• You cannot reply to this topic

Nl New Year Games

#41 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2023 - 04:49 PM

F*cking Barnet now winning 1-0 😡
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#42 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 30 December 2023 - 04:50 PM

Barnet winning 1-0. Southend missed a one-on -one earlier. Shocking game<div>Now game over<br>&nbsp;

<div>Well if these are our some of our main contenders we’ve got nothing to worry about. Yes we lost our last game which we should have won out of sight but these teams don’t deserve to be on the same level.</div><div>Bromley might be breathing down our necks but no team can go unbeaten all season. They’ll slip up too along the way. As long as we put our own performances back on track straight away (by not making too many unnecessary changes to the team for every match) I can’t see any other team being near us at the end of the season.</div></div><div>Big game Monday to put a wrong right</div>

This post has been edited by Cum on u blues: 30 December 2023 - 05:07 PM

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:04 PM

View PostBreadNoButter, on 30 December 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

At the moment no, secure investors. If we don’t go up, yes. There was a board meeting last Thursday or Friday can’t remember which, but outside investors basically said they’re pulling the plug if promotion fails this season, no idea why now they’ve changed their stance on timing. Their investment are currently plastering over a crack at the club. Promoted..then the crack is fully plugged for foreseeable, if not, tear off the plaster.

If someone tells you we are going to play home games on the moon, don’t post it.

At the moment no, secure investors. If we don’t go up, yes. There was a board meeting last Thursday or Friday can’t remember which, but outside investors basically said they’re pulling the plug if promotion fails this season, no idea why now they’ve changed their stance on timing. Their investment are currently plastering over a crack at the club. Promoted..then the crack is fully plugged for foreseeable, if not, tear off the plaster.

If someone tells you we are going to play home games on the moon, don’t post it.

#44 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:05 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 30 December 2023 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yep it’s frustrating. After 24 games we could have had another 13 points if we hadn’t drawn two games and lost three. Nevertheless we are hammering this league and are in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. I don’t doubt that we have the financial clout to strengthen the squad if we remotely wanted to. If you’re not enjoying this season you probably need to bale out and take up pottery.

We’re only 4 points clear, we aren’t hammering the league. Still in a great position granted but the pressure can mount.
East stand second class citizen.

#45 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:06 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 30 December 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

Oh no. That’s us not winning the league now then. Be here another 10 years at least. Can’t believe it.

#46 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:09 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 December 2023 - 05:05 PM, said:

We’re only 4 points clear, we aren’t hammering the league. Still in a great position granted but the pressure can mount.

The losses to Southend and Solihull shows that we can be beaten on the day. If we turn up underprepared anyone can beat us in this league. The annoying thing is that all 3 losses we gave the points to the opposition without them earning them.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#47 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:17 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 30 December 2023 - 05:09 PM, said:

The losses to Southend and Solihull shows that we can be beaten on the day. If we turn up underprepared anyone can beat us in this league. The annoying thing is that all 3 losses we gave the points to the opposition without them earning them.

Yeah absolutely shocking that we’ve lost games this season. Teams who have ambitions of winning the league should not be losing games of football. Need to win at least 40 games in the season. I’d be relatively happy with that and 6 draws. Unfortunately not to be this season. Bromley’s to lose now I reckon. Cook out.

#48 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:20 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 30 December 2023 - 04:49 PM, said:

Who gives a **** honestly?! They’re sh**

#49 User is offline   Cum on u blues 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:23 PM

Cum on u blues said:

1703955041[/url]' post='1793323']
Barnet winning 1-0. Southend missed a one-on -one earlier. Shocking game<div>Now game over<br>&nbsp;

<div>Well if these are our some of our main contenders we’ve got nothing to worry about. Yes we lost our last game which we should have won out of sight but these teams don’t deserve to be on the same level.</div><div>Bromley might be breathing down our necks but no team can go unbeaten all season. They’ll slip up too along the way. As long as we put our own performances back on track straight away (by not making too many unnecessary changes to the team for every match) I can’t see any other team being near us at the end of the season.</div></div><div>Big game Monday to put a wrong right</div>

#50 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 05:30 PM

Look at the debt Notts county carried forward this season but 2.1 Mill for TV and academy funding back and so far record gates for league 2 and bigger away attendance every home game and wind your neck just get behind the team instead of having a paddy like my little grandson had to day but I forgot he is only 20 months

#51 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:00 PM

We don't have outside investors, the Kirk Brothers are on the board

#52 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:04 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 30 December 2023 - 05:09 PM, said:

Do you actually sanity check what you troll post?

'We can be beaten on the day' - yes, same goes for any team, any division, any country, any sport. I don't think any of our supporters believe we are invincible but as evidenced in our league position and results so far, we are one of, if not the, strongest teams in the division.

'If we turn up underprepared anyone can beat us in this league' - yes, same goes for any team in this division, and for the divisions above etc. I really don't believe Cook et al allow us to turn up to any game under-prepared... do you?

C- Must try harder with your trolling, Gordon

#53 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:10 PM

[quote name='gordon_brittas' timestamp='1703956183' post='1793329']

Lost three league games all away all season.You are whinging fool.

#54 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:36 PM

For Heavens sake get a grip !!
The teams in second and third place behind us win a home game each....on a day we didn't even play!!
Not to mention the games we have in hand....

#55 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:39 PM

View Postspireitedave, on 30 December 2023 - 06:36 PM, said:

For Heavens sake get a grip !!
The teams in second and third place behind us win a home game each....on a day we didn't even play!!
Not to mention the games we have in hand....

Bromley have gained 6 points on us in 5 days, and please don’t mention the games in hand, they’re irrelevant until they’re played and points won.
Some sensible people are pointing out there’s a still a long way to go
East stand second class citizen.

#56 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:39 PM

Do folk realise that the reason Bromley are now ‘only’ 4 points behind us is BECAUSE they’ve played three more games.

Of course having the points outweighs having games in hand but do folk understand we’ve currently got both? Four points ahead AND three games in hand.

#57 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:42 PM

There is a long way to go but I would rather be in our position than Bromley,s and I imagine their fans would agree !
Just a reminder our players need that nothing is won yet and to remain focused.

#58 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:49 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 December 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

Bromley have gained 6 points on us in 5 days, and please don’t mention the games in hand, they’re irrelevant until they’re played and points won.
And the usual loons revell in it.

#59 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 06:59 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 30 December 2023 - 06:39 PM, said:

Of course there's a long way to go. That's been the case all season to date. In fact, it's the same for every team in every league.

However, 3 home games in hand plus 4 points to the good and a healthy goal differece isn't a wrist slitting position to be in. In fact, I would suggest the Bromley's and the Barnet's of this world would swap positions without the slightest hesitation if offered. We might not win all our games in hand but I reckon there's a good chance we'll take a minimum of 3 points from those 3 home games. That would stretch our lead to 7 points and any improvement on 3 points would stretch it further so those games are not as irrelevant as you say they are.

For a little time the situation has been that it's ours to lose. That isn't overconfidence but fact. That hasn't changed because results have gone the way they were expected to go today.

#60 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2023 - 07:29 PM

View Posttomjoad, on 30 December 2023 - 06:49 PM, said:

And the usual loons revell in it.

I know i'm hoping the 3-4 daily moaners pass a new years resolution to cheer the f**k up

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users