Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Mps Under Threat Over Gaza Opinions - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mps Under Threat Over Gaza Opinions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 February 2024 - 11:27 PM

Just watching SN and seeing politicians of both sides being abused and threatened, some times by gangs outside their own homes, by groups purporting to support a ceasefire in Palestine, not support of Hamas of course, and is this what our politicians now have to face. Politicians of all sides, if you don’t take the pro Gaza, pro ceasefire, not supporting Hamas of course, stance then we will bully and threaten you, intimidate you, maybe even attack you. We even saw it in Parliament the other day where the leader of her majesty’s opposition was that in thrall, or fear, of upsetting the pro Palestine supporters that he single handedly wrecked years and years of parliamentary process and bullied the speaker into making an inconceivable decision whereby outside influence, Palestine support again, decided on how a vote in the house was decided.
We have politicians of both sides being suspended, having the whip withdrawn, for perceived anti Islamic and antisemitic views.
I’m sure millions and millions of UK citizens of all side look at this and simply think…what on earth is happening? Why does this concern me? Did I vote my MP in to argue these causes? Are they standing up for my rights, a constituent of theirs. Do we really think the vast, vast majority of voters, of all sides, are really that interested in whether there’s a ceasefire in Gaza?
Welcome to UK politics today.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 25 February 2024 - 11:46 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:57 AM

Does the average U.K. citizen give a toss? Most would rather have their bins collected regularly.

If an MP chooses to be outspoken on certain topics they can expect to get the odd threat. If they can’t accept that stfu or get another job

#3 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tarn, cycling.

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:59 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 February 2024 - 11:27 PM, said:

I’m sure millions and millions of UK citizens of all side look at this and simply think…what on earth is happening? Why does this concern me? Did I vote my MP in to argue these causes? Are they standing up for my rights, a constituent of theirs. Do we really think the vast, vast majority of voters, of all sides, are really that interested in whether there’s a ceasefire in Gaza?

Apart from the thinly veiled criticism of KS what was the point of the post? Are the questions rhetorical?

I don’t know tbh if people are interested in Gaza. I imagine lots of people aren’t.

Do we get the politicians we deserve?
"Can't change or choose your football club. Sorry son"

#4 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:15 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 25 February 2024 - 11:27 PM, said:

Just watching SN and seeing politicians of both sides being abused and threatened, some times by gangs outside their own homes, by groups purporting to support a ceasefire in Palestine, not support of Hamas of course, and is this what our politicians now have to face. Politicians of all sides, if you don’t take the pro Gaza, pro ceasefire, not supporting Hamas of course, stance then we will bully and threaten you, intimidate you, maybe even attack you. We even saw it in Parliament the other day where the leader of her majesty’s opposition was that in thrall, or fear, of upsetting the pro Palestine supporters that he single handedly wrecked years and years of parliamentary process and bullied the speaker into making an inconceivable decision whereby outside influence, Palestine support again, decided on how a vote in the house was decided.
We have politicians of both sides being suspended, having the whip withdrawn, for perceived anti Islamic and antisemitic views.

Sort of what Lee Anderson was saying
JRID

#5 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:17 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 26 February 2024 - 07:57 AM, said:

Does the average U.K. citizen give a toss? Most would rather have their bins collected regularly.

If an MP chooses to be outspoken on certain topics they can expect to get the odd threat. If they can’t accept that stfu or get another job

It’s outspoken no to demand a ceasefire?

They should stfu if they would prefer a pause?

They should expect threats if they don’t comply?

Typical Islamic hate speak

This post has been edited by Search & Destroy: 26 February 2024 - 08:20 AM

JRID

#6 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:20 AM

View Posts42blue, on 26 February 2024 - 07:59 AM, said:

Apart from the thinly veiled criticism of KS what was the point of the post? Are the questions rhetorical?

I don’t know tbh if people are interested in Gaza. I imagine lots of people aren’t.

Do we get the politicians we deserve?

Your first sentence asks what the points fit post is, then you a say you don’t know if people are interested in Gaza, the point of my post I suppose.
East stand second class citizen.

#7 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:23 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 26 February 2024 - 07:57 AM, said:

MPs, I’m sure expect threats but they shouldn’t have to from anyone or any group.

Otherwise we go from democracy to who knows what? Law of the mob?

View PostMr Mercury, on 26 February 2024 - 08:20 AM, said:

Your first sentence asks what the points fit post is, then you a say you don’t know if people are interested in Gaza, the point of my post I suppose.

As it wasn’t clear but I took the opportunity to throw in my tuppeneth worth.

#8 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:40 AM

View Posts42blue, on 26 February 2024 - 08:23 AM, said:

MPs, I’m sure expect threats but they shouldn’t have to from anyone or any group.

Otherwise we go from democracy to who knows what? Law of the mob?

As it wasn’t clear but I took the opportunity to throw in my tuppeneth worth.

Can we not be honest ?

It’s Islam, and when an MP calls it out for what it is, he’s removed

https://www.thenatio...prime-minister/
JRID

#9 User is offline   s42blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:57 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 26 February 2024 - 08:40 AM, said:

Can we not be honest ?

It’s Islam, and when an MP calls it out for what it is, he’s removed

Mine was a generic response. No MP should be threatened by any group. The fact they expect to is a sad indictment on society as a whole.

#10 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:42 AM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 26 February 2024 - 08:40 AM, said:

Can we not be honest ?

It’s >the Jews< and when an MP calls it out for what it is, he’s removed

Yup, Andy Burnham was right...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#11 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:33 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 26 February 2024 - 09:42 AM, said:

Yup, Andy Burnham was right...

Was Andy Burnham right when he criticised the Labour Party for not dealing with antisemitism claims within the party in 2016 and made a very similar claim around not dealing quickly enough with antisemitism from within the party in 2024?

