• You cannot reply to this topic

Job Done Well almost

#1 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

Well done Rico your crazy managemnt skills have almost killed off any chance of the play offs now, I am sure you will complete the task next week. We will be in this dire excuse of a league for years to come now. Thanks Rico for your efforts but please close the door on the way out

This post has been edited by fishini: 12 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#2 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

View Postfishini, on Apr 12 2008, 09:07 PM, said:

Well done Rico your crazy managemnt skills have almost killed off any chance of the play offs now, I am sure you will complete the task next week.

Wishfull thinking? ............ I suppose whoever eventually takes over from Rico will have to get used to this sort of retoric.

#3 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

Well done Rico your crazy managemnt skills have almost killed off any chance of the play offs now, I am sure you will complete the task next week. We will be in this dire excuse of a league for years to come now. Thanks Rico for your efforts but please close the door on the way out

HERE HERE
R.I.P Saltergate

#4 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

View Postdjs, on Apr 12 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

Wishfull thinking? ............ I suppose whoever eventually takes over from Rico will have to get used to this sort of retoric.

You think Rico has done a good job then?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#5 Guest_djs_*

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

View Postfishini, on Apr 12 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

You think Rico has done a good job then?

His biggest mistake was the preseason statement he was supposed to have made. Which gave us all an expectation above what, if we admit, we all could have hoped for. That set the level for the season. Above that there was very little but below that there was along way to fall. So there was no manoeverabillity for the man.
I respect Rico for stating his intent,waring his heart on his sleeve and sticking to his game plan in the main. I do believe that if Knill would have stayed the playoffs would have been secured by now, but the midseason upheaval of him leaving did upset his said game plan. Even though the replacement could be as good in time.
In retrospect he could have toned down his preseason comments and took the pressure of himself and the players a bit.
As far as a good job. Well I would say for a manager in his first season in the roll pushing for promotion in the top 7 or 8 for 99% of the season ( without the preseason boasts ) you can't say that he's done a bad job. But our expectations were high from day one so I would have to say if we don't make the playoffs he has not done a great job. But he's not done a disasterous one either.

#6 User is offline   boratcfc 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

View Postdjs, on Apr 12 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

His biggest mistake was the preseason statement he was supposed to have made. Which gave us all an expectation above what, if we admit, we all could have hoped for. That set the level for the season. Above that there was very little but below that there was along way to fall. So there was no manoeverabillity for the man.
I respect Rico for stating his intent,waring his heart on his sleeve and sticking to his game plan in the main. I do believe that if Knill would have stayed the playoffs would have been secured by now, but the midseason upheaval of him leaving did upset his said game plan. Even though the replacement could be as good in time.
In retrospect he could have toned down his preseason comments and took the pressure of himself and the players a bit.
As far as a good job. Well I would say for a manager in his first season in the roll pushing for promotion in the top 7 or 8 for 99% of the season ( without the preseason boasts ) you can't say that he's done a bad job. But our expectations were high from day one so I would have to say if we don't make the playoffs he has not done a great job. But he's not done a disasterous one either.

how can u say hes not done a bad job!!! wen he took over from mac we wernt even in the relegation zone. HE GOT US RELEGATED. took us to cheltenham easter monday and played for a draw even tho a win would have taken us above them. then they gave him the job just cant believe he got it. as for this season season are u forgetting the team weve got? rushbury wud have got us promoted with wot weve got!!

#7 Guest_djs_*

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

View Postboratcfc, on Apr 12 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

how can u say hes not done a bad job!!! wen he took over from mac we wernt even in the relegation zone. HE GOT US RELEGATED. took us to cheltenham easter monday and played for a draw even tho a win would have taken us above them. then they gave him the job just cant believe he got it. as for this season season are u forgetting the team weve got? rushbury wud have got us promoted with wot weve got!!

We were down and out before Rico took over, it was near on impossible to lift the players at that stage and with Wardy (the supposed saviour) a long term injury. But that is history.
So I stand by my original statement as far as this season is concerned.

#8 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:30 AM

View Postdjs, on Apr 12 2008, 10:40 PM, said:

We were down and out before Rico took over, it was near on impossible to lift the players at that stage and with Wardy (the supposed saviour) a long term injury. But that is history.
So I stand by my original statement as far as this season is concerned.

