Rommy Boco Video

#81 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostS43_Spireite, on 04 May 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

I would call it GREED.....after all, he aint' going up a Division (until end of season), so expecting more than double your wages is just GREEDY.

(I may try it on my boss on Tuesday)

It is, you're right. We may be thought of a soft touch by agents - Cook and Turner need to make sure that reputation goes away.

#82 User is offline   spireitenumber1 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 May 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

What he's earning at Accrington is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

What we should be considering is, can he make the step up to perform in a promotion chasing side, what could he potentially bring to our starting 11 & would he be one of our better players? Finally, where does a player of his calibre fit into our payscale?

I bet Cookie was on peanuts at Accrington as well, especially compared to his contract here.

If he wants to play for us he should settle for 150% Paul cook said himself he wants to bring players to the club who want to play for us and not just for the money

#83 User is offline   Gary the Snail 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostS43_Spireite, on 04 May 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

I would call it GREED.....after all, he aint' going up a Division (until end of season), so expecting more than double your wages is just GREEDY.

(I may try it on my boss on Tuesday)

Is the club he's going to more than double the size of the one he came from?

We can also make an assumption that this particular club pays their manager less than our assistant manager

This post has been edited by Gary the Snail: 04 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

#84 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

View Postspireitenumber1, on 04 May 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

If he wants to play for us he should settle for 150%

Why?

#85 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 May 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Why?

Because if that's what we're offering that's all he'll get. I don't think he'll have a string of offers above ours but we'll see.

#86 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 04 May 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

My source tells me Monsieur Boco is seeking 250% of his Accrington wages after CFC had offered 150% - shows how barmy agents can be!

Phil

If that's the case I'd shake his hand, wish him good luck and buy him a train ticket back to Accrington - a single

#87 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 May 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Because if that's what we're offering that's all he'll get. I don't think he'll have a string of offers above ours but we'll see.

Cook said in the week that Boco's got options.

#88 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Cook said in the week that Boco's got options.

Good luck to him then. I want us to stick to a budget and not be held to ransom by bang average players.

#89 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 04 May 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Good luck to him then. I want us to stick to a budget and not be held to ransom by bang average players.

I don't know enough about the player, but if he is bang average, then perhaps he's not the player for us, regardless of what's on offer.

#90 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 May 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I don't know enough about the player, but if he is bang average, then perhaps he's not the player for us, regardless of what's on offer.

He'd be a decent signing I think but not someone to get into a bidding war for. Either he wants to sign or he doesn't.

#91 User is offline   silver surfer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 04 May 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Lets be on song here, if Mr Tooley has posted it its probably right!
Oh, and just to add..if you don't like the offer..what's **** off in French?

Vous prenez la urinee monsieur Boco.
Se debarrasser de la sangsue assis a cote de vous nous ne sommes pas man city!

Rough translation - You are taking the urine Boco.
Get rid of the leech sat next to you - we are not man city!

Google is a wonderful tool. lol

#92 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 May 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well According to PC on Football Heaven to Paul Walker on 5th Jan
" we are a bang average L2 side ....." #ChesterfieldFC

so perhaps 'bang average' will do nicely !

#93 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

My source tells me Monsieur Boco is seeking 250% of his Accrington wages after CFC had offered 150% - shows how barmy agents can be!

Phil

I'm not questioning the reliability of this info, I just thought it was common practise to agree personal terms before a medical.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#94 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Phil

Why do you deem it necessary to post this, all it does is cause people to be negative towards the lad before he has even signed if he does, some of the comments already posted prove this. Your speculation alto it's possibly correct is just that, if he does sign certain posters will turn his alleged earnings against him if/when he goes through a form dip or bad spell. What he earns, asks for, is offered etc is nothing to do with you, me or anyone else so is completely irrelevant. Very poor show from you I am afraid !
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#95 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostSabreman, on 05 May 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Why do you deem it necessary to post this, all it does is cause people to be negative towards the lad before he has even signed if he does, some of the comments already posted prove this. Your speculation alto it's possibly correct is just that, if he does sign certain posters will turn his alleged earnings against him if/when he goes through a form dip or bad spell. What he earns, asks for, is offered etc is nothing to do with you, me or anyone else so is completely irrelevant. Very poor show from you I am afraid !

I think that's a very good point
East stand second class citizen.

#96 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostSabreman, on 05 May 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

I disagree, it highlights why we might be a bit slower than we expected in securing Boco's services and stops people potentially moaning at the club about it.

It's common practice when negotiating a salary to start high, we can't blame the lad for that as most of us would do the same.

If Boco comes it'll be at a price that both parties deem acceptable and no one should get on his back. If he doesn't then he'll have had a better offer and good luck to him if so.

#97 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 03 May 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

So you don't think it's disrespectful to constantly spell someones name wrong then Rodnees Mustash?

Not really, its a fans message board after all, not a tax form or a formal letter to the bloke, as long as you know what the other fella is talking about what harm does it really do?

Your just being pedantic for the sake of it.Just treat it like a posh text message.
A new hope.

#98 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Phil

Why?

When KD signed for the saints, do you think he agreed a deal based on what his salary at town was? or one based on what the saints being a top flight club?

His agent will have contacts in the game and will know what some of the bigger clubs are paying. 150% would put the offer around £1200 a week, which is decent enough for L2 but if his agent knows we have a CB on around £2k a week then why not ask for the same? Cant blame him for trying. I think this is also where Drew is at.

Having said all that, I honestly think £1200 a week for Boco in L2 is a fair wage, but is perhaps an indication of where our budget will be.
A new hope.

#99 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Three observations: Of all the people who post stuff from their "sources" on here, I'd trust Phil's stuff most;

Bob's Board will be speculating like crazy about his wages from the moment he signs up, so I don't see there's any more harm in doing it, now;

How much of the demand put forward by Mr Boco and his representatives is actually the wedge to be paid to his representative? It might be that Boco is ok with 150% of his Stanley wage, but that the agent wants a sum equivalent to 100% of it, too. By mentioning agents in his post, I think Phil is actually hinting that the player's demands are not unreasonable, until you whack the agent's demands on, too.
Posted Image

#100 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostStuart Basson, on 05 May 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Three observations: Of all the people who post stuff from their "sources" on here, I'd trust Phil's stuff most;

Bob's Board will be speculating like crazy about his wages from the moment he signs up, so I don't see there's any more harm in doing it, now;

How much of the demand put forward by Mr Boco and his representatives is actually the wedge to be paid to his representative? It might be that Boco is ok with 150% of his Stanley wage, but that the agent wants a sum equivalent to 100% of it, too. By mentioning agents in his post, I think Phil is actually hinting that the player's demands are not unreasonable, until you whack the agent's demands on, too.

He should have said that instead of "Monsieur Boco is seeking 250% of his Accrington wages". Implying Boco was being unreasonable after agent advice.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users