Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Potential Targets For Next Season - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (35 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Potential Targets For Next Season League 2 players

#61 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:12 AM

View Postdim view, on 01 May 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

I think it's going to be very interesting seeing how Danny handles this. He's got little leeway in terms of freeing up a lot of money for wages (Drew and Herd), and he's saddled with a lot of players who have either got to improve to become consistent or we'll be subjected to a similar worrying league position to the one we've just had.

I think we should try to sign Anderson. He's much better than Raglan.
I wouldn't keep JCR unless he takes a massive pay drop. He's a very hard worker, great attitude, but his pace has gone.

We should cheekily ask if we could have the full back from Cardiff on a season long loan. Him and Jones down one side would be a right handful, Boly on the other wing, we'd be a right threat out wide

#62 User is offline   needdm 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:08 AM

The trouble is that any body any of us think are good, are probably also been looked at by clubs with more money than us. At the end of the day we either have to develop our own players, knowing full well if and when they develop to a certain level a bigger club will come in and take them, and/or take a risk on players who may or not turn out to be bargains. This year most of our punts did not work out, whereas under Cook they did.

#63 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 29 April 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

One thing for sure is that Clucas had given him glowing reports of his time here. He genuinely sees town and our set up etc as being a real step up from our neighbours. I asked him the same question about coming to us just after Clucas came and he honestly said he hadn't played well enough to get a move to us that season, or anyone else for that matter. Seems a really honest type of bloke

Hearing the same thing myself, 'Ern'.

View PostWalton Spireite, on 30 April 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Thinking of joining. User name Sir Keith Haslam.

You really are intent on becoming Mr Popularity, aren't you Tim.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#64 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

View Postneeddm, on 01 May 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

The trouble is that any body any of us think are good, are probably also been looked at by clubs with more money than us. At the end of the day we either have to develop our own players, knowing full well if and when they develop to a certain level a bigger club will come in and take them, and/or take a risk on players who may or not turn out to be bargains. This year most of our punts did not work out, whereas under Cook they did.

Sure, but if you don't buy a ticket.... Remember Steve Norris
These go to eleven.

#65 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

I think our priority is simple. Our defensive organisation as a unit was, too often, a shambles. No like for like back ups to cover injuries. No balance. No plan. No leadership. In this lousy season, we have been defensively rubbish most of the time. And that's the test of whether Wilson and Morgan know their stuff.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#66 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

Chalk and Cheese

Cook was signing players with points to prove who could play his brand of football

Saunders just signed players from higher divisions in the hope they would be able to win games.

Barring Novak all of his signings have been expensive flops and failures

View Postdim view, on 01 May 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

I think our priority is simple. Our defensive organisation as a unit was, too often, a shambles. No like for like back ups to cover injuries. No balance. No plan. No leadership. In this lousy season, we have been defensively rubbish most of the time. And that's the test of whether Wilson and Morgan know their stuff.

The pre season "plan" needs to be better this time
A new hope.

#67 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 01 May 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Chalk and Cheese

Cook was signing players with points to prove who could play his brand of football

Saunders just signed players from higher divisions in the hope they would be able to win games.

Barring Novak all of his signings have been expensive flops and failures

The pre season "plan" needs to be better this time

Donoghue looks to be a big plus on the squad front.

God I hate this league.

#68 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:24 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 01 May 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Barring Novak all of his signings have been expensive flops and failures.

Being charitable O'Neil did show signs of improvement before injury, though a lack of pace will always hamper him. Meanwhile we can only wonder how Martinez will work out given his games-per-season ratio - and he was recommended by Evatt, wasn't he?

But yeah, Saunders will go down as a disaster on pretty much every level.

On the other hand Wilson is a steady if unspectacular manager who'll probably build a side in that image.

I've faith he has the contacts and ability to deliver stability.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

#69 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 May 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

Only in his own mind.
God I hate this league.

#70 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

Tom Anderson would be a fantastic signing imo.

#71 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 01 May 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Tom Anderson would be a fantastic signing imo.

