Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wilder V Fury 2

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:55 PM

Looking forward to this fight and like many the predictions will be either Wilder win by KO or Fury points but I'm taking TF at his word for his approach to the fight and I'll go for a Fury win inside 6!
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:21 AM

What a Bunkum time to start for us. I'll set an alarm and wake up to see if I can find a watchable stream online though.

I hope Fury wins of course and don't see it going the distance this time.

#3 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Wilder to win by stoppage from round 8 onwards

View PostMr Mercury, on 20 February 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

Looking forward to this fight and like many the predictions will be either Wilder win by KO or Fury points but I'm taking TF at his word for his approach to the fight and I'll go for a Fury win inside 6!

Fury doesn't have the power to stop Wilder.

#4 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 20 February 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

Got a free £1 bet on Ladbrokes, this is 7/1 so I've used that. I have no idea about boxing although I've seen Wilder on WAGS Atlanta lol

#5 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:01 PM

I've had a small bet at 2/1 on Fury to win by decision or technical decision.

On reflection and reading those who know more it seems the way to go.

#6 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

Well done Tyson. Don't know why so many were betting against him, Wilder couldn't put him away last time when he'd only had a couple of warm up bouts and was far more out of shape than he was this time so he had no chance against an in shape and fully prepared Fury.

Hearn can no longer protect his cash cow, he's gonna have to let the Joshua-Fury fight happen now. If he ducks him he loses all his credibility.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#7 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 23 February 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

Well done Tyson. Don't know why so many were betting against him, Wilder couldn't put him away last time when he'd only had a couple of warm up bouts and was far more out of shape than he was this time so he had no chance against an in shape and fully prepared Fury.

Hearn can no longer protect his cash cow, he's gonna have to let the Joshua-Fury fight happen now. If he ducks him he loses all his credibility.

TBH I don't think Joshua has ever ducked anybody and I can still see Fury trying to push for a third Wilder fight.

#8 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:40 AM

View PostRodney, on 22 February 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

Wilder to win by stoppage from round 8 onwards

Fury doesn't have the power to stop Wilder.

Wilder has always been a one trick pony who's survived so long because his opponents have been hand picked for him and he possess one hell of a swinging right. His camp thought the first Fury fight would be a breeze but he got found out badly and to keep credibiiity he had to have the rematch, and this time it showed that he's not World Class at all. Will he have the third fight? I'm not sure he will after that beating.

#9 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

Fury was incredible last night, come a seriously long way in and outside of the ring in recent years and completely outboxed one of the greatest ever.

Not too fussed about a 3rd fight, I’d like to see AJ jump in the ring with him and unify the belts.

Winner would have to fight Whyte as I think he’d be the mandatory challenger. After that fight I’d reckon Fury will retire regardless

#10 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:23 PM

View PostCFC91, on 23 February 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

Fury was incredible last night, come a seriously long way in and outside of the ring in recent years and completely outboxed one of the greatest ever.

Not too fussed about a 3rd fight, I’d like to see AJ jump in the ring with him and unify the belts.

Winner would have to fight Whyte as I think he’d be the mandatory challenger. After that fight I’d reckon Fury will retire regardless

Fury was outstanding but Wilder "one of the greatest ever"?..not a chance. Not taking anything away from Fury because he could probably do the same to all of them out there but Wilder has been champ for so long by being shielded from anyone truely World Class.

#11 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:38 PM

Fury would eat AJ alive wouldn’t he?
JRID

#12 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:29 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 23 February 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

Fury would eat AJ alive wouldn’t he?

Most definitely
AJ’s glass jaw and all.....

View PostCFC91, on 23 February 2020 - 01:10 PM, said:

One of greatest ever 😳🤔

#13 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:33 PM

AJ certainly hasn't got a glass jaw, got tagged a cpl of times v Dillian Whyte and didn't go down, got put down by a bomb from Klitscho and got up to win. He was tagged on top of the head v Ruiz and never recovered from the stunning the blow gave him, certainly not glassed jawed.

#14 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:03 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 February 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

Fury was outstanding but Wilder "one of the greatest ever"?..not a chance. Not taking anything away from Fury because he could probably do the same to all of them out there but Wilder has been champ for so long by being shielded from anyone truely World Class.

