https://www.youtube....h?v=UBH7ZvOXeF4

#182 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:04 AM

View Postpaulwardle, on 29 March 2024 - 05:10 PM, said:

Banks, King, Oldaker all not up to it.

We should have won this in first half. Players looked tired in 2nd and little urgency.

We are playing some very slow deliberate football with little cutting edge.

That’s a contradiction? Our cutting edge delivered 4 golden chances and an obvious penalty and additionally made their keeper make 5 decent saves. I’d say possession football (has to be slow and deliberate - watch City) delivered a cutting edge yesterday. And 100+ goals this season.

#183 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:07 AM

If anyone is worried about our defence I’d encourage you to take a look at the two county conceded yesterday

Then once you’ve stopped laughing have a look at the 3 they gifted Shrewsbury further down the feed

https://x.com/wpioot...eZHpnSvFYBc4dMA
Up the Blues

#184 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:10 AM

View PostBenno Spire, on 29 March 2024 - 07:59 PM, said:

Am I disappointed with the result, yes, am I disappointed with the performance overall no. As others have said, we missed a number of really good chances and the ref who had a fair game missed the clear penalty, they got lucky today with 2 goals we gifted them. The remaining games I’m sure are being watched by Cook with a view to who he moves on and who he sees can do a job for us next season, after seeing after the game that both Oldham and Mansfield lost helped to put a smile back on my face and remind me we are already promoted as champions and job done.

Ian if you don't have a teamsheet from yesterday I have a spare one you can gladly have

#185 User is online   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:10 AM

View PostDMU Blue, on 30 March 2024 - 09:07 AM, said:

If anyone is worried about our defence I’d encourage you to take a look at the two county conceded yesterday

Then once you’ve stopped laughing have a look at the 3 they gifted Shrewsbury further down the feed

https://x.com/wpioot...eZHpnSvFYBc4dMA

That’s why they are on relegation form
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#186 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:34 AM

I think giving King a run in the team is a fair way of giving him a chance to earn a new deal next year but it does feel like everytime he plays he puts another nail in his own coffin. Once you notice how many times he gives possession away you can’t un notice it. Also think he is the least fit out of all the players.

Was interesting hear Dyer talk in the podcast about him saying he’s had a good season just feels poor in comparison to last year where he had over 20 Goals/Assists from RB.

Going to be an interesting one. Personally think King Palmer and Banks all get released otherwise deals would have been done by now.

What’s everyone’s thoughts??

#187 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:42 AM

View PostRogerwillis, on 30 March 2024 - 09:34 AM, said:

I think giving King a run in the team is a fair way of giving him a chance to earn a new deal next year but it does feel like everytime he plays he puts another nail in his own coffin. Once you notice how many times he gives possession away you can’t un notice it. Also think he is the least fit out of all the players.

Was interesting hear Dyer talk in the podcast about him saying he’s had a good season just feels poor in comparison to last year where he had over 20 Goals/Assists from RB.

Going to be an interesting one. Personally think King Palmer and Banks all get released otherwise deals would have been done by now.

I thought last week against BW he was playing with caution and looked a little low on confidence. He didn’t bomb forward like last season and didn’t run into areas to create width for the team. Defensively he was actually ok, but you always have the nagging feeling there’s a mistake in him.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a NL club next season.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#188 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:53 AM

View PostRogerwillis, on 30 March 2024 - 09:34 AM, said:

The main argument fo not giving those three a contract is that we have given others a contract already. Sign any of them and we start losing headroom when it comes to improving our squad.

We’ll need 21/22 outfield players next season so we still have room to strengthen but sign 2 or 3 of them and we are boxing our self in. Probably they’ll be unlucky not to get a contract compared to some others who have one.

#189 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:57 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 30 March 2024 - 09:42 AM, said:

I thought last week against BW he was playing with caution and looked a little low on confidence. He didn’t bomb forward like last season and didn’t run into areas to create width for the team. Defensively he was actually ok, but you always have the nagging feeling there’s a mistake in him.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a NL club next season.

