• You cannot reply to this topic

Hartlepool Match Day Thread

#161 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2023 - 02:58 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 December 2023 - 02:31 PM, said:

He needed to be in front of the keeper and last defender to be onside assuming they didn’t see the defender play the ball.

I know that’s what I meant, he was beyond the last defender and the Lino was right to raise his flag assuming he didn’t see who played it forwards.

#162 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 December 2023 - 03:06 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 18 December 2023 - 10:58 AM, said:

When the ball is played to Mandy, he’s definitely in front of the last defender and potentially in front of the keeper too.

Based on the camera angle, I’d say it’s impossible for the Lino to see who played the ball so you could argue he did the right thing flagging. The ref should then decide if he thinks the defending team played the ball, discuss it with the Lino and then allow the goal.

Thankfully it didn’t cost us.

Pity our fans didn't celebrate by means of an immediate pitch invasion, game over 2-0 victory. I blame Lindave if he hadn't made them sit down they may have done.

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 18 December 2023 - 03:10 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#163 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 18 December 2023 - 03:12 PM

View Postdim view, on 18 December 2023 - 10:38 AM, said:

Well in my opinion he scuffed one when there was no support but the other he correctly decided to slip Grigg in. Nowt heartbreaking at all. He’s taking up better defensive positions and his passing to feet and crossing are top drawer. He’s being nurtured and goals will come.

You have a point, but I want to see him getting among the goals, because nothing adds to a player's confidence more than sticking it in the net. I'd love to hear what Cookie thought about it after the game - did he praise the lad for passing even when in a shooting position, or did he tell him to break the net next time?

#164 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 December 2023 - 03:57 PM

View Posth again, on 18 December 2023 - 03:12 PM, said:

You have a point, but I want to see him getting among the goals, because nothing adds to a player's confidence more than sticking it in the net. I'd love to hear what Cookie thought about it after the game - did he praise the lad for passing even when in a shooting position, or did he tell him to break the net next time?

I think it stems from an incident when we were running either Barnet or Eastleigh (memorys going) ragged, he burst through shot and missed from a tight angle, were a simple square pass to Quigs would have been better. Words/advice may have ensued
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users