Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: And Still It Goes On! - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (86 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

And Still It Goes On! Rate Topic: -----

#1661 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2024 - 07:47 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 15 April 2024 - 08:13 AM, said:

Ian's friend grew up in Shepherds Bush / Brentford way, and is half Irish and half Indian. His comments was ignorant, he is far from it, but it was a reflection of the difference between the area he lived in and the area of North East Derbyshire I came from. He was right.

Breaking news! Stop the presses!

Man with eyes visits a provincial Northern European town sees the vast majority of the population are white!

Missing the point of course, deliberately so? why he felt the need to make such a comment, as if it was a surprise?

Total ignorance of the host population, expecting the whole of the UK to be like London. And yes I’m very familiar with Brentford, Hounslow Willesden , queensbury, Acton etc.

This post has been edited by Wooden Spoon: 16 April 2024 - 07:58 AM

A new hope.

#1662 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:11 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 16 April 2024 - 07:47 AM, said:

Breaking news! Stop the presses!

Man with eyes visits a provincial Northern European town sees the vast majority of the population are white!

Missing the point of course, deliberately so? why he felt the need to make such a comment, as if it was a surprise?

Total ignorance of the host population, expecting the whole of the UK to be like London. And yes I’m very familiar with Brentford, Hounslow Willesden , queensbury, Acton etc.

Well he'd worked in Wigan before so I guess he had seen the North but I doubt he had been to many places like Bolsover and most of his life was spent in a city - so it could have been a surprise... or maybe it was because he was asked what his thoughts of the place were (after we had been to Chatsworth, a couple of peak district villages and then Bolsover)

So is it ignorant to point out the difference to what he knew in those circumstances, I'd say not...or is it ignorant to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#1663 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:56 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 16 April 2024 - 09:11 AM, said:

Well he'd worked in Wigan before so I guess he had seen the North but I doubt he had been to many places like Bolsover and most of his life was spent in a city - so it could have been a surprise... or maybe it was because he was asked what his thoughts of the place were (after we had been to Chatsworth, a couple of peak district villages and then Bolsover)

So is it ignorant to point out the difference to what he knew in those circumstances, I'd say not...or is it ignorant to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts?

I’d imagine it’d be ignorant the other way around though

White guy who’s lived his life in Baslow goes to London and finds it a bit “dark”
JRID

#1664 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:11 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 16 April 2024 - 06:08 AM, said:

So it’s actually noteworthy when a stabbing attack ISNT Islamic 😂

Anyroad, status quo is resumed pretty quickly

https://www.aljazeer...-act-police-say

a laughing emoji? really?

few weeks ago someone was murdered in the leafy streets of creswell, not 5min walk from your house which resulted in nothing from you.
yet you go wild over any nutjob slaughtering innocents the other side of the world.
nothing to do with colour/religion though.

you are a sad strange individual.

#1665 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:41 PM

Sound familiar....?

https://www.mirror.c...=more_like_this
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1666 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:51 PM

Well we could guess who many Labour MPs would cheer for in an Iran Isreal escalation! Worrying that many of them will be in government soon.
One Labour loon even demanding that the RAF shoot down Israeli missiles aimed at Hamas.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 16 April 2024 - 06:56 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#1667 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:10 AM

View Postisleaiw1, on 16 April 2024 - 09:11 AM, said:

So bolsover castle, chatsworth, the Peak District. What do you think?

Not picturesque? Not Rural? Not quiet? No, “very white” hmmmm
A new hope.

#1668 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2024 - 08:31 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 16 April 2024 - 06:51 PM, said:

Well we could guess who many Labour MPs would cheer for in an Iran Isreal escalation! Worrying that many of them will be in government soon.
One Labour loon even demanding that the RAF shoot down Israeli missiles aimed at Hamas.

I’d doubt anyone wants an escalation of this conflict. It need the opposite - it needs talks NOW between the criminal organisation Hamas and the criminal Netanyahu regime to end hostilities, release hostages, get aid in and bothe criminal regimes out.
A new hope.

#1669 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2024 - 08:33 AM

This post has been edited by Wooden Spoon: 17 April 2024 - 08:34 AM

A new hope.

#1670 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:12 AM

View PostWooden Spoon, on 17 April 2024 - 07:10 AM, said:

So bolsover castle, chatsworth, the Peak District. What do you think?

Not picturesque? Not Rural? Not quiet? No, “very white” hmmmm

I'm not sure what you are trying to make of it, he did obviously point out other elements (cheap being one of them!) but the relevant part of the many things he said was very white. Not an insult, not making a thing of it, just a fact.... compared to what he was used to and being from an Irish Indian background. He also looked white (except after a holiday abroad), so much so that when we went to an Indian restaurant and ordered a very hot dish they advised against it until he spoke in Punjabi to them...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#1671 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:57 AM

The media manipulation never ends

"Marinoaica, of Darlastan, Walsall, West Midlands"

https://amp.theguard...nd-a-half-years
JRID

#1672 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 25 April 2024 - 12:42 PM

Search & Destroy, on 25 April 2024 - 11:57 AM, said:

I guess you’re implying because of the surname he wasn’t born in the U.K.?

What if he’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation or more who were born in the U.K.?

Article doesn’t mention any of that but you’re still trying to make some cheap point.
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#1673 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 03:48 PM

Travelled around Europe before making his way to the UK illegally.