Him and Horton bombing forwards are part of our defensive problems so perhaps he was under instructions although that didn’t apply yesterday. It is been hinted at we’ll be playing a more pragmatic game next season, another thing that might work against him.

#190 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:08 AM

We should be able to lose the ball without looking like conceding every time, looking forward to seeing how we solve the problem next season.

View Postazul, on 29 March 2024 - 08:02 PM, said:

No no no

Nobody seems to have confirmed it so I’m questioning myself now 😂 I wasn’t paying that much attention but sure that’s what was said

#191 User is offline   SpireiteStan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:20 AM

Waller is my hero, on 29 March 2024 - 07:31 PM, said:

Honestly some of our fans are a real embarrassment to the club…some ‘bloke’ at the match today was totally slagging off the players & someone said…mate, we’ve become Champions enjoy it! …..well this ‘bloke’ decided to threaten the said person & said he’d break his nose…plus all the profanities.

I wish he’d had said it to me & tried his threat….because he would have ended up looking embarrassed.

Then you see all totally OTT and embarrassing comments on here….get a frigging grip.

We played well today, we defeated ourselves..end of….

That was me lol. Kept quiet as long as I could but he said he'd not seen us play well since Barnet, so I simply asked was he not there last week. Told me he wasn't because he'd been to Halifax and it was that bad that he didn't bother with Boreham Wood. I said that was the issue and the threats ensued...

Apparently I needed to show more respect, like he was so clearly showing the players

#192 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:27 AM

View PostSpireiteStan, on 30 March 2024 - 10:20 AM, said:

That was me lol. Kept quiet as long as I could but he said he'd not seen us play well since Barnet, so I simply asked was he not there last week. Told me he wasn't because he'd been to Halifax and it was that bad that he didn't bother with Boreham Wood. I said that was the issue and the threats ensued...

Apparently I needed to show more respect, like he was so clearly showing the players

Stuff him, the idiot 🤣.

#193 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:37 AM

Personally would prefer to keep Banks rather than Oldaker even if he is older. I know that’s not going to happen.

#194 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:49 AM

Most got a 6 rating shows how bad it was ,if we lose we lose but 2500 expected ABIT of effort

#195 User is online   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:50 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 30 March 2024 - 10:37 AM, said:

Personally would prefer to keep Banks rather than Oldaker even if he is older. I know that’s not going to happen.

It’s not out of the question. Cook isn’t scared of putting players on the transfer list he’s proven that before. I’d keep Banks as well but I don’t think it’s a choice between him or Oldaker, they play in different positions. I think we’re almost certain to be seeing another holding midfielder come in during the summer which takes us up to our two players for every position. In an ideal world it’ll be Naylor and a new player with Oldaker and Jones as cover which should be fine.

#196 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:03 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 30 March 2024 - 09:01 AM, said:

Highlights up at York’s site
https://www.youtube....h?v=UBH7ZvOXeF4

Having seen the highlights we should have been out of sight by half time. How Berry alone didn’t bag a brace was incredible.

#197 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:48 AM

Listen to Dyers interview pretty much said they play with 3 defending and 7 attacking this year whereas typically teams play with 5 and 5 he said next year it will be a different balance

#198 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:54 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 30 March 2024 - 10:49 AM, said:

Most got a 6 rating shows how bad it was ,if we lose we lose but 2500 expected ABIT of effort

Well it wasn’t bad, was you there? We played & had our chances…completely pressed them in for last 20 minutes & they defended with their lives
People just overreacted as always

#199 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:04 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 30 March 2024 - 09:04 AM, said:

That’s a contradiction? Our cutting edge delivered 4 golden chances and an obvious penalty and additionally made their keeper make 5 decent saves. I’d say possession football (has to be slow and deliberate - watch City) delivered a cutting edge yesterday. And 100+ goals this season.

I’m referring more to the 2nd half especially when we let them back in the game. York were a poor side.

#200 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:05 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 30 March 2024 - 10:49 AM, said:

There was plenty of effort and pressing first half - obviously all the hard work they put in last weekend’s bender took its toll late on. Most people seemed to think it was all hilarious at the time.

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users