Similar claims from a prominent Labour MP 8 years apart.

#12 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:50 AM

View PostValley Blues, on 26 February 2024 - 11:33 AM, said:

Was Andy Burnham right when he criticised the Labour Party for not dealing with antisemitism claims within the party in 2016 and made a very similar claim around not dealing quickly enough with antisemitism from within the party in 2024?

Similar claims from a prominent Labour MP 8 years apart.

Without knowing what you're quoting - can you supply a link? - I'd say anyone calling out bigotry is right.

Whether it's anti Semitism or Islamophobia.

Interesting that you choose to reference one whilst ignoring blatant examples of the other, here...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 26 February 2024 - 11:50 AM

#13 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2024 - 01:11 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 26 February 2024 - 11:50 AM, said:

Without knowing what you're quoting - can you supply a link? - I'd say anyone calling out bigotry is right.

Whether it's anti Semitism or Islamophobia.

Interesting that you choose to reference one whilst ignoring blatant examples of the other, here...

The reference was to Andy Burnham.

His observations and criticism of the Tory party are being quoted and agreed with.

I simply asked if his observations and criticism of the slow response of his own party to take action over antisemitism was also correct?

Twice, eight years apart, posing the obvious question has anything really changed within the party?

I’m sure there’ll be links easy enough to find but the one last week was in relation to the Rochdale MP where he thought action was too slow by the Labour Party to deal with antisemitism. Again.

#14 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 01:29 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 26 February 2024 - 01:11 PM, said:

The reference was to Andy Burnham.

His observations and criticism of the Tory party are being quoted and agreed with.

I simply asked if his observations and criticism of the slow response of his own party to take action over antisemitism was also correct?

Twice, eight years apart, posing the obvious question has anything really changed within the party?

I’m sure there’ll be links easy enough to find but the one last week was in relation to the Rochdale MP where he thought action was too slow by the Labour Party to deal with antisemitism. Again.

No, the reference was to 'S&D's bigotry.

Using Andy Burnham's quote about exchanging the term 'Islam' for 'Jews' to highlight it.

But you chose to divert to something you claim he said several years ago and anti Semitism within Labour. Something you either can't or can't be bothered to link.

So in the absence of such detail I repeat; I stand by anyone calling out prejudice be it against Jews, Muslims or others. Feel free to join me - there're plenty of examples on here and beyond...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 26 February 2024 - 01:31 PM

#15 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2024 - 02:14 PM

Article in the paper today (the Telegraph, sorry, must make it untrue...) which says that there is a whatsapp group for predominantly the new Tory Mps who came in at the 2019 election, and lots of them are getting correspondence in support of 30p Lee... Now I cant vouch for it but its interesting they are former red wall seats where the voters are seemingly of the same opinion....

I do know a friend who is a diary sec for a Labour MP has been told they cant go to the constituency office because of the potential threats to them from the public around the Gaza conflict.

Its a mess.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#16 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 02:49 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 26 February 2024 - 01:29 PM, said:

No, the reference was to 'S&D's bigotry.

Using Andy Burnham's quote about exchanging the term 'Islam' for 'Jews' to highlight it.

But you chose to divert to something you claim he said several years ago and anti Semitism within Labour. Something you either can't or can't be bothered to link.

So in the absence of such detail I repeat; I stand by anyone calling out prejudice be it against Jews, Muslims or others. Feel free to join me - there're plenty of examples on here and beyond...

Bigotry?

Which direction do you think these threats to MPs are coming from?

If you’re not sure then have a rational think about it

Do you think it could be from the likes of these?

https://www.dailymai...-Coca-Cola.html

This post has been edited by Search & Destroy: 26 February 2024 - 02:54 PM

JRID

#17 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 04:11 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 26 February 2024 - 02:49 PM, said:

Bigotry?

Yes bigotry.

Are you gonna play more of your games trying to deny it? What we've witnessed in post after post on page after page? Why don't you have the honesty - your word - to own it?

And you're slithering again. Desperately diverting to a non story. You said "It's Islam", once more conflating the actions of a minority with those of an entire religion. In exactly the same way you were sniping at others for doing recently.

Classic hypocrisy as so easily proven by what I'm now dubbing the 'Burnham Test'.

You also said Anderson was "removed" for "calling it out". No he wasn't - he was suspended for saying 'Islamists control Sadiq Khan' before blurting 'He's given our capital city to his mates'. Ignorant. Pig ignorant. Moronic, in fact. But worst of all mindlessly Islamophobic.

Simply apply the 'Burnham Test' and we're back to the nineteen thirties.

There are legitimate issues, here. An atrocity committed on Oct seven and one continuing in Gaza. The intelligent amongst us can equally condemn both as they can equally condemn anti Semitism and Islamophobia.

On the other hand there's Anderson and those declaring him a hero...

Edit: which would apparently include the GeeBeebies still to sack him...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 26 February 2024 - 04:17 PM

#18 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 04:24 PM

View PostSearch & Destroy, on 26 February 2024 - 02:49 PM, said:

Bigotry?

Well Jo Cox was killed by a white northern loner with personal problems and low self esteem……

S&D…..are you ok?

#19 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 26 February 2024 - 04:54 PM

What a shame such a nice man has been suspended....

....still I suppose the positive is that he will now have plenty of spare time to practice whipping up a few 30p meals!

This post has been edited by Middle East: 26 February 2024 - 04:54 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#20 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:21 PM

Suella, you go girl

We need to urgently focus now on the big problem: how to tackle Islamist extremism in the UK.

The hysteria in response to those calling out the crisis is one of the reasons why we’re not making progress.

Language does matter but it’s time for resolute government action
JRID

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users