Arthur Albiston?

None of these, yet. Thanks.

#102 User is offline   bluebottle 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 08 September 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

Is there a full list of who's been done as I'm wanting to know if it's time for me to cough up or if I've got a little longer to hold onto my fifty pence piece :blush:

Ha. I haven't got a full 'written' list. I have a print out with all the players and I'm marking them off as I go. I have to say, though, I'm intrigued. Can I have a clue?

Maybe we could play a sort of 'Guess Who?' We can ask you 'yes or no' questions and I'll draw who I think it's been narrowed down to.

#103 User is offline   bluebottle 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:01 PM

View Post70s Vivo, on 08 September 2016 - 06:42 PM, said:

Keith Kettleborough should be quite a good one. Not sure of the correct spelling though.

I've done him. The thing is with these sort you'd think they'd be easy. Like him, Derek Niven, Danny Whitaker...

But in actual fact they are a bit more difficult because it's a fine line between lookalike and ludicrous!

#104 User is offline   bluebottle 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:35 PM

I do hope people realise I was joking about the 'no new signings':

http://www.derbyshir...badly-1-8115272

#105 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

View Postbluebottle, on 08 September 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Ha. I haven't got a full 'written' list. I have a print out with all the players and I'm marking them off as I go. I have to say, though, I'm intrigued. Can I have a clue?

Maybe we could play a sort of 'Guess Who?' We can ask you 'yes or no' questions and I'll draw who I think it's been narrowed down to.

Lol, fire away! Though I'm sure everyone else would get a bit bored (hangs on to his 50 pence a little longer :sunglasses )
#notapennymore

#106 User is offline   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:27 PM

View Postbluebottle, on 08 September 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

I've done him. The thing is with these sort you'd think they'd be easy. Like him, Derek Niven, Danny Whitaker...

But in actual fact they are a bit more difficult because it's a fine line between lookalike and ludicrous!

I cannot draw anything at all, so I am full of admiration for people who can draw and paint.
I was a procedure writer for the offshore Oil and Gas Industry before I retired and I used to get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from the end product, and from peoples positive comments regarding them, so I suspect you get the same sort of feelings when you get good feedback. However your drawings are in a different league to my old procedures, they are excellent.

I will try and drop a few of the old players names into the mix when I remember them, because even thought some of them may have already been done, the suggestions still raise some good memories for some of the lads - ie Karl earlier regarding his mum and dad.

Keep up the good work. Also please keep reminding everyone how they can donate.

Frank Lord?

#107 User is offline   bluebottle 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:08 PM

View Post70s Vivo, on 08 September 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

I cannot draw anything at all, so I am full of admiration for people who can draw and paint.
I was a procedure writer for the offshore Oil and Gas Industry before I retired and I used to get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction from the end product, and from peoples positive comments regarding them, so I suspect you get the same sort of feelings when you get good feedback. However your drawings are in a different league to my old procedures, they are excellent.

I will try and drop a few of the old players names into the mix when I remember them, because even thought some of them may have already been done, the suggestions still raise some good memories for some of the lads - ie Karl earlier regarding his mum and dad.

Keep up the good work. Also please keep reminding everyone how they can donate.

Frank Lord?

Thank you very much. That's great. I do struggle asking for donations. Even though it's for charity and that's the whole point, I always feel I'm begging, if you get me? My wife keeps nagging me to put on how they can donate, too.

The feedback has been excellent and on here especially. As I said in my blog, posting on here was a thing I definitely needed to do, but I was worried about the response. However, I've been blown away. Everyone has taken it in the good humour it was intended as well as the serious side on raising money for DementiaUK and, of course, #TeamErnie.

I feel I'm constantly saying 'thank you' but I mean it everytime. The praise and 'Keep going' messages are just amazing!

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 08 September 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

Lol, fire away! Though I'm sure everyone else would get a bit bored (hangs on to his 50 pence a little longer :sunglasses )

Okay. Now, I don't know you so I'm starting from scratch here. I imagine said player doesn't wear glasses, so...

Does he have hair?

#108 User is offline   Cfc4me 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:24 AM

Maybe you could get some printed up on t-shirts, I'm sure lots of fans would want to buy one.

Also have you drawn cllr Ron Mihaly yet, can't wait to see that one!

