• You cannot reply to this topic

Cashless Society Warning Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 March 2024 - 12:08 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 18 March 2024 - 08:40 AM, said:

You have a very bad opinion of people if you think they are all trying to dodge tax

So why else are they cash only? Its always tends to be the same businesses that are cash only. You been in a turkish barbers or a chinese takeaway that takes card payments?

#22 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 March 2024 - 12:34 PM

View PostHolmesc1, on 18 March 2024 - 12:08 PM, said:

So why else are they cash only? Its always tends to be the same businesses that are cash only. You been in a turkish barbers or a chinese takeaway that takes card payments?

Jesus

#23 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 18 March 2024 - 12:45 PM

isleaiw1 said:

1710715016[/url]' post='1811404']
No I quoted your job because i was wondering what a security guard knows about the workings of the banking system, its a relevant fact. Maybe the tirade that follows says more about you than me. I also did a paper on what going cashless would mean for our business so think I speak with some knowledge...

Why wouldn’t a security guard know about the workings of the banking system? People from all walks of life use banks regardless how much money they earn and don’t assume that people who earn less than you have less intelligence than you especially when you’re coming across as less intelligent than all all of us if you actually believe that your job title is relevant and that you can actually pull rank on a local (to most of us, not you) football message board.

You’ve summed yourself in by telling us ‘you did a paper on what going cashless would mean to our business so I think I speak with some knowledge’. So what you’re saying is that you and your business will be better off cashless without any consideration to the rest of us, a very selfish attitude but an unsurprising one by an obvious member of the metropolitan elite faction of society whose more than likely already got one foot in his retirement home in Surrey.
Let me in!

#24 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2024 - 01:35 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 18 March 2024 - 08:22 AM, said:

Tesco seemed to be working fine with contactless etc. Sainsburys scan and shop and contacless was out but chip and pin was working. No issues with cash payments obviously - but also no issues with non-cash payments

It wouldn't matter if the system did go down fully, a chip & pin card machine would still be able to take your card details and then just process the transaction once the system was up and running again, thousands of transactions are done in this way everyday.

The only risk is to the vendor is you not having the cleared funds in your account, I would imagine the value of the failed transaction dictates whether they pursue the payment or not.

#25 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2024 - 02:13 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 18 March 2024 - 12:45 PM, said:

Why wouldn’t a security guard know about the workings of the banking system? People from all walks of life use banks regardless how much money they earn and don’t assume that people who earn less than you have less intelligence than you especially when you’re coming across as less intelligent than all all of us if you actually believe that your job title is relevant and that you can actually pull rank on a local (to most of us, not you) football message board.

You’ve summed yourself in by telling us ‘you did a paper on what going cashless would mean to our business so I think I speak with some knowledge’. So what you’re saying is that you and your business will be better off cashless without any consideration to the rest of us, a very selfish attitude but an unsurprising one by an obvious member of the metropolitan elite faction of society whose more than likely already got one foot in his retirement home in Surrey.

Ok, what is the cost of taking cash? and the equivalent for taking cards? please enlighten me with facts not opinions....

Yep, we trialled it, we saw what impact was on us, and we included a question in all surveys of customers to see what they thought. As funnily enough being a customer facing business, we tend to not do very well if they are not happy...

Metropolitan elite... I live in Herts equivalent of Bowsa!

You dish out insults when all I wants is some facts to back up your comments. Floor is yours, fire away.... By the way, I can answer those questions but wont on here - but our decision was based on information not some outdated opinion...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#26 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 20 March 2024 - 09:20 AM

Greggs has gone down now, stores are even closing for the day, deary me, the worlds going mad, what’s wrong with using readies ffs.
Let me in!

#27 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 20 March 2024 - 10:06 AM

If the tills have gone then they cant do cash either as they cant ring it through.....

#28 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 20 March 2024 - 10:52 AM

JonB said:

1710929186[/url]' post='1812019']
If the tills have gone then they cant do cash either as they cant ring it through.....

Greggs still accepting cash but only at the stores that are remaining open, others have temporary closed signs on the doors. A sign of things to come I’m afraid. My advice to people would be draw money out of the cashpoints and use it as much as possible, at the very least keep some paper currency on your person in case of emergencies. This has happened to 5 major companies in the last few days and it’s not a coincidence either, it’s a warning of what’s to come if society goes 100% cashless.
Let me in!

#29 User is online   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2024 - 12:22 PM

View PostJonB, on 20 March 2024 - 10:06 AM, said:

well they could but the company may not see much of it and stock control would be out of the window...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#30 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 20 March 2024 - 12:40 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 20 March 2024 - 10:52 AM, said:

Greggs still accepting cash but only at the stores that are remaining open, others have temporary closed signs on the doors. A sign of things to come I'm afraid. My advice to people would be draw money out of the cashpoints and use it as much as possible, at the very least keep some paper currency on your person in case of emergencies. This has happened to 5 major companies in the last few days and it's not a coincidence either, it's a warning of what's to come if society goes 100% cashless.

If it means the likes of you stay indoors, then bring it on!
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#31 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2024 - 01:14 PM

Greggs tills going down is hardly a reason to panic and stash a load of cash under the floor boards. Just use another bakery

#32 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 20 March 2024 - 01:28 PM

Holmesc1 said:

1710940472[/url]' post='1812152']
Greggs tills going down is hardly a reason to panic and stash a load of cash under the floor boards. Just use another bakery

Personally i don’t eat much from Greggs, not a huge fan of pastry tbh, occasionally have a slice of pizza when they’ve just come out of the oven and a Latte. I just had my lunch at Tupton Fish Bar, large haddock and regular chips, very tasty indeed, I complimented them on their fine food and also complimented the sign they proudly display in their chippy; ‘Cash preferred but card accepted’, a very sensible way for small businesses to operate these days. I also notice some common sense is being displayed at the football stadium this evening with the clubs raffle, £5 a ticket to be paid in cash.
Let me in!

#33 User is offline   Holmesc1 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2024 - 07:41 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 20 March 2024 - 01:28 PM, said:

Personally i don’t eat much from Greggs, not a huge fan of pastry tbh, occasionally have a slice of pizza when they’ve just come out of the oven and a Latte. I just had my lunch at Tupton Fish Bar, large haddock and regular chips, very tasty indeed, I complimented them on their fine food and also complimented the sign they proudly display in their chippy; ‘Cash preferred but card accepted’, a very sensible way for small businesses to operate these days. I also notice some common sense is being displayed at the football stadium this evening with the clubs raffle, £5 a ticket to be paid in cash.

If folk want to pay cash fine but businesses been cash only these days really makes me suspicious and its a pain in the arce

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users