• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Enough is Enough now Richardson & Hubbard must go

#1 User is offline   cooper6271.freeserve.co.uk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

OK before we start injuries today,to be honest did i not expect anything at Hereford today.So the Richardson fan's will point to that as why we lost game,but the problem is much more deep seated than that our alarming slide down the league has to be addressed now.For the sake of the club & supporters Richardson should be sacked tonight,along with Mr Hubbard should resign as club chairman.Between the two of them they have killed the football club,Richardson way out of his league,Mr Hubbard i thankyou for jumping in to save the club in our hour of need,but if you can't provide the finance to build a side capable of making an impact in this division its now time to offer the club to the invester's.We can't keep bringing in fodder's from youth side's and expect to keep us in the mixer,Mr Richardson you have known since last season the goalkeeper is not good enough,defence very poor,midfield weak no class in there.But you do nothing keep the same failing players,please i ask you to walk away now,i have nothing against you as a person,just that you are not the manager we need at this football club.The fans im sure have had enough now,i fear you may end up with a Sheffield Utd style backlash from the fans,it will come very shortly.Go now Richardson we dont want you here at Chesterfield football Club.

#2 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:45 PM

View Postcooper6271.freeserve.co.uk, on Feb 16 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

OK before we start injuries today,to be honest did i not expect anything at Hereford today.So the Richardson fan's will point to that as why we lost game,but the problem is much more deep seated than that our alarming slide down the league has to be addressed now.For the sake of the club & supporters Richardson should be sacked tonight,along with Mr Hubbard should resign as club chairman.Between the two of them they have killed the football club,Richardson way out of his league,Mr Hubbard i thankyou for jumping in to save the club in our hour of need,but if you can't provide the finance to build a side capable of making an impact in this division its now time to offer the club to the invester's.We can't keep bringing in fodder's from youth side's and expect to keep us in the mixer,Mr Richardson you have known since last season the goalkeeper is not good enough,defence very poor,midfield weak no class in there.But you do nothing keep the same failing players,please i ask you to walk away now,i have nothing against you as a person,just that you are not the manager we need at this football club.The fans im sure have had enough now,i fear you may end up with a Sheffield Utd style backlash from the fans,it will come very shortly.Go now Richardson we dont want you here at Chesterfield football Club.

Sorry to pick you out, but that post neatly sums up all the spurious reasons the mob are giving for wanting Rico out.
The goalkeeper and defence were good enough for Div. 1 last season, in fact they were 9th best in the division. There was every reason to stick with them this season and reinforce elsewhere - in fact it was the majority opinion on here that defensively we were fine. Now you have to build a case against the manager and suddenly they were always poor and Rico should have known it.
The midfield with 'no class' contains a player who was sought by a Div. 1 club for 100 grand. They didn't go elsewhere in our division - they came to us for Peter Leven. You obviously don't see class there - Brighton do, and were prepared to pay for it. You might also care to remember who signed him. Likewise you obviously don't rate Derek Niven, but he'd be the first on the team sheet in virtually every side in this division.
I can think of several mistakes that Rico has made, as I'm sure he can, but if you're going to launch out into that kind of stuff then at least try to justify your outlook by producing some sensible reasons why he should go. Just to help you out, the only remotely viable one is that he hasn't produced enough home wins.

#3 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

View Posth again, on Feb 16 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Sorry to pick you out, but that post neatly sums up all the spurious reasons the mob are giving for wanting Rico out.
The goalkeeper and defence were good enough for Div. 1 last season, in fact they were 9th best in the division. There was every reason to stick with them this season and reinforce elsewhere - in fact it was the majority opinion on here that defensively we were fine. Now you have to build a case against the manager and suddenly they were always poor and Rico should have known it.
The midfield with 'no class' contains a player who was sought by a Div. 1 club for 100 grand. They didn't go elsewhere in our division - they came to us for Peter Leven. You obviously don't see class there - Brighton do, and were prepared to pay for it. You might also care to remember who signed him. Likewise you obviously don't rate Derek Niven, but he'd be the first on the team sheet in virtually every side in this division.
I can think of several mistakes that Rico has made, as I'm sure he can, but if you're going to launch out into that kind of stuff then at least try to justify your outlook by producing some sensible reasons why he should go. Just to help you out, the only remotely viable one is that he hasn't produced enough home wins.

Not letting Leven go is probably one of his worst decisions. Do you think he looks like a 7k a week player?

#4 User is offline   Jonno 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on Feb 16 2008, 07:49 PM, said:

Not letting Leven go is probably one of his worst decisions. Do you think he looks like a 7k a week player?

£7k a week? Doubt it. Wheres that information from?

#5 User is offline   SpireKop 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, Gym, Bit more football.

