• You cannot reply to this topic

The CFSS shares.

#21 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Sep 14 2009, 12:29 PM, said:

...some CFSS board members have already stated they wish to be employed by the new venture.

I thought this misapprehension had been knocked on the head months ago? The only one I can remember was Pete saying that he'd have a job there, if the job matched the pay and conditions of his current one. He was obviously joking, and I think almost everyone appreciated that. Were there others?

The money would have been better spent supporting Football in the Community.

From Pete's answer above:
"...there will be offices for CFC Community Trust..."
CFC Community Trust is, I understand, the new name for the old "Football in the Community" scheme, so it would appear that money is being used to support the Football in the Community programme.

It's just like when CFSS could have financed a loan player for a couple of months but they decided to buy a program instead.

You'd have given the money to Rico; rather than do that, I'd sooner have had the programme. Each to his own. :unsure:

This post has been edited by Stuart Basson: 14 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

View PostStuart Basson, on Sep 14 2009, 06:03 PM, said:

I thought this misapprehension had been knocked on the head months ago? The only one I can remember was Pete saying that he'd have a job there, if the job matched the pay and conditions of his current one. He was obviously joking, and I think almost everyone appreciated that. Were there others?

Yeah right oh.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#23 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 14 2009, 12:11 PM, said:

Well actually i posed a question, 'D', but here's how i see it.

In his interview of last January, BH clearly states that community facilities will be included in the build (it's actually in response to a question about the project being any cheaper due to the credit crunch, to which Hubbard replies that though it'll be no cheaper, we'll get more for our money including the facilities in question).

However only five months later the CFSS members were being asked to sell their shares to DA, and the money raised would go to fund .....the inclusion of community facilities at the new ground.

Now maybe i'm missing something here, but am i the only one that wonders why the fans' society were asked to relinquish any vestige if influence they may've retained in exchange for something that, according to the Chairman, was being built anyway?

At the meeting at the olde house whenever it was, a year or so ago, BH came out and said that he didn't feel CFSS were involved enough with the cluband the new stadium, and he thought that if they "contributed" to the new stadium by us having community facilities there it would show that they are involved. Not sure if that offers much to you theory but it's something that i remember regarding the CFSS shares and the building of the stadium. He felt it would be good if the CFSS was inolved with the new stadium and this was the way he thought it could be possible.

#24 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Sep 14 2009, 06:20 PM, said:

Yeah right oh.

Were there others?
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Sep 14 2009, 06:20 PM, said:

Yeah right oh.

For all I consider my self to be an underpaid Civil Servant I do value my terms and conditions. Because I undertake a role with an unsociable time-table I have the flexibility to take two hour lunches to cover meetings at the Club and can take afternoons or whole days off at short notice when things need doing like the recent launch. Equally importantly I can, within reason, flex-off to take community calls or emails. Luckily Crooty, being self-employed, can spend even more time neglecting his day job!

Rather than positioning for a job I recognise that very shortly full-time officers have to be undertaking this work.
Peter Whiteley

#26 Guest_MP-Spire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Sep 14 2009, 10:37 PM, said:

For all I consider my self to be an underpaid Civil Servant I do value my terms and conditions. Because I undertake a role with an unsociable time-table I have the flexibility to take two hour lunches to cover meetings at the Club and can take afternoons or whole days off at short notice when things need doing like the recent launch. Equally importantly I can, within reason, flex-off to take community calls or emails. Luckily Crooty, being self-employed, can spend even more time neglecting his day job!

Rather than positioning for a job I recognise that very shortly full-time officers have to be undertaking this work.

Hey, you don't have to justify yourself.

#27 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Sep 14 2009, 12:29 PM, said:

This was very devious of CFSS especially when you consider that some CFSS board members have already stated they wish to be employed by the new venture.

I'd be more concerned about those already employed by the Club that sit at the CFSS table, happy to run with the hares and hunt with the hounds, proper turncoats. In fact, I hope the loyalty of one CFSS Board member has been questioned officially.

#28 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Sep 13 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

So, would it be fair to say that the CFSS members have, infact, voted to sell their shares to aquire something they were due to recieve anyway?

I think Barrie realised that the Community Stand was viable when I introduced him to one provider who was offering a substantial six-figure sum. From that point there was a commitment to the Community Project.

There was then the question of whether the facilities would be included as part of the build or whether we would be allowed to raise funds within a set timescale to realise the build.