You talk crap mate We got Rooney he would not play him.
Ward was not pulling any trees up he dropped Rooney played a unfit ward,
And you think he as done a good job!!!
R.I.P Saltergate

#9 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

View Postsammythespire, on Apr 13 2008, 04:30 AM, said:

Sorry but I have lost all faith in this guy Players played out of position Ward played on the wing when clearly when put in the centre he can score goals. Bringing untried players in because of what appears to be a personal problem with O Hare Sorry but the rashness of making statements like if we dont get promotion I COULD GET THE SACK is going to get the fans irate. If we have to regard 8th place as a good season the club are lacking any ambition. This league despite having some good teams we should have sealed a play off berth and pushing hard to go top three. Ricco as gone on record as saying we didnt have the nounce to push on and win matches this includes management. I dont mind been wrong but next season could prove harder than this, do we then say 15th will be a good finish.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#10 Guest_djs_*

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

View Postsammythespire, on Apr 13 2008, 04:30 AM, said:

I have my opinion. And I hope I give it with respect to other posters. You obviously have the monopoly on unbias, constructive, and informed coments.
You take sound bites from the season and don't look at it as the whole picture.
As far as Rooney was concerned he was'nt prolific with his goals but as of late Ward has been....point proved!.... possibly the right decision, and does he score regularly at Bury.
Rico has'nt done an outstanding job but he certainly has'nt done a bad job.

#11 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

View Postdjs, on Apr 13 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

I have my opinion. And I hope I give it with respect to other posters. You obviously have the monopoly on unbias, constructive, and informed coments.
As far as Rooney was concerned he was'nt prolific with his goals but as of late Ward has been....point proved!.... possibly the right decision, and does he score regularly at Bury.

I agree with you pal, i mean on paper we look like having enough to storm the league, but on the pitch its different. Lets face it, how many teams that go down to league 2, come up straight away? Look at bradford and rotherham...

I'm not saying i'm happy with the season, no one is..

But i think a season adapting could actually pay divident when it comes to next year
Carson Out.

#12 User is offline   buxton blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

i must agree this manager just hasnt got a clue when we need to change things around
yesterday at morecombe i think only the back 4 where playing in postion neven was all over the place , ward ran his sock as usual dyer what a waste os space , whos goint to go then at end of the season players and management ?

#13 User is offline   cfcfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

View Postbuxton blue, on Apr 13 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

i must agree this manager just hasnt got a clue when we need to change things around
yesterday at morecombe i think only the back 4 where playing in postion neven was all over the place , ward ran his sock as usual dyer what a waste os space , whos goint to go then at end of the season players and management ?

As soon as we now the we definetly will not be in the play offs then Rico has to go. Whoever takes over will then have possibley 2 games to asses the squad and have ideas at what areas he needs to strengthen in the summer.

#14 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

View Postdjs, on Apr 13 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

I know that are winding me up now.
If you had gone yesterday to watch that rubbish you would have seen what a bad job he as done.
If you are happy with are position this season you have lost the plot like Rico as.
R.I.P Saltergate

#15 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

View Postcfcfan, on Apr 13 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

As soon as we now the we definetly will not be in the play offs then Rico has to go. Whoever takes over will then have possibley 2 games to asses the squad and have ideas at what areas he needs to strengthen in the summer.

Like goalkeeper,centre half,midfield,winger you mean like Rico knew last season you mean.
R.I.P Saltergate

#16 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

Ok shurrup, the season hasn't only been full of negatives. Surprisingly, some of our fans can only see the negatives <_<

#17 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

View PostHaslandboi, on Apr 13 2008, 01:36 PM, said:

Ok shurrup, the season hasn't only been full of negatives. Surprisingly, some of our fans can only see the negatives <_<

SO what positives can we take out of the season?
Lets think.........
Fa cup first round Out
Leauge Cup first round Out
Paint pot cup first round Out.
Anymore.........
Oh yes 6 points off Mansfelt.

This post has been edited by sammythespire: 13 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

R.I.P Saltergate

#18 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

Ha, I'm not gonna bother. Thats it, keep thinking about the negatives, that'll get you far in life.

Actually, I'll say a few;

Jack Lester
Janos Kovacs
Jamie Lowry
Some fantastic attacking football

This post has been edited by Haslandboi: 13 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

#19 User is offline   sammythespire 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

View PostHaslandboi, on Apr 13 2008, 01:59 PM, said:

Ha, I'm not gonna bother. Thats it, keep thinking about the negatives, that'll get you far in life.

Actually, I'll say a few;

Jack Lester
Janos Kovacs
Jamie LowrySome fantastic attacking football

Oh yes when he picks him you mean!!
Best left back we have can not even get on the pitch.
Lester will be off in the summer trust me he as had enough as well.
I would not say Kovacs is A star player he is a fair player yes.
If we still had Blathers he would not get a start mate.
You have come up with 3 positives out of a full season that say it all.
Lets face it Rico as failed this season end of the story.
R.I.P Saltergate

#20 User is offline   Bugerov 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

View Postsammythespire, on Apr 13 2008, 02:11 PM, said:

Oh yes when he picks him you mean!!
Best left back we have can not even get on the pitch.
Lester will be off in the summer trust me he as had enough as well.
I would not say Kovacs is A star player he is a fair player yes.
If we still had Blathers he would not get a start mate.
You have come up with 3 positives out of a full season that say it all.
Lets face it Rico as failed this season end of the story.

Took him 30 games to realise we needed a centre half and 40 to bring one in
Now, after 43 games, he says there is "no leader" in the team!
Bring Sakashvili to justice

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users