Interesting interpretation of this individual from his own solicitor.

https://t.co/c4mAJwwfJf

#1674 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:14 PM

s42blue, on 25 April 2024 - 12:42 PM, said:

I guess you’re implying because of the surname he wasn’t born in the U.K.?

What if he’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation or more who were born in the U.K.?

Article doesn’t mention any of that but you’re still trying to make some cheap point.

I choose to simply chuckle at the dwindling collection of bigots and 'ists and 'phobes these days.

I mean - who're the ones really hurting?

Consider this: we walk down any high street in Britain and witness a full rainbow of diversity. We turn on our TV's and witness a full rainbow of diversity. We tune in our radios, open our magazines or follow our favourite football clubs and witness a full rainbow of diversity ( https://www.derbyshi...gesture-4605344 ).

Which the overwhelming moral majority shrug their shoulders and take in their stride. Knowing full well many, probably most modern families are populated by that rainbow of diversity too.

So let's leave the prejudiced to wallow in their cess pit of hate whilst the rest of society integrates and evolves as it's pretty much always done...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 25 April 2024 - 04:37 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#1675 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:40 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 25 April 2024 - 11:57 AM, said:

Obviously unconnected to the character of the person in your post, but do you have any advice for the club as to how you'd like it to describe the 'of' of those of our players who are eligible to play for countries other than England, or who have names that you might not class as English?

You've dug your hole (again) after all.

#1676 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:42 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 25 April 2024 - 04:14 PM, said:

I choose to simply chuckle at the dwindling collection of bigots and 'ists and 'phobes these days.

Consider this: we walk down any high street in Britain and witness a full rainbow of diversity. We turn on our TV's and witness a full rainbow of diversity. We tune in our radios, open our magazines or follow our favourite football clubs and witness a full rainbow of diversity ( https://www.derbyshi...gesture-4605344 ).

Which the overwhelming moral majority shrug their shoulders and take in their stride. Knowing full well many, probably most modern families are populated by that rainbow of diversity too.

So let's leave the prejudiced to wallow in their cess pit of hate whilst the rest of society integrates and evolves as it's pretty much always done...

How’s that integration going for the Jewish people in London at the moment?
Let’s not try to make out the “cess pit of hate” is only present in one line of the population!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 25 April 2024 - 04:45 PM

#1677 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 08:19 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 25 April 2024 - 04:14 PM, said:

“Dwindling collection of bigots ‘ists and ‘phobes” I’d say that collection is growing at an alarming rate, and not necessarily from the demographic you’d like us to believe it’s coming from.
“Dwindling collection of ists?”…how about anti semites? Are they dwindling?
The “over whelming moral majority?” How do you know these figures? What’s your source? And what’s “moral”, your view of morality? Or do you just assume, that in a closeted left wing utopia, everyone sees it that way?
And “society integrates?” really! I’d say the rising problems throughout society are because society doesn’t integrate. And again the lack of integration isn’t from the demographic you’d like us to think it’s from. So many good points but, in my opinion, twisted in a way that suits to slurring and smearing those with an opposing view.
Sadly it’s not the utopia you’d want us all to believe it is. Far from it.
You seem to want to paint a picture of a land of multi cultural and diverse “milk and honey”. The reality simply isn’t that at all. And the problems arnt comimg from the demographic you’d like us all to think they are. The failure to accept the problems, is the problem itself!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 25 April 2024 - 09:17 PM

#1678 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:39 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 April 2024 - 08:19 PM, said:

“Dwindling collection of bigots ‘ists and ‘phobes” I’d say that collection is growing at an alarming rate, and not necessarily from the demographic you’d like us to believe it’s coming from.
“Dwindling collection of ists?”…how about anti semites? Are they dwindling?
The “over whelming moral majority?” How do you know these figures? What’s your source? And what’s “moral”, your view of morality? Or do you just assume, that in a closeted left wing utopia, everyone sees it that way?
And “society integrates?” really! I’d say the rising problems throughout society are because society doesn’t integrate. And again the lack of integration isn’t from the demographic you’d like us to think it’s from. So many good points but, in my opinion, twisted in a way that suits to slurring and smearing those with an opposing view.
Sadly it’s not the utopia you’d want us all to believe it is. Far from it.
You seem to want to paint a picture of a land of multi cultural and diverse “milk and honey”. The reality simply isn’t that at all. And the problems arnt comimg from the demographic you’d like us all to think they are. The failure to accept the problems, is the problem itself!

Apparently more Labour voters are moving to reform than Tory so where do the ists really come from...?
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#1679 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:08 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 25 April 2024 - 09:39 PM, said:

Apparently more Labour voters are moving to reform than Tory so where do the ists really come from...?

At this present time I’d say those with isms, ists, phobias or whatever term people want to throw around with reckless abandon are certainly coming from areas of the left.

#1680 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:20 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 25 April 2024 - 04:14 PM, said:

Apologies for revisiting this post again, but the more I read it the more I disagree with it, it’s a personal view painted as fact, when it’s not. There’s no substance to it. It’s just high horse pontificating, a finger pointing exercise in self righteousness that decends into left wing parody.
“We walk down any high street in Britain and witness a full rainbow of diversity”..no we don’t , that’s simply not true. You might want to paint that picture, as do the leftist metropolitan elite..thats a retort to the boring “Mailesque” quote btw, but it’s not reality!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 25 April 2024 - 10:30 PM

Share this topic:

• (86 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users