to owners £9m”

Full details at Companies House.
Transfer fees paid for players on their books- £2.2M
Of the turnover, £2.5M earned from ‘Rest of the World’ - presumably the USA’s Netflix contract.

#16597 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:38 PM

View Postdim view, on 28 March 2024 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well done. With a bit of application you thought of a benefit. Loan transfers.

I didn’t say it was a benefit. You interpreted it that way.

We need to be fair to the other clubs in the NL who are still in the fight against relegation or to claim a place in the playoffs. As such, we should be playing our strongest team with a view to trying to win every game we have left.

#16598 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 March 2024 - 08:45 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 March 2024 - 08:38 PM, said:

We need to be fair to the other clubs in the NL who are still in the fight against relegation or to claim a place in the playoffs. As such, we should be playing our strongest team with a view to trying to win every game we have left.

No we don’t, we play whatever team we feel will aid our interpretation of the squad and it’s capabilities. We can play any side comprising of any of our registered players that we want.
If any team fails to either achieve a play off place or avoid relegation due to a result against us then that’s their fault over the season and nothing to do with our team selection.
East stand second class citizen.

#16599 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:11 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 March 2024 - 08:38 PM, said:

Whys it down to us to benefit other sides? We’ve done what we need to and, while we won’t, we’ve earned the right to play who we want from here on in. We don’t owe other teams anything.

#16600 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 28 March 2024 - 09:24 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 28 March 2024 - 08:45 PM, said:

No we don’t, we play whatever team we feel will aid our interpretation of the squad and it’s capabilities. We can play any side comprising of any of our registered players that we want.
If any team fails to either achieve a play off place or avoid relegation due to a result against us then that’s their fault over the season and nothing to do with our team selection.

100%. I do not understand this malarkey about being fair to other teams. It’s about us, not them. If we feel that it benefits us to start Hobson or Curtis with Boot in net for the rest of season then that’s what we do. I could not disagree more with the notion that we owe any of the teams in this leagues a bean, the mere suggestion annoys me.

Share this topic:

• (835 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users