Based purely on his record you'd look at him as statistically one of the best ever 43-42-41 KO. Think you'll struggle to find many better in any division than that.

#15 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:05 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 23 February 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

Most definitely
AJ’s glass jaw and all.....

One of greatest ever 😳🤔

Find me an example of many with a better record? Until this weekend.

Think the only fight he's lost prior to this was at the Olympics in 2008.

I'm not even a fan, infact I think he's a bellend but his record can't be argued with.

#16 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:38 AM

View PostCFC91, on 24 February 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

I'm not even a fan, infact I think he's a bellend but his record can't be argued with.

better record is a bit of a red herring.
hes got a better record than ali but which is the better fighter?
id wager if the experts put together a list of greatest heavyweights ever wilder would be lucky to get a mention.

#17 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

View PostCFC91, on 24 February 2020 - 11:05 AM, said:

In terms of wins and KOs I agree but the quality of opponent just isn't there to make that record as credible as it seems. Don't get me wrong all any sports team or person can do is beat what's put in front of them and Wilder did that with ease, but Boxing is one of the few sports were you can quite literally cherry pick an opponent. AJ and Whyte have been chasing him for a couple of years, he even avoided Klitscho at all costs, only taking the Fury fight because his team thought he was a shot fighter. For me his only other fights with anyone half decent were the two fights with an aging Ortiz who himself gave Wilder a boxing lesson until that phenomenal punch he has stopped him. But that's all he had, take that away from him like Fury did, especially in the second fight, take the fight to him rather than retreating and he was quite literally clueless, as were his corner, in what to do.

#18 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 23 February 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

As an aside to this where has Hearn ever "protected his cash cow?"
From what I can see AJ has always fought anyone who wanted the fight, Klitscho, Whyte and Parker are prime examples, he'd even agreed to go to the USA to fight the extremely dangerous Big Baby Miller, more dangerous than they would have ever been supposed to know given his steroid abuse, at his "home" venue, Maddison SG, until his failed drug test. Then when late stand in Ruiz shocked and stunned him in the hastlily arranged changed opponent fight, rather than take a break and a couple of warm up fights, which many experts were encouraging him to do, he got straight back into the ring with Ruiz knowing another loss would have at the best put him a cpl of years back both in terms of the pecking order in the rankings and a huge drop in purse potential, or even forced a retirement.
Also In the many interviews I saw with Hearn and Finkle giving their side of the story re an AJ Wilder fight I always got the impression that Hearn was the one telling the truth. Indeed Wilder himself, or rather his "people", avoided the dangerous Whyte, even though he'd been the WBC mandatory challenger for ages. The WBC being more keen to protect their heaveyweight asset in Wilder, rather than making the top, top fights. The Wilder camp were quite happy fighting lower ranked "picks" for a cpl of million dollars rather than make the super fights for three or four times that amount. Like I've said in other posts they misjudged Fury and his recovery badly, and were left with no option than to take the rematch, and Wilder didn't look up for it from the word go.
Love him or hate him Hearn knows that the only way to cement a boxing legacy is to have the defining fights and to take on the very best in your division, that's where the real glory and the dream financial purses really are. The super fights are where he, and his fighters, make the Boxing World stand up.
Of course every fight can't be a "Super" fight and all fighters will sometimes have a warm up or warm down fight prior to or after a super fight, also each boxing body want their mandatory challenger to have a pop, which throws more confusion into the melting pot, but Hearn strikes me as someone who wants the massive fights to happen in terms of profit, legacy and for the benefit of the boxing fans.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 24 February 2020 - 01:03 PM

#19 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2020 - 03:18 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 24 February 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

better record is a bit of a red herring.
hes got a better record than ali but which is the better fighter?
id wager if the experts put together a list of greatest heavyweights ever wilder would be lucky to get a mention.

You and M are right obviously, record can be misleading as you can only beat what’s in front of you but in 20 years people will look back in specific records and see him as one of the best of this generation.

#20 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:44 AM

Looking like Wilder has triggered the rematch clause which assuming Fury wins again and AJ beats Pulev the Fury AJ fight will be towards the end of the year which almost certainly means it would take place in the Middle East.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users