• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rommy Boco Video

#141 User is offline   Dreaming Spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:First CFC match was in 1960 when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Always dreamed about seeing the lads win at Wembley and play in the second tier of the league and in a new stadium .... So, two out of three ain't bad !

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postmaccawozzagod, on 13 May 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

As a Stanley fan I'd love to hold on to Rommy for a few reasons.

1. he's a good player and we're short of them - and every May/June/July we become even shorter
2. he's a good guy.

There was a comment a little earlier about his career having not taken off and he's been at a few clubs, I think is as much down to him being a lonely fella who moved around a bit early on due to taking bad advice off people. At Accrington the first time around he was around 19/20 years old and just flown in from somewhere in France. His Engleesh is not gut at this moment in time and he was living in a flat above a launderette in a little towny village called Great Harwood. He used to come into the pub after matches and had a little entourage with him, lady on each arm and he would order
"your goodest champagne Mr Bar keeper"
"six quid Rommy"
That wasn't him being a flash *** in the arrogant way that you might expect Rio Ferdinand to behave, but a young man living the high life on three hundred quid!

He left Accy because he was lonely and wanted to be somewhere that offered more to do. So he went to Sligo! **** knows how they sold him that idea, but it was Cook who did. His career was good there and he continued to play International football for his native Benin. I don't know what happened next but he ended up at Sligo two or three times with spells in China and Burton in between.

This time around at Accy he has got back to loving playing football. He is important to the team and club, the fans love him and he has a settled home life with a young family - I could be entirely wrong but I don't think he really wants to move away. He knows that he could pick up 25-50% more wages at probably 10-15 clubs in the North, but he could spend the last 5 years of his career being unhappy. If its true that he's asked for triple wages at Chesterfield maybe he's taking that into account? We pay roughly half of a players true worth and he's asking for what he's worth and then some more to make it worthwhile, I cant see much wrong with that. By your own admissions you'd be soon on his back if he didn't hit the ground running, and as a confidence player it could destroy him, he then becomes another lightweight midfield player with a good touch and nothing else.

If he does sign for you then look after him please!

Thanks for the interesting insight and for taking the time to let us all know his background. Good luck for the forthcoming season.

#142 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

1. he's a good player and we're short of them - and every May/June/July we become even shorter
2. he's a good guy.

There was a comment a little earlier about his career having not taken off and he's been at a few clubs, I think is as much down to him being a lonely fella who moved around a bit early on due to taking bad advice off people. At Accrington the first time around he was around 19/20 years old and just flown in from somewhere in France. His Engleesh is not gut at this moment in time and he was living in a flat above a launderette in a little towny village called Great Harwood. He used to come into the pub after matches and had a little entourage with him, lady on each arm and he would order
"six quid Rommy"
That wasn't him being a flash *** in the arrogant way that you might expect Rio Ferdinand to behave, but a young man living the high life on three hundred quid!

He left Accy because he was lonely and wanted to be somewhere that offered more to do. So he went to Sligo! **** knows how they sold him that idea, but it was Cook who did. His career was good there and he continued to play International football for his native Benin. I don't know what happened next but he ended up at Sligo two or three times with spells in China and Burton in between.

This time around at Accy he has got back to loving playing football. He is important to the team and club, the fans love him and he has a settled home life with a young family - I could be entirely wrong but I don't think he really wants to move away. He knows that he could pick up 25-50% more wages at probably 10-15 clubs in the North, but he could spend the last 5 years of his career being unhappy. If its true that he's asked for triple wages at Chesterfield maybe he's taking that into account? We pay roughly half of a players true worth and he's asking for what he's worth and then some more to make it worthwhile, I cant see much wrong with that. By your own admissions you'd be soon on his back if he didn't hit the ground running, and as a confidence player it could destroy him, he then becomes another lightweight midfield player with a good touch and nothing else.

The words "another lightweight midfield player" frighten me more than anything...we have had them in there droves.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#143 User is offline   shaun1866 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 13 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

The words "another lightweight midfield player" frighten me more than anything...we have had them in there droves.

He also gave a good reason for why he would become that and our fans have done that to players in the past in droves too.

#144 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

I had to laugh at the bloke who thinks anyone could only be happy in Accrington and that it would take extra money to move from this paradise on Earth.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#145 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 13 May 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

I had to laugh at the bloke who thinks anyone could only be happy in Accrington and that it would take extra money to move from this paradise on Earth.

To be fair it is his/there home town club,i think we are lucky that we are better supported,i will never knock Saltergate but where we are now must be a million times better and it demands a better team etc,i say good luck to Accy it cannot be easy for them in there location lots of big clubs around them....

#146 User is offline   spireitenumber1 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

2. he's a good guy.

"six quid Rommy"

Cheers! Nice to know a bit more abou the player

#147 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

2. he's a good guy.

"six quid Rommy"

Thanks for taking the time out to provide some information on a player who you clearly enjoyed watching at Accrington Stanley. I am certain that if a player of Mr Boco's quality chose to joined Chesterfield FC as long as he put in 100% effort for the team he would be adored by the fans.

Good luck for next season and I hope when we visit you this coming season the weather is kinder than last time :lol:
Onwards & Upwards!

#148 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 May 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I thought our interest in Boco had cooled and Linganzi was the new target?

Well done Mike - spot on as always.
If only....

#149 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm told Boco has talked himself out of any deal at Town, making all manner of demands way beyond those someone with his limited pedigree should.

It seems he's used to being a big fish in the very small pond that is Accy. That's simply not gonna happen at CFC.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#150 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 17 June 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm told Boco has talked himself out of any deal at Town, making all manner of demands way beyond those someone with his limited pedigree should.

It seems he's used to being a big fish in the very small pond that is Accy. That's simply not gonna happen at CFC.

Listened to Chris Turner earlier on Radio Sheff and he stated that there was still interest in Boco.

#151 User is offline   Spire Power 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 17 June 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Listened to Chris Turner earlier on Radio Sheff and he stated that there was still interest in Boco.

The other Chris says it aint gonna happen. Which one do we believe?

#152 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

If suggest its probably a bit of both...as it stands he's pricing himself out of a move but if he was to reassess and lower his demands to a more realistic level then we'd still be interested in signing him.

#153 User is online   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Ego's. Many a career is killed by them.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#154 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostJonB, on 17 June 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

If suggest its probably a bit of both...as it stands he's pricing himself out of a move but if he was to reassess and lower his demands to a more realistic level then we'd still be interested in signing him.

If we sign someone else in the interim period whilst he considers his wage demands, it might not matter how much he drops his sights when he rejoins the real world

#155 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostSpire Power, on 17 June 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Personally I've no reason to doubt what either of them say.

We might sign him or we might not.

If we don't I'm sure Paul Cook will sign someone else,

All will be revealed in the next couple of weeks.

#156 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostSpire Power, on 17 June 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Both, yes there will still be interest in Boco if he realises he can't demand the Earth and him and his agent start being sensible.
Easy to understand really!
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users