#109 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostCfc4me, on 09 September 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Maybe you could get some printed up on t-shirts, I'm sure lots of fans would want to buy one.

Also have you drawn cllr Ron Mihaly yet, can't wait to see that one!

Ron 😂

T-shirts are a great idea. I'd buy one.

#110 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

View Postbluebottle, on 08 September 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

Thank you very much. That's great. I do struggle asking for donations. Even though it's for charity and that's the whole point, I always feel I'm begging, if you get me? My wife keeps nagging me to put on how they can donate, too.

The feedback has been excellent and on here especially. As I said in my blog, posting on here was a thing I definitely needed to do, but I was worried about the response. However, I've been blown away. Everyone has taken it in the good humour it was intended as well as the serious side on raising money for DementiaUK and, of course, #TeamErnie.

I feel I'm constantly saying 'thank you' but I mean it everytime. The praise and 'Keep going' messages are just amazing!

Okay. Now, I don't know you so I'm starting from scratch here. I imagine said player doesn't wear glasses, so...

Does he have hair?

This could be a long drawn out and dull game, but here goes... Yes to hair and who's knows about the glasses, he may well do now :rolleyes:
#notapennymore

#111 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

Jamie Lomas and his 90s curtains!
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#112 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:44 AM

Brilliant work this. Can't Wait for some t-shirtage to appear!

Young lad played a game in goal at Wycombe in 95/96. Youth teamer I think. David Pierce?

#113 User is offline   oohwallerwaller 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:09 AM

Local lads David Hoole and Steve Taylor??

#114 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

Richard, have you any plans to take your work to a wider audience, namely people who don't use facebook or twitter.

#115 User is offline   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 10 September 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

Richard, have you any plans to take your work to a wider audience, namely people who don't use facebook or twitter.

Good suggestion and also same regarding how to purchase/donate.

I was thinking how great it would be to go to the home games and see loads of town fans with tee shirts on with their favourite player/character printed on them. That would create some interesting discussions and bring back loads of memories from many eras.

Another couple of names from the past:
Frank Lord (Oh Lordy, kick him in the bxxxxxxs, Oh Lordy him in the head........). I think that is what they used to sing on the kop. Anyone else remember?
Also two local lads John and Dave Hickton from Brimington.

#116 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

Some of the players reactions to the pictures 😁

https://youtu.be/tXSVjg9BpJk

#117 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 10 September 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Some of the players reactions to the pictures 😁

https://youtu.be/tXSVjg9BpJk

Top stuff...
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#118 User is offline   bluebottle 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:59 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 10 September 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

To be honest, I don't know.

The thing is, when I started I didn't expect such a great reception so I just started posting on Facebook and Twitter. The club and DT have put pictures up, but again with links to Facebook and Twitter.

I'm certainly no genius when it comes to technology so I don't really know. If you, or anyone else, can think of anything that'd be great. Id love to spread it further.

As for the donations side, the plan has always been to make the money from items with prints on. The JustGiving was for something along the way, but again it's going better than I expected.

The above suggestions will all go on the list. Thanks.

#119 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

Maybe you could group your drawings into a single print for each season to then sell.

Another thought would be for each players drawing to be made into pocket sized cards to sell for fans to collect.

You could also auction off your orginal drawing of each player to help raise funds for the charity, perhaps getting said player to sign, where practical, to add value.

#120 User is offline   bluebottle 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

View Postmoondog, on 11 September 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

Maybe you could group your drawings into a single print for each season to then sell.

Another thought would be for each players drawing to be made into pocket sized cards to sell for fans to collect.

You could also auction off your orginal drawing of each player to help raise funds for the charity, perhaps getting said player to sign, where practical, to add value.

Love the trading card type idea. That's great. I think someone else mentioned something similar. I do like that. Thanks.

I have played with putting them into teams for my own amusement. The only thing with that is the kits don't always match up. For instance, Ian Evatt is in a kit from a couple of seasons ago. But I think I could get away with that. Another good idea.

As for selling the originals...I think I may have to see. I'm growing quite attached to them the more I do. If I sold them it may have to be the whole lot, rather than splitting them up. I could see all the best ones going and me being left with a lonely John Narbett or something.

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users