• You cannot reply to this topic

Season Tickets

#61 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:57 AM

View Postfishini, on 29 March 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

She was but she has never mentioned her pension as being anything other than a normal pension

you can opt out of the nhs pension but if she didn't and had a good few years there it will make a good wedge but you do pay in a lot

#62 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

View Postnewboldsteve, on 29 March 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

you can opt out of the nhs pension but if she didn't and had a good few years there it will make a good wedge but you do pay in a lot

If anyone has ever been told to opt of of the NHS pension scheme by a financial adviser, they need to get hold of a decent lawyer.

#63 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:16 AM

View Postfishini, on 28 March 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

Just like you will when you are their age. If you were not so dumb and uneducated you could earn a proper wage and not be so jealous of people are smarter than you

Prick, you know nothing about me my education. .or my wage ......

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 29 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#64 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

60s 70s Spireite said:

1427612212[/url]' post='1097201']
Heard that also. Strange when at the the open meeting we were told 'no changes are planned'

Perhaps CT forgot to tell us And heard many not renewing next season

#65 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:32 AM

View Postfishini, on 29 March 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

She was but she has never mentioned her pension as being anything other than a normal pension

it is a final salary scheme and i get mine in 3 years , 9 months and 28 days !

they keep changing it though , i'm in the 1995 ( original )scheme and you had a " final option " in 2007 to change to the new scheme which meant working a lot longer or stay in the 1995 scheme and they also put the contributions up , now there has been another " final change " , not optional this time , everyone within 15 years of their " normal " pension age has to change onto the new scheme and work up to 67 . nurses were " special classes " and could claim their nhs pension at 55 so being around that i am ok !

the 1995 scheme is worked out on 80ths , i will have had 40 years of full time contributions by then ( 33.5 years service and 6.5year aditional contributions ( which were more than the original pension contributions until recently ) so i will get 40/80ths of the best of my last 3 years salary , index linked , as a pension and 3 years pension lump sum .

sorry to ramble on fish but the changes are quite complicated , my wife is also in the 1995 scheme too so we should be ok .

#66 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

View Postfishini, on 28 March 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Complete rubbish. How do work out they bought their house for next to nothing? I bought my house for £3750 when I was on £15/week now go to today say my wage is £450/week thats a 30x increase that now makes the same house now £112500 assuming houses increased at the Same rate as wages which of course they didn't they rose by much more. Not many have final salary pensions. So my advice to you is try talking sense for once

If the value of your house has risen by more than the value of your wages, then how can you argue that you haven't got a bargain?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#67 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

View Postfishini, on 28 March 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

Just like you will when you are their age. If you were not so dumb and uneducated you could earn a proper wage and not be so jealous of people are smarter than you

that's just unpleasant fish
A new hope.

#68 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

View Postdim view, on 29 March 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

If the value of your house has risen by more than the value of your wages, then how can you argue that you haven't got a bargain?.

:lol:
A new hope.

#69 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 29 March 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

You think? Not me who begrudges oap 's their discount not me who said they get more money than he does. By his own words he gets little money so then you then you ask why. I have no problems with oaps he does it seems
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#70 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

View Postfishini, on 29 March 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

You think? Not me who begrudges oap 's their discount not me who said they get more money than he does. By his own words he gets little money so then you then you ask why. I have no problems with oaps he does it seems

For someone with a disabled child ....you really are a bitter and twisted idiot ....you really should be more tollerant and compassionate towards folk....or do you believe you are owed cos of that situation....i earn a very good wage btw....have a house fully paid for btw....have no debt ....btw and my kids have everything they ask for.....and have worked hard for it......

But also believe being a pensioner these days is not the great hardship it once was...most have very good pensions to top up their state pension....etc...

And there are more younger folk more deserving of a discount on that basis

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 29 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

#71 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:26 PM

View Postfishini, on 29 March 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

calling him dumb and not as bright as yourself is just arrogant
A new hope.

#72 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 29 March 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

For someone with a disabled child ....you really are a bitter and twisted idiot ....you really should be more tollerant and compassionate towards folk....or do you believe you are owed cos of that situation....i earn a very good wage btw....have a house fully paid for btw....have no debt ....btw and my kids have everything they ask for.....and have worked hard for it......

But also believe being a pensioner these days is not the great hardship it once was...most have very good pensions to top up their state pension....etc...

having paid into the exchequer for 50 odd years, the pensioners are entitled to every penny they get

A new hope.

#73 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

None of that is particularly contentious. If it's about giving people cheaper tickets 'cos they may not be able to afford it otherwise, why not extend discounts to those on benefits etc etc?

#74 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 29 March 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

I can't believe I just read that. Fishi is a model of restraint compared to some of the stuff you've called me over the years. In both cases it simply reflects on the poster and illustrates your inability to put together a reasonable argument, which is presumably why the Mods let it go.

#75 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 29 March 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

having paid into the exchequer for 50 odd years, the pensioners are entitled to every penny they get

Rock on............
God I hate this league.

#76 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 29 March 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

None of that is particularly contentious. If it's about giving people cheaper tickets 'cos they may not be able to afford it otherwise, why not extend discounts to those on benefits etc etc?

Once upon a time you could get in at saltergate for a fiver on production of a ub40... ( a dole signing on card....not a rot in the kitchen single lol)....why can't something along these lines be done now...a set amount of tickets sold on 1st come basis on production of proof of income support ( or whatever its called these days) not all folk on benefits are there cos they choose to be.

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 29 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

#77 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

You're almost right, and I'm speaking as a pensioner. The problem is that you can't generalise about a group as diverse as pensioners. Some are rolling in it, with nicely index-linked public service pensions, others are struggling with something much less advantageous, some are on the breadline and some made their own arrangements and are now struggling or coasting. So do you apply a means-test to anybody wanting a cheap season ticket? Can't work can it - so a general rule has to apply, which is about as fair as we can get in an imperfect world.
But to portray all pensioners as poor and needing hand-outs is way off the mark.

#78 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

View Posth again, on 29 March 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

I can't believe I just read that. Fishi is a model of restraint compared to some of the stuff you've called me over the years. In both cases it simply reflects on the poster and illustrates your inability to put together a reasonable argument, which is presumably why the Mods let it go.

happy birthday
A new hope.

#79 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 29 March 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Once upon a time you could get in at saltergate for a fiver on production of a ub40... ( a dole signing on card....not a rot in the kitchen single lol)....why can't something along these lines be done now...a set amount of tickets sold on 1st come basis on production of proof of income support ( or whatever its called these days) not all folk on benefits are there cos they choose to be.

And perhaps to even it out well off pensioners could pay full price? ;)

#80 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 28 March 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

concessions are 16-18 and over 65's

Thank you for confirming that. I'd seen the Concession listed but no description of what it covered.

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users