Not being offered a deal by Burnley?
God I hate this league.

#72 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 May 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

Being charitable O'Neil did show signs of improvement before injury, though a lack of pace will always hamper him. Meanwhile we can only wonder how Martinez will work out given his games-per-season ratio - and he was recommended by Evatt, wasn't he?

But yeah, Saunders will go down as a disaster on pretty much every level.

On the other hand Wilson is a steady if unspectacular manager who'll probably build a side in that image.

I've faith he has the contacts and ability to deliver stability.

Except of course, that one of his signings has ended up scoring the goals to keep us up!

#73 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

View Postdim view, on 01 May 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

I think it's going to be very interesting seeing how Danny handles this. He's got little leeway in terms of freeing up a lot of money for wages (Drew and Herd), and he's saddled with a lot of players who have either got to improve to become consistent or we'll be subjected to a similar worrying league position to the one we've just had.

I think we should try to sign Anderson. He's much better than Raglan.
I wouldn't keep JCR unless he takes a massive pay drop. He's a very hard worker, great attitude, but his pace has gone.

Good post.

I'm not convinced by Anderson, he looks a bit one dimensional to me. As for JCR, you're spot on.

As a club, this summer will demonstrate exactly what we learnt about last year's recruitment. We allowed a manager to sign players who were never right for the club. Now Paul Mitchell's out of the way, it could be much more of the same.

#74 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

View Postsophocles, on 01 May 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Except of course, that one of his signings has ended up scoring the goals to keep us up!

I was replying to 'AKITB's' post which said that, buddy.

#75 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 May 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Good post.

I'm not convinced by Anderson, he looks a bit one dimensional to me. As for JCR, you're spot on.

As a club, this summer will demonstrate exactly what we learnt about last year's recruitment. We allowed a manager to sign players who were never right for the club. Now Paul Mitchell's out of the way, it could be much more of the same.

I think we've learned by now there is no underpinning strategy at the Proact, Mike.

If what I'm hearing is proven accurate, though, I reckon we might be pleasantly surprised by a manager who was planning for next season some time ago.

Unfortunately another bewilderingly poor set of accounts could yet torpedo those plans, as they done to Wilson's predecessors...

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 01 May 2016 - 02:31 PM

#76 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 01 May 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

All good natured fun Chris.

#77 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

I think we should offer Rai Simons a longer deal. I think hes a really talented player, who is fast, clever, and has a right good shot on him. It would be mad if we didn't give him a chance because players like that are very hard to find for little money. Hes still a teenager as well isn't he? Hes a lot better than Slew and has more about him than Sylvan.

#78 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 May 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Good post.

Anderson will do for me. I'm not sure what you mean by one dimensional.

Allardyce on Younes Kaboul :- " He's a proper centre half who knows how to defend. Whoever has brought him up and coached him has coached him how to defend, not come sweeping out of the back with the ball and play this pass and that pass. All that rubbish that pundits go on about, saying, 'he's a good centre-half because he comes out of the back with the ball and passes it' - he's there to defend. Defenders are there to defend, their first job is to defend and then play after, and if they can't defend, then they can't play centre half."

#79 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

View Postnovakisaspireite, on 01 May 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

I think we should offer Rai Simons a longer deal. I think hes a really talented player, who is fast, clever, and has a right good shot on him. It would be mad if we didn't give him a chance because players like that are very hard to find for little money. Hes still a teenager as well isn't he? Hes a lot better than Slew and has more about him than Sylvan.

I'm not sure if he's out of contract, but I tend to agree with you on this one. He's worth a little longer to see if he can strengthen up and develop at very little cost.
#notapennymore

#80 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:19 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

I'm not sure if he's out of contract, but I tend to agree with you on this one. He's worth a little longer to see if he can strengthen up and develop at very little cost.

He's not out of contract runs to end of 2017

http://www.thecfss.c...showtopic=57477

but why let that get in the way of his little rant.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

Share this topic:

• (35 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users