Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Fans Group/supporters Forum - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fans Group/supporters Forum not sure what to call it

#61 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

jack, on 12 August 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

In addition to my points about what happened to us on Saturday...

Can they start selling items like bottled soft drinks, crisps and sweets via sellers walking about in the stands at HT and prior to the match? Quick revenue from the easy to serve items, and might relieve a bit of the pressure on the concourse staff?

Sausage roll stock is a real bugbear with the youngest though, not managed to get one yet at HT, and he won't have a Hot Dog instead. I dread to think how much revenue the club has lost out on, if you were to add up all the lost lots of £2.80 (plus the drinks I might have got tempted to buy at the same time)

£2.80 is a rip off. Go in Greggs before and you can get a bag full for less.

#62 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

moondog, on 12 August 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Why can't we have mushy peas with the pies ?

lol that was also brought up on saturday, and will be brought up to Paul next time ;)

#63 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Westbars Spireite, on 12 August 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I'm willing to cough up the extra so that he gets a warm sausage roll, and so I don't have to mind a greasy bag for the first half (and so some poor sod doesn't end up wearing it if we score first half)

Anyway, I've yet to be ripped off, the club has failed miserably.

#64 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Westbars Spireite, on 12 August 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Maybe it's just down here but Greggs doesnt seem remotely as cheap as it used to be.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#65 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

Couldn't we ever start selling jacket spuds? The profit margins in those would be very high and I'd love to have one in the freezing cold of winter
Every need got an ego to feed

#66 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Screamadelica, on 12 August 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Couldn't we ever start selling jacket spuds? The profit margins in those would be very high and I'd love to have one in the freezing cold of winter

Yeah! Then chase it down with a glass of mulled wine.:)

#67 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

spireitenag, on 12 August 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Yeah! Then chase it down with a glass of mulled wine.:)

Now your talking!
Every need got an ego to feed

#68 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Chris Turner is due to be at the next meeting

#69 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Subject - Complimentary Tickets (Away Matches)

Can someone ask CT to look into how complimentary tickets for away games are distributed and once he's done that, can he implement a system that doesn't benefit the same hangers on, game after game, season after season?

It disappoints me that we have people organising & stewarding buses on behalf of the Club who never receive a complimentary ticket for their troubles. Surely after travelling officials and players' families have been taken care of, any available tickets should find their way on to the buses?

#70 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

freelander2, on 14 August 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Can someone ask CT to look into how complimentary tickets for away games are distributed and once he's done that, can he implement a system that doesn't benefit the same hangers on, game after game, season after season?

It disappoints me that we have people organising & stewarding buses on behalf of the Club who never receive a complimentary ticket for their troubles. Surely after travelling officials and players' families have been taken care of, any available tickets should find their way on to the buses?

will do

#71 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Can the club get in touch with the BBC to get them to sort out the squad list on their website? Its a b****y mess!

freelander2, on 14 August 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Words fail me...

#72 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

jack, on 15 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Can the club get in touch with the BBC to get them to sort out the squad list on their website? Its a b****y mess!

Words fail me...

You could do it if it bothers you that much!

https://ssl.bbc.co.u.../?reset=#anchor

#73 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Sammy Spireite, on 15 August 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

You could do it if it bothers you that much!

https://ssl.bbc.co.u.../?reset=#anchor

If I'm feeling even more 'Victor Meldrew' later I might just do that, thanks.

No idea why I picked up a neg, if it was for the pettiness of my gripe with the Beeb, fair dos. If it was because of my comment on the away ticket comps then what is the problem? If they can hand out a free ticket (plus voucher for a drink and a pie) for digging snow off the pitch, then if what F2 says is true, I'm appalled. I used to be volunteer 'front-of-house' staff at a theatre, whilst I didn't often take them up on it, I was regularly offered comps. Even if the organisers/stewards are getting paid to do the bus work it's still 'off' not trying to make sure they get free entry.

#74 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

jack, on 15 August 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

If I'm feeling even more 'Victor Meldrew' later I might just do that, thanks.

No idea why I picked up a neg, if it was for the pettiness of my gripe with the Beeb, fair dos. If it was because of my comment on the away ticket comps then what is the problem? If they can hand out a free ticket (plus voucher for a drink and a pie) for digging snow off the pitch, then if what F2 says is true, I'm appalled. I used to be volunteer 'front-of-house' staff at a theatre, whilst I didn't often take them up on it, I was regularly offered comps. Even if the organisers/stewards are getting paid to do the bus work it's still 'off' not trying to make sure they get free entry.

I read your post "words fail me" as a criticism of F2 raising the issue, not the issue itself, I guess thats why someone neg'd you (wasn't me by the way)

#75 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Sammy Spireite, on 15 August 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

I read your post "words fail me" as a criticism of F2 raising the issue, not the issue itself, I guess thats why someone neg'd you (wasn't me by the way)

Really?! All credit to F2 for bringing it up. I gave him a green'n for his post.

I nearly gave him one for his snarky reply to me yesterday, as whoever negged him made it look like it was me!

#76 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

jack, on 15 August 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Really?! All credit to F2 for bringing it up. I gave him a green'n for his post.

I nearly gave him one for his snarky reply to me yesterday, as whoever negged him made it look like it was me!

I remember travelling on the buses to away games during the late 80s & early 90s and those stewarding the buses received tickets on a fairly regular basis, the majority of the time they were distributed to the benefit of those on the bus.

Any available tickets should go to those people who are running True Blue Travel & Bridge Inn buses and then distributed accordingly, not to people who travel to away games knowing that there's a comp ticket waiting for them on a regular basis when they get to the ground.

#77 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

freelander2, on 15 August 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I remember travelling on the buses to away games during the late 80s & early 90s and those stewarding the buses received tickets on a fairly regular basis, the majority of the time they were distributed to the benefit of those on the bus.

Any available tickets should go to those people who are running True Blue Travel & Bridge Inn buses and then distributed accordingly, not to people who travel to away games knowing that there's a comp ticket waiting for them on a regular basis when they get to the ground.

Too right. I can imagine stewarding a bus full of aled up town fans isn't the easiest of jobs!

#78 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Can I just say that the Comp Tickets never appeared to all the people stewarding the OSC coaches during the late 90's-early 00's (I should know as I was of them and Secretary of the OSC at the time) they tended to go to the Exec Club members as I recall.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#79 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Johnnyspireite7, on 15 August 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Can I just say that the Comp Tickets never appeared to all the people stewarding the OSC coaches during the late 90's-early 00's (I should know as I was of them and Secretary of the OSC at the time) they tended to go to the Exec Club members as I recall.

F2 said late 80's early 90's!

Recall IY outside Yeovil one bank holiday Monday with a chunk of freebies handing em to anyone with a town shirt on, lucky we had Malc Unwin with us that day!

#80 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

How many comps do we give out on a match day at home including to the away team an out own players etc ? Anyone know.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users