The financial position allowed the East Stand build to be underwritten. However there was not quite enough enough share-capital left to allow the new owner the holding he required. He agreed to buy the CFSS holding in exchange for a commitment to the Community Project and continuing fan representation on the CFC Board. The CFSS Board thought this a good deal particularly as Mr Allen was in a position where he could demand any concessions he wanted.
Peter Whiteley

#29 User is offline   Spireite61 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

View Postdalekpete, on Sep 14 2009, 11:06 PM, said:

He agreed to buy the CFSS holding in exchange for a commitment to the Community Project and continuing fan representation on the CFC Board. The CFSS Board thought this a good deal particularly as Mr Allen was in a position where he could demand any concessions he wanted.

What are the plans of CFSS for making their position on the board a meaningful one? Up to now there has been little or no interactment with the wider fan base to see what issues they have to be fed back to the board, similarly the role has not worked the other way either.

If having a supporters rep on the board is to mean anything then there has to be a structure in place so that person is visible to the fans and seen to be their representative. In all respect to the current holder of the post I dont think this has been the case so far - if a fan had anything they wanted to raise how would they do it etc. How is the holder of the post mandated to vote at board meetings? As they feel at the time, as the CFSS board directs them to? An example would be the position of Richardson as manager, it was clear that Mr Croot was a supporter and therefore would probably agree to him staying in post, however this would have been against the wishes of the majority of fans he claimed to represent.

This post has been edited by Spireite61: 15 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

#30 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

View PostSpireite61, on Sep 15 2009, 08:43 AM, said:

What are the plans of CFSS for making their position on the board a meaningful one?

There are proposals at present to look afresh at the supporters organisations at the Club; this might change the way a fans' rep is regarded.

it was clear that Mr Croot was a supporter and therefore would probably agree to him staying in post.

That was never clear to me and probably wasn't to the CFC Board. :wub:
Peter Whiteley

#31 Guest_Mark Jones_*

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

What are the plans of CFSS for making their position on the board a meaningful one? Up to now there has been little or no interactment with the wider fan base to see what issues they have to be fed back to the board, similarly the role has not worked the other way either.

If having a supporters rep on the board is to mean anything then there has to be a structure in place so that person is visible to the fans and seen to be their representative. In all respect to the current holder of the post I dont think this has been the case so far - if a fan had anything they wanted to raise how would they do it etc. How is the holder of the post mandated to vote at board meetings? As they feel at the time, as the CFSS board directs them to? An example would be the position of Richardson as manager, it was clear that Mr Croot was a supporter and therefore would probably agree to him staying in post, however this would have been against the wishes of the majority of fans he claimed to represent.

But surely John Croot was voted in as chairman by the members of CFSS? He was voted on because the members decided he was the right man to make decisions on their behalf. I also think its not right to say John Croot represents the fans of CFC, he doesn't, he represents members of CFSS. Not all Chesterfield fans are members of CFSS so why fans who are not members of CFSS get wound up over what John does or does't do baffles me.

I am no longer a member of CFSS, when I relinquished my membership I also relinquished my say in what they do.

#32 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:11 AM

An example would be the position of Richardson as manager, it was clear that Mr Croot was a supporter and therefore would probably agree to him staying in post, however this would have been against the wishes of the majority of fans he claimed to represent.

I understand Crooty was the one that raised the subject of Lee's future at a CFC Board meeting and the need to canvass DA's opinion on the subject, I don't think the conversation lasted too long....

#33 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

View Postdalekpete, on Sep 14 2009, 10:37 PM, said:

So to clarify you will not be taking any paid employment when the new facilities are opened?

#34 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

View PostTown_Fan, on Sep 15 2009, 12:00 PM, said:

So to clarify you will not be taking any paid employment when the new facilities are opened?

objection!

#35 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on Sep 15 2009, 12:04 PM, said:

objection!

Overuled.

#36 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:11 AM

If they offered me a three year deal, twenty-percent above my current salary and a car then I would. However two things probably prevent this, one is the level of pay and the second is that in fair-and-open recruitment that funders require I probably wouldn't be the best person for the job.

However I expect that my Department may see redundency packages in a couple of years as the recession ends then I might suddenly become desperate for any sort of job...
Peter Whiteley

#37 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Why would Pete want to give up his existing employment to work for the FC?

#38 User is offline   Balearic Mac 

• If you see it, say it...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Sep 15 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

Because it would be a labour of love....?
"and a pair of those Geoff Mitchell glasses, please."

#39 Guest_MP-Spire_*

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

View Postdalekpete, on Sep 15 2009, 08:58 AM, said:

There are proposals at present to look afresh at the supporters organisations at the Club; this might change the way a fans' rep is regarded.

What you've not said, is the person looking at this is a CFSS Board member who happens to be on the FC payroll!

#40 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

View PostMP-Spire, on Sep 15 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

The new jobs in the East Stand (if there are any) would not be employees of the Club but of the Trust.
Peter Whiteley

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users