Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Wendies Player Quits To Focus On Religion - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wendies Player Quits To Focus On Religion

#61 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostCFC91, on 20 September 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

Christ I only came on here to do some religion bashing

Not sure who is more brainwashed ..helan for packing up football in pursuit of religion or us believing that championship football is a reality.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#62 User is offline   The Ghost of James Higgins 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Raffles, lotteries, any games of chance really.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

View PostCFC91, on 20 September 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

Christ I only came on here to do some religion bashing

Blasphemy........stone him!
Spooky, so very spoooooooky

#63 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

View PostThe Gimp, on 20 September 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

your supportive of making a species extinct and committing animal genocide?

Not in an ideal world but it's definitely preferable to continually breeding them only for them to live a life of pain and suffering.

#64 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 20 September 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

No I'm not an idiot....you are clearly missing the point...that being you had a pop at the wendy player for his religious belief yet you believe its wrong to eat meat...makes no difference what you think or act upon someone will always have a differing opinion just because they do not agree or share your beliefs it does not make them an idiot no matter how much fact, fiction or blocks you throw into the argument. ....they just do not share your beliefs. ...as i don't with your vegetarianism

Dont insult me by calling me a vegetarian, I haven't breast fed in a long while thanks.

I see exactly what you're getting at but I refuse to dumb myself down to the extent of 'it's someone's belief thus it must be respected'. Also, as I've said, not eating meat CANNOT be compared to religion as there is no proof that a deity exists but there IS proof that animals will squeal and try to escape if you cut them. You said 'meat is murder' is rubbish but it physically isn't, it's the ending of a life. How can you not realise that? I like to think most behavioural omnivore humans would recognise that it's still the snuffing out of a life. Just because you believe 'meat is nice' doesn't negate the fact it's brought about by killing, they're not mutually exclusive lul.

In my opinion, it's 100x more logical to consider a religious person an idiot than someone who doesn't eat meat due to ethical, environmental or health reasons and I'll explain why;

- The fact they put their full weight behind something which isn't proveable and makes no logical sense
- The fact they use a book that is eons old as a basis to live their lives
- The fact they constantly refuse to look at the negative impact their religion has had and is having all over the world
- The fact that some religions will actually exclude members (including their own family) if they have the gall to do something as outrageous as love a member of the same sex - in fact, the huge homophobic undertones that perpetuate religion are disgusting and it's only because of years and years of being told we're forced to accept this, whether we're agnostic or atheist that it is still accepted. Religion seems to be above questioning, you're just meant to 'respect their belief' even if that belief includes hatred of homosexuals or following a paedophile and revering them as the greatest individual to ever walk the earth.

As opposed to literally not wanting a living creature to die. How you can compare them is beyond me, it really is. Open your mind and try and let go of decades of social conditioning and have a think about the differences and come back to me. Or, just carry on believing that just because someone holds an opinion it's valid. I suppose it's valid for me to pop round and boil your dog alive like the Chinese do and have him with a nice chianti (10 points if anyone gets the reference) or for me to believe that a certain race are inferior to my own because hey, it's a differing opinion and not everyone will share my beliefs and it doesn't make me an idiot, no matter how much fact, fiction or blocks are thrown my way!

This post has been edited by Goku: 20 September 2016 - 09:45 AM

#65 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

Have we signed Gary Taylor-Fletcher yet? 🙄
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#66 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

View PostGoku, on 20 September 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Dont insult me by calling me a vegetarian, I haven't breast fed in a long while thanks.

I see exactly what you're getting at but I refuse to dumb myself down to the extent of 'it's someone's belief thus it must be respected'. Also, as I've said, not eating meat CANNOT be compared to religion as there is no proof that a deity exists but there IS proof that animals will squeal and try to escape if you cut them. You said 'meat is murder' is rubbish but it physically isn't, it's the ending of a life. How can you not realise that? I like to think most behavioural omnivore humans would recognise that it's still the snuffing out of a life. Just because you believe 'meat is nice' doesn't negate the fact it's brought about by killing, they're not mutually exclusive lul.

In my opinion, it's 100x more logical to consider a religious person an idiot than someone who doesn't eat meat due to ethical, environmental or health reasons and I'll explain why;

- The fact they put their full weight behind something which isn't proveable and makes no logical sense
- The fact they constantly refuse to look at the negative impact their religion has had and is having all over the world
- The fact that some religions will actually exclude members (including their own family) if they have the gall to do something as outrageous as love a member of the same sex - in fact, the huge homophobic undertones that perpetuate religion are disgusting and it's only because of years and years of being told we're forced to accept this, whether we're agnostic or atheist that it is still accepted. Religion seems to be above questioning, you're just meant to 'respect their belief' even if that belief includes hatred of homosexuals or following a paedophile and revering them as the greatest individual to ever walk the earth.

As opposed to literally not wanting a living creature to die. How you can compare them is beyond me, it really is. Open your mind and try and let go of decades of social conditioning and have a think about the differences and come back to me. Or, just carry on believing that just because someone holds an opinion it's valid. I suppose it's valid for me to pop round and boil your dog alive like the Chinese do and have him with a nice chianti (10 points if anyone gets the reference) or for me to believe that a certain race are inferior to my own because hey, it's a differing opinion and not everyone will share my beliefs and it doesn't make me an idiot, no matter how much fact, fiction or blocks are thrown my way!