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

7k a week, your having a giggle right?
Blue Army, Blue Army!

#6 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

View PostSpireKop, on Feb 16 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

7K a month at a push surely.

#7 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

I got stick for saying that Ernie when the offer was made!!
R.I.P Saltergate

#8 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

But if we would have let him go that would also have been one of the worse decisions, against Chester when he was suspended we really missed him if we had his presence we would have probably won that game, if we'd have let him go most people would have said that was what did our promotion expections the most harm - the lack of Leven would have shown week in week out.

In hindsight with where we are now not letting Leven go is probably one of the worst decisions but we did miss him immensely at home to Chester!

It could also be said that one of the worst decisions was thinking that we would get someone better than Bastains.

#9 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:14 PM

View PostSpireKop, on Feb 16 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

100k offer for a player with 16 games left on his contract.

100 / 16 = 6250 per game plus his wages which must be a grand a week plus.

how much quality could we have brought in on loan for over 7k per week until the end of the season?

#10 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

View Postcooper6271.freeserve.co.uk, on Feb 16 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

I thought he was. Perhaps Hubbard cant control the timing of that but he can control who manages the team.
Bring Sakashvili to justice

#11 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

It did appear that the defence was ok (I dont agree about Roche) but the evidence of this season shows otherwise. Nothing has been done to bolster the centre of defence since the cracks appeared months ago. Attempts to do this may have been made, but nothing has been achieved.

Patronising chuff

#12 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

The midfield with 'no class' contains a player who was sought by a Div. 1 club for 100 grand. They didn't go elsewhere in our division - they came to us for Peter Leven. You obviously don't see class there - Brighton do, and were prepared to pay for it. You might also care to remember who signed him. Likewise you obviously don't rate Derek Niven, but he'd be the first on the team sheet in virtually every side in this division. I can think of several mistakes that Rico has made, as I'm sure he can, but if you're going to launch out into that kind of stuff then at least try to justify your outlook by producing some sensible reasons why he should go. Just to help you out, the only remotely viable one is that he hasn't produced enough home wins.

I very much doubt that

#13 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:05 AM

He would be at the start of the season but if he'd had a run like he has this season he'd be dropped until he's improved. If we'd got strength in depth i doubt very much he'd have played this many games for us.

#14 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

It's a very debatable point. If Rico had let him go can you imagine the level of abuse on here, and the shouts of "No ambition." We presumably kept Leven - who nobody rated but who turned out to be a class player in the eyes of people who knew - because he was considered vital to our hopes of promotion. You don't sell your best midfielder if you have any ambition. As things turned out we might have done better to take the money, but hindsight judgements are worthless. Personally I thought we were right to keep him.

#15 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

View Postlatewinner, on Feb 17 2008, 12:34 AM, said:

Patronising chuff

Well it saves you thinking I suppose.

#16 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:13 AM

View Posth again, on Feb 17 2008, 01:09 AM, said:

It's a very debatable point. If Rico had let him go can you imagine the level of abuse on here, and the shouts of "No ambition." We presumably kept Leven - who nobody rated but who turned out to be a class player in the eyes of people who knew - because he was considered vital to our hopes of promotion. You don't sell your best midfielder if you have any ambition. As things turned out we might have done better to take the money, but hindsight judgements are worthless. Personally I thought we were right to keep him.

Very, very debatable point, before this run got has bad has it has now, a lot of people were questiong the sense of keeping a reasonable (nothing more) midfielder, who we got for nothing and would go for nothing in June, when 100 big ones were on the table..

Mr Mercury
East stand second class citizen.

#17 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:13 AM

View Postlatewinner, on Feb 17 2008, 12:51 AM, said:

I very much doubt that

"Patronising chuff".

#18 User is offline   Blueprint 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:15 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on Feb 17 2008, 01:13 AM, said:

Very, very debatable point, before this run got has bad has it has now, a lot of people were questiong the sense of keeping a reasonable (nothing more) midfielder, who we got for nothing and would go for nothing in June, when 100 big ones were on the table..

Mr Mercury

But in order to keep in track for promotion at the time surely it made sense to keep him. Once we were promoted Leven may have wanted to stay here.

#19 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

View PostBlueprint, on Feb 17 2008, 01:15 AM, said:

But in order to keep in track for promotion at the time surely it made sense to keep him. Once we were promoted Leven may have wanted to stay here.

it was a no win situation for the board whatever they did would have been wrong. maybe something has been thrashed out with leven behind the scenes re next season. but £100k + wages could have brought in 2or3 decent loan players. id have sold him.

#20 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

View PostBlueprint, on Feb 17 2008, 01:15 AM, said:

Yes if we were on genuine promotion track it would, but, and be honest here, that particular band wagon has fallen further and further behind since Jan 1st
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users