#241 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:22 PM

Blue5, on 23 November 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Moondog,

If Ashley is keen to see the club sold to a local group, is there any reason why he has not gone public with what deal is available to a potential buyer?

Because if he floated a price out there then everyone would be over it like a rash trying to work out the breakdown of who was getting what. If there is indeed a consortium at all you can guarentee every bit of the process and its details will be hidden behind NDA's and never to be released to the public. Oh for a peak at an independent auditors report.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#242 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

moondog, on 23 November 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

The income doesn't offset the significant losses DA is incurring every week

Our club and therein the accounts, is in the hands of an accountant lacking qualifications who has sacked 5 managers, 3 CEO's, and a myriad of buffoons who worked under his and their supervision. I'd be surprised if Allen actually trusts the numbers he gets given every week.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#243 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:44 PM

Blue5, on 23 November 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Moondog,

If Ashley is keen to see the club sold to a local group, is there any reason why he has not gone public with what deal is available to a potential buyer?

I expect he's honouring both parties wishes to keep matters confidential, but I share your frustration that things are dragging on

#244 Guest_Quaker_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

Dragging on is a good thing.

#245 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

A possible scenario.

An Allen saddled with a loss making asset which costs him a six figure sum every month just to keep in business is desperate to get rid.

However his bombastic attitude still sees him trying to dictate terms.

So a potential buyer knows time's on their side and as every month that passes is one less month they'll have to fund remains patient.

All guesswork on my part but...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#246 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

moondog, on 23 November 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

I expect he's honouring both parties wishes to keep matters confidential, but I share your frustration that things are dragging on

Dragging on? On and On and On and On.....Any chance things can get sorted? Things need to Change...

#247 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

I can't see much change happening before next season if I'm honest, irrespective of who's running the show. New owner(s) will need to settle in and regroup, they won't be bringing a magic wand, but let's hope they bring enthusiasm, a real love for the club, lots of ideas, a solid plan and a big broom. If there is no takeover, I envisage Mr Failure walking away and closing the door on his way out. I can't see him funding another season.

#248 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:17 PM

Deals to buy and sell businesses take time. The last one I was involved in took 9 months, and died twice along the way. I would say that no news is good news in this case. And yes Chris, sometimes there is a fair bit of gamesmanship going on...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#249 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:32 PM

Quaker, on 23 November 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

I can't see much change happening before next season if I'm honest,......I can't see him funding another season.

My understanding is that Carson or the Auditor has to state at the AGM whether Allen has informed the League that he is willing to fund next year's campaign. The release of the imminent' annual accounts suddenly doesn't seem so imminent.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#250 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:08 PM

I wish it would get sorted as I'm missing live football (the overall thing, beers with mates etc if not the 90 minutes).

In 21 months I've seen 4 live matches at any level.

#251 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

I've seen us play this season wbs, it more walking dead than live match,.. Ya not missing out, except for the beers.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#252 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:14 PM

I don't wish to sound melodramatic but it's truthfully changed the dynamics of a group of friends. Things change with kids and partners and stuff but that 12-3 home matchday drink could always be relied upon.

It's not that just I don't take part, it simply doesn't happen any longer as no one goes with any regularity at all.

#253 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

Westbars Spireite, on 23 November 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

I don't wish to sound melodramatic but it's truthfully changed the dynamics of a group of friends. Things change with kids and partners and stuff but that 12-3 home matchday drink could always be relied upon.

It's not that just I don't take part, it simply doesn't happen any longer as no one goes with any regularity at all.

There is only you and your mates stopping yourselves from having a 12-3 drink. You don’t have to go to the football. Cry

#254 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2019 - 11:50 PM

isleaiw1, on 22 November 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

I can’t get to every game due to work, family and location, but if a takeover goes through I will personally fund a table of 8 (10?) in hospitality for non attendees under the current regime to encourage them back... beers not on me though!

Remind me when it happens!

I’m probably on my own on this one but if the club is sold to a group without a pot t pee in, then we’d be set for another season of struggle and I’d probably say f it, the life’s been strangled out of me and not go

#255 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:45 AM

Ernie,

I bet there are many clubs at this level and above who are more successful than us at the moment, with owners who have a lot less money than Dave Allen.

Its not an impossible task to run this football club well.

#256 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 23 November 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

I’m probably on my own on this one but if the club is sold to a group without a pot t pee in, then we’d be set for another season of struggle and I’d probably say f it, the life’s been strangled out of me and not go

You will probably not be going then. Realistically it will take more than one season to get this club healthy again . Your decision, but I will support local businessmen with the best interests of the club at heart. Throwing money at it is no guarantee of success anyway - Barrow and the other part time minnows in this League prove that.

This post has been edited by boot: 24 November 2019 - 07:56 AM

#257 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:06 AM

Ernie Ernie Ernie, on 23 November 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

There is only you and your mates stopping yourselves from having a 12-3 drink. You don’t have to go to the football. Cry

Nice idea but that isn’t how it works. It was the football, those home fixtures in the diary, that was the glue that’s been lost. Just because it might be different for you it doesn’t make it any less real.

#258 Guest_Quaker_*

Posted 24 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

boot, on 24 November 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

You will probably not be going then. Realistically it will take more than one season to get this club healthy again . Your decision, but I will support local businessmen with the best interests of the club at heart. Throwing money at it is no guarantee of success anyway - Barrow and the other part time minnows in this League prove that.

Well said.

I find it really strange that someone who has continued to go and financially supported the current, crippling regime, the regime who have broken our club won’t go if the club struggles in the first season under new ownership. After the last five years I find that statement incredible but yep, it’s a personal choice.

It doesn’t matter if the new owner(s) have a pot to p in or not, there will be no immediate turnaround in fortunes. There will be a period of rebuilding. We have, in my opinion, 2-3 mores seasons in this league.

#259 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:06 AM

Westbars Spireite, on 24 November 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Nice idea but that isn’t how it works. It was the football, those home fixtures in the diary, that was the glue that’s been lost. Just because it might be different for you it doesn’t make it any less real.

Agreed, same for us really. Nobody wants to go and watch us get bent over and diddled by Chorley FM. Yeah obviously we could still arrange it but it’s just a lot more easier when you’ve got that consistency of it being every second Saturday. Away days used to be so much fun as well. Now you have to travel to a bus stop in London to a disgusting ground to watch us maybe scrape a draw if we’re lucky.

Spit, spit, spit on everything this club has become and the vile individuals who’ve played a part.

#260 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

Pretty much agree with all of the above. Not expecting miracles and don’t mind that nothings been leaked or no progress has been made yet. It does take time. I’m happy to rally round and support new owners as much as possible, I’d rather them have nothing and we can all get back on board and support a team in the right hands, than the current ones.

Share this topic:

• (42 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users