#67 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

You say it youself you have no respect for others beliefs or opinions ....nuff said ...no point arguing with you.....

And feel free to pop round and boil the dog, it's the missus's amd i hate the thing.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#68 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostGoku, on 20 September 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

Not in an ideal world but it's definitely preferable to continually breeding them only for them to live a life of pain and suffering.

Perhaps campaigns for ethical farming practices and the highest standards of animal welfare might be better, less extreme solution. Any you don't do your credibility any good with phrases like "breast feeding" - we all know which part of a cow milk comes from without silly references like that.

#69 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

F**king hell is he for real

#70 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:16 AM

View PostThe Gimp, on 20 September 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Perhaps campaigns for ethical farming practices and the highest standards of animal welfare might be better, less extreme solution. Any you don't do your credibility any good with phrases like "breast feeding" - we all know which part of a cow milk comes from without silly references like that.

Well yeah that'd be better although I'm sure our versions of ethical farming would differ somewhat. Mine would include no death, no trapping them in small areas and no artificial insemination, thus it'd be rather hard for them to make any money from this.

It's not a silly reference, it's what people do. I'm calling it how it is.

Edit; shall we move on now tho, I didn't even wanna bring this argument up, it was spireitetoo and now I've sent him scampering with his tail between his legs it's probs time to leave it

This post has been edited by Goku: 20 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

#71 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

View Postash_cfc, on 20 September 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

Have we signed Gary Taylor-Fletcher yet? ��

If he notches another on Yorks training ground I think it will be inevitable.

#72 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostGoku, on 20 September 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

F**king hell is he for real

And breathe............
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#73 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

made a right balls of my earlier reply to Goku ..meant to say i liked this bit... "Open your mind and try and let go of decades of social conditioning and have a think about the differences and come back to me. Or, just carry on believing that just because someone holds an opinion it's valid."

#74 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

Im with you all the way on this goku animals have feelings , but what if vegetables feel pain and have feelings too, id imagine most vegetables have feelings ..not sure about Chris Turner though.

Lol..i put t u rnip.

This post has been edited by Bonnyman: 20 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#75 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

I bet Gary Taylor-Fletcher likes Haribo
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#76 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

View Postspireitetoo, on 19 September 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

I dont get religion. There's a few associated things like Quakerism that appeal, things that
advocate a more peacefull, less materialist look at how we do things, and that often oppose the orthodoxies of church and state. What Helan is doing seems to challenge other contemporary orthodoxies involving fame, money and status.

Helan seems to have what so many people want, and they wonder why he'd want to live any other way. From conversations I've had the lads decision is all the stranger to many because he's a Muslim...its being seen as another indicator of the supposed "other"ness of Islam and we can probably expect to hear some tabloidy grunting on those lines, although not as much as we'd get if Helan was in the premier league.

There is at least one precedent ..fellow greybeards will remember Peter Knowles in the early 70's. He was the glamour boy in a decent Wolves team ..flash but rooted,somewhere between George Best and Charlie George . He'd turn up in the football comics with his nice car and his Tony Bennett records, he was a cert for the England squad and then he announced that he'd been converted and was now a Jehovas Witness. He couldnt square his religious faith with the aggression needed to play football. Apart from an appearance in a testimonial he never played again.
We all thought he was mad...he couldve holidayd in Majorca, eaten fondeau every night and gone out with her off "Man About The House" if he felt like it....

#77 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

View Postbifocart, on 20 September 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

I dont get religion. There's a few associated things like Quakerism that appeal, things that
advocate a more peacefull, less materialist look at how we do things, and that often oppose the orthodoxies of church and state. What Helan is doing seems to challenge other contemporary orthodoxies involving fame, money and status.

Helan seems to have what so many people want, and they wonder why he'd want to live any other way. From conversations I've had the lads decision is all the stranger to many because he's a Muslim...its being seen as another indicator of the supposed "other"ness of Islam and we can probably expect to hear some tabloidy grunting on those lines, although not as much as we'd get if Helan was in the premier league.

There is at least one precedent ..fellow greybeards will remember Peter Knowles in the early 70's. He was the glamour boy in a decent Wolves team ..flash but rooted,somewhere between George Best and Charlie George . He'd turn up in the football comics with his nice car and his Tony Bennett records, he was a cert for the England squad and then he announced that he'd been converted and was now a Jehovas Witness. He couldnt square his religious faith with the aggression needed to play football. Apart from an appearance in a testimonial he never played again.
We all thought he was mad...he couldve holidayd in Majorca, eaten fondeau every night and gone out with her off "Man About The House" if he felt like it....

https://youtu.be/-EfYlwlpz2U

#78 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:50 PM

View Postbifocart, on 20 September 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Depends which one from Man about the house ?
East stand second class citizen.

#79 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Religious+footballer+who+wouldn't+altar+for+Villa.-a060748284

Saw this guy play a couple of times back in the day. Was a brilliant footballer ...
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#80 User is offline   The Ghost of James Higgins 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Raffles, lotteries, any games of chance really.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:10 PM

I'd suggest fava beans and instead of the slightly traditional chianti I'd go for montepuliciano d'abruzzo. Hope that helps.
Spooky, so very spoooooooky

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users