Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#1521 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:25 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 24 May 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Oxford Academy is most definitely a state run secondary school just outside the city.

I fail to see any possible link ?

Is this where the idea comes from? Oxford United Academy

And this could be the "syllabus" that CT refers to: Oh look...another BTEC course

#1522 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostBonnyman, on 24 May 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

I notice sean o neil was not mentioned yet he left because he was i believe not payed or not payed on time, was it because he was too big a name to bring up, im pretty sure a man of seans standing and respect at the club would not leave if everything was as hunky dory as CT implies.

Great point, Bonny.

He left weeks before the other lads and to date, he's kept his counsel. However, judging by his lads comment on Twitter back at the beginning of April, it doesn't take a genius to join up the dots!

#1523 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

I think the email is immaterial really, in fact it seems a good thing to highlight concerns

It doesn't look like the cancellation was forced on the parents - DC made them aware of concerns, parents decided to cancel - sorry, just cannot see anything wrong with that as a process

unless you are saying that the DC wanted the trip cancelled so they could potentially keep the money, which also doesn't seem the case as they are slowly paying it back apparently

The trip cancellation and speed of refunds due to money having been paid to a travel company that wouldn't have been refunded looks like the least of the DCs issues to be honest

More worried about how they have managed to lose so much money and be 77k in the hole, even if they pay back 35 families £650 that's only just over 20 grand, how have they managed to lose the rest?

I can speak freely enough to say a lot of the parents opted for cancellation and refund because they didn't want their money leaving in credit with development a second longer.

It was either full on trip or not at all. And yes it seems they are paying it back slowly too which is a good thing.

Lots of contributing factors are into this that can't be revealed on this board I'm afraid and that's not a kop out.

And the £77k of debt was LAST years accounts. So any excess over that in staff wages, or trips, or scholars rent and deposits, and debts that are still outstanding is to be added on surplus to that amount.

#1524 User is offline   Morgan5 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:47 PM

This is the contract my son signed on CFC headed paper. It clearly states he will start his studies at Loughbrough college in September 2013. He never went anywhere near this college at anytime. They were being tutored at the stadium before they eventually transferred to Chesterfield college where they finished their first year. The second year due to Liam Sutcliffe having a fall out with chesterfield college they did it with a tutor at gosforth valley run I think by VLUK ( virtual learning uk). So goodness knows what they mean by Oxford Academy knowing the afore mentioned LS he's probably linking it with Oxford university. I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Attached File(s)

#1525 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:53 PM

View PostMorgan5, on 24 May 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

This is the contract my son signed on CFC headed paper. It clearly states he will start his studies at Loughbrough college in September 2013. He never went anywhere near this college at anytime. They were being tutored at the stadium before they eventually transferred to Chesterfield college where they finished their first year. The second year due to Liam Sutcliffe having a fall out with chesterfield college they did it with a tutor at gosforth valley run I think by VLUK ( virtual learning uk). So goodness knows what they mean by Oxford Academy knowing the afore mentioned LS he's probably linking it with Oxford university. I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Issued on CFC 2001 Ltd paper I see.

#1526 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

latest article in DT is a concern an all

This Oxford Academy

A quick google search brings up a few schools and a music venue using this name - would a secondary school be involved in such a venture miles away from their base location?

I am pretty confused with all this now

#1527 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 24 May 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Issued on CFC 2001 Ltd paper I see.

It's nothing to do with th club Nigel!

#1528 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

DCC and Fire Brigade on Turnipes case ! See DT thread. How long before the Chairman makes some comment and decisive action??
#notapennymore

#1529 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostMorgan5, on 24 May 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

#1530 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:13 PM

Well it has to be said, the grammar on the contract leaves a lot to be desired.......amertuerish is an understatement. For goodness sake lets let's get rid of these clowns.

Connected or not connected, this shambles is damaging to CFC, and since the chairman appears incapable of action, the responsibility falls on us as fans to get to the truth and restore the good name of our club to one of pride.

If it means parents, ex employees or disgruntled business partners speaking up then it should be done. Yes it may drag the club down in the short term but surely we have to see the big picture here........just imagine how things might look should CT and LS be allowed to continue unchecked.

#1531 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

do they say the BTEC is equivalent to 3 A levels an all?

can't see that being correct

Can be - all modular and mainly done by the tutors rather than students (especially at football Academies)!

#1532 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

I have just been contacted by someone who has experienced the inadequesies at the DC and it doesn't make for good reading.

#1533 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostMrhappy, on 24 May 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

I have just been contacted by someone who has experienced the inadequesies at the DC and it doesn't make for good reading.

Tell them to contact our two intrepid reporters at the Derbyshire Times.

These two guys are certainly starting to restore my faith in said newspaper.

#1534 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:42 PM

I do know that as boys and parents were being sold the idea of the DC/PPP or whatever it's called this week, they were informed that there would be 2 boys sharing a room, Sky TV would be available along with Internet.......the reality was somewhat different. 6 to a room, no Sky TV, or communal TV and no wifi......

#1535 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostCartman, on 24 May 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

do they say the BTEC is equivalent to 3 A levels an all?

can't see that being correct

It is meant to be, but, in reality, it is absolutely nowhere near 3 A levels. I've taught it and can categorically state it's THE most garbage qualification there is....a garden gnome could pass it!

#1536 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostMrhappy, on 24 May 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

I do know that as boys and parents were being sold the idea of the DC/PPP or whatever it's called this week, they were informed that there would be 2 boys sharing a room, Sky TV would be available along with Internet.......the reality was somewhat different. 6 to a room, no Sky TV, or communal TV and no wifi......

Tell them just to club together and get a top quality solicitor, he'd finish it off by the sounds of things.
East stand second class citizen.

#1537 User is offline   Morgan5 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostMrhappy, on 24 May 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

All true and not to mention the fact that when they were travelling to matches the minibus situation was less than adequate with some of the lads doubling up on seats or sitting on the floor in the aisles!!!

#1538 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 24 May 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

It is meant to be, but, in reality, it is absolutely nowhere near 3 A levels. I've taught it and can categorically state it's THE most garbage qualification there is....a garden gnome could pass it!

My family that teach and other friends just laugh at a qualification where there was no real deadline for assignments, due to a "no fail system" due to teachers marking with feedback that officially doesn't tell you what's missing, but actually does.

It was best described as putting the baby in baby-sitting - spoon feeding and ass-wiping all day long

#1539 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostMorgan5, on 24 May 2016 - 07:57 PM, said:

All true and not to mention the fact that when they were travelling to matches the minibus situation was less than adequate with some of the lads doubling up on seats or sitting on the floor in the aisles!!!

If true, and I've no idea if it is, that is absolutely scandalous. For gods sake DA issue a statement.
East stand second class citizen.

#1540 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 24 May 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Is this where the idea comes from? Oxford United Academy

And this could be the "syllabus" that CT refers to: Oh look...another BTEC course

The Oxford Academy was formed as recently as 2008.

Following an Ofsted inspection in 2012 it was placed in 'Special Measures' following a report that listed it as 'Inadequate'.

At the time it was described as " The worst school in the county" and also confirmed as 25th worst in the country.

It came out of special measures in 2015 with a rating of 'Requiring Improvement'.

Source of information: The Oxford Times.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users