• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eoin Doyle

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

19 goals in 20 games....will we be able to hold on to him in January??

His two goals today just showed what a dangerous striker he is, his variation in goals scored this season & movement, really makes a striker any team would have.

He must be absolutely buzzing at the moment, surely 30 goals must be his target this season

This post has been edited by Waller is my hero: 22 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

#2 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 22 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

His two goals today just showed what a dangerous striker he is, his variation in goals scored this season really makes a striker any team would have.

He must be absolutely buzzing at the moment, surely 30 goals must be his target this season

I hope we get a massive 7 figure bid for in Jan, after we have beaten a premier league side away from home in the 3rd round
A new hope.

#3 User is offline   Dotty Com 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Organising partner and kids in that order

Allotment - proper tasting veg!

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

His two goals today just showed what a dangerous striker he is, his variation in goals scored this season really makes a striker any team would have.

Unfortunately the answer to your question is no. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Doyle, Clucas and Raglan.

Banks is becoming a real concern
A triumph of hope over expectation

#4 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Second goal all thanks to a brilliant first touch...put the ball exactly where it needed to be straight away.

#5 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Someone on Peak said he's worth 2.5mil, I think that's wishful thinking! But he's now worth a lot more than I thought he'd ever be!! I wonder who'll come knocking?

#6 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostDotty Com, on 22 November 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Unfortunately the answer to your question is no. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Doyle, Clucas and Raglan.

Banks is becoming a real concern

Banks hasn't had a good run of games since coming back from injury because the squad is flooded with good midfielders. Today he played in Morsy role, a bit deep for him but nevertheless didn't do anything wrong. He isn't playing with a smile in his face as he was when he first broke thru from non league. Now the honeymoon is over and he needs encouragement as a valuable member of the squad not a question mark hanging over his head.

#7 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

[quote name='JonB' timestamp='1416679975' post='1056312']
Second goal all thanks to a brilliant first touch...put the ball exactly where it needed to be straight away.
And a great ball from Raglan. Both goals came from direct play which needs to be part of our overall play. Not much is coming from pretty football as we seem to run out of ideas in final quarter.

#8 Guest_djs_*

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

Noooooooo! Route1stinks! (If that what you mean by direct football!)

#9 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

Then it would have been 0-1 today. I only mean to mix it up with the odd ball as per Raglan today. On this point though why don't our full backs ever look for the ball from Tommy. Note Tommy gets the ball and sure enough Darikwa starts running up field not even wide which cramps us all up. This is totally against our footballing philosophy and surprises me that PC doesn't instruct it. I was always told as a kid to spread out when with the ball and crunch up and close down when without it. That was when I was a schoolboy at Liverpool under Ronnie Moran and Roy Evans. Isn't it the Liverpool way of the 70's/80's that Cookie wants us to play?

#10 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

View Postdjs, on 22 November 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

Noooooooo! Route1stinks! (If that what you mean by direct football!)

If Route 1 means a inch perfect pass, brilliant first touch and a clinical finish, that will do nicely
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#11 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Note Liverpool v Tottenham on YouTube, can't add the link using iphone. 1977, 7-0. See the direct play on 8.30 for the seventh and tell me that's not good. Points to note, John Duncan playing for Spurs, in those days goalkeepers weren't allowed to save penalty against Phil Neal. If they did then the ref just said take it again until he scored. And finally I'm an Everton fan!

#12 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostSixYardBox, on 22 November 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

Banks hasn't had a good run of games since coming back from injury because the squad is flooded with good midfielders. Today he played in Morsy role, a bit deep for him but nevertheless didn't do anything wrong. He isn't playing with a smile in his face as he was when he first broke thru from non league. Now the honeymoon is over and he needs encouragement as a valuable member of the squad not a question mark hanging over his head.

I think the question mark is not hanging over is head but half way down his back. I thought he was awful. How can somebody so big be so nesh?

#13 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

His two goals today just showed what a dangerous striker he is, his variation in goals scored this season & movement, really makes a striker any team would have.

Took them both very well today. I thought all our defence did well today as well

#14 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostSixYardBox, on 22 November 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Then it would have been 0-1 today. I only mean to mix it up with the odd ball as per Raglan today. On this point though why don't our full backs ever look for the ball from Tommy. Note Tommy gets the ball and sure enough Darikwa starts running up field not even wide which cramps us all up. This is totally against our footballing philosophy and surprises me that PC doesn't instruct it. I was always told as a kid to spread out when with the ball and crunch up and close down when without it. That was when I was a schoolboy at Liverpool under Ronnie Moran and Roy Evans. Isn't it the Liverpool way of the 70's/80's that Cookie wants us to play?

Numerous times he could have given it to Tendayi, but he chose to boot it long as I kept saying give it Tendayi. We've got to start playing out from the back as its crazy not to do with the personnel we've got. It's just handing them possession straight back!
#notapennymore

#15 Guest_djs_*

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

We win a game against an in form Barnsley outfit, playing what I consider some really attractive football and with a little more luck could have had another goal or two. An outstanding pass and an outstanding lob got us the points, but now people are getting critical cos of playing our possession football and not getting forward quick enough! I say again! We won the game!

#16 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

View Postdjs, on 22 November 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

We win a game against an in form Barnsley outfit, playing what I consider some really attractive football and with a little more luck could have had another goal or two. An outstanding pass and an outstanding lob got us the points, but now people are getting critical cos of playing our possession football and not getting forward quick enough! I say again! We won the game!

With the run we have had I would have settles today, for being outplayed for 90 minutes and winning it with an own goal off someone's backside. We just needed to win however it came

#17 User is offline   JIMBO 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

STEVE FLETCHER there today,scouting for Bournemouth....wonder if they were watching Doyle

#18 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

There is a massive difference between a Peter Kay have it smash up the field and Raglans 60 yard inch perfect pass to Doyle for our second goal

Give me Raglans pass over tippy tappy every time

#19 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

Official MOTM today, well deserved he was tireless

#20 Guest_djs_*

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

View Postwhittman, on 22 November 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

There is a massive difference between a Peter Kay have it smash up the field and Raglans 60 yard inch perfect pass to Doyle for our second goal

Give me Raglans pass over tippy tappy every time

Raglan's pass will hit its target possibly 1 time in say 7, not saying that it wasn't one hell of a pass, but keeping possession has got to be the way forward for this team! In other words 'tippy tappy' as you put it. It frustrates the opposition, draws them out and creates space behind a defensive midfield formation and the likes of Roberts and JoS thrive on and Doyler feeds off them both. There is a place for the long ball but it is a bit of a lottery when they reach around about the target. Today our numbers came up twice, and that'll do for me.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users