Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Trump. Just...trump. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trump. Just...trump. Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 14 January 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

People leave the UK too you melt

Not clinging onto the axles of lorries they don’t
JRID

#42 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostGoku, on 19 January 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Interesting that you're anti-abortion. Why is that?

Refusing to perform operations which is part of your job is a little bit different to me being against the ongoing animal holocaust. If you don't want to perform operations don't become involved in that industry. Your view that 'they're just expressing their view' is supportive of discriminatory behaviour and is trans-exclusionary, as if an already widely hated and marginalised group of people needed any more of that.

Well that's certainly not me. Recent episode of my generalisation about Brexit voters being racists aside, for the most part I'll break down counter arguments with facts, logic and I provide sources and reference points when possible. Perhaps what you've written above is how you want me to act like, but I assure you that for the vast majority of the time it's not how I am and I'm certain that those whose opinions I respect on this forum (death, misnomer, frearsghost etc) would back me up on that (again excluding the brexit rant where I threw my toys out of the pram). You've been known to stamp your feet and demand apologies from people on here who hold different opinions to you, perhaps you're thinking of yourself?

You argue very eloquently in my opinion. Even when I disagree with you (which isn't that often actually) I still appreciate the way you go about getting your point(s) across.

#43 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

View PostGoku, on 19 January 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

It's just Trump once again appealing to his demographic, Josh.

He revels in the crass and ugly because he knows those that vote for him say similar things, are sick and tired of more liberal/educated/progressive/civilised/commie-pinko-Jewboy-queers* (delete where applicable) telling them they're wrong, and realises they'll applaud him for 'saying it how it is'.

With accompanying whoops and cheers, of course.

*Sincere apologies if anyone's offended but I'm merely quoting one of the 'good ol' boys' in 'Mississippi Burning' to make a point. And yeah, I do get the hypocrisy of accusing Trump of crass and ugly language whilst using such terms myself. Again, I'm merely making a point, though

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 20 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#44 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 20 January 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

But that's because no one in the UK faces death because of their religion...or race...or tribal background...or sexual orientation...or political persuasion...

#45 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 20 January 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

But that's because no one in the UK faces death because of their religion...or race...or tribal background...or sexual orientation...or political persuasion...

Nor do people in Calais
JRID

#46 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Which therefore makes the countries that do practice such things sH£th&&s. Sorry can’t work out whether you’re agreeing with him or not.

#47 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 20 January 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

It's still better than Ryanair.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#48 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

View PostGoku, on 19 January 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Not really....

Women having abortions and transgenders should have equal rights to everyone else and they do. If this was brought in, these people would still access the same treatment and opportunities, it's simply that people who don't wish to perform these duties don't have to.

I'm not really for against it, on one hand I don't like any form of pandering to religion, something we do too much of in this country, especially with Islam but on the other hand it's not really going to effect anyone as all treatment will still be given. And like I say I'm not a fan of religion at all but America is a western country, like Britain, that is inclusive and compassionate in regards to it's citizens religious beliefs, rightly or wrongly. It's hard to please everyone
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#49 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

And people in France do?
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#50 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 22 January 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

It's still better than Ryanair.

Haha 😂
JRID

#51 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

Now trying to “cover his ass” in a typical move that will further sow division
頑張れ日本!!!

#52 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Gahhhhh...so blooming obvious the bouffant one has been sleeping in Putin’s bed now. GET THE GREASEBALL OUT!!! (and the same for our presidential lot🙏)
頑張れ日本!!!

#53 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Okay Mr Negga - please come out and give me a worthwhile argument for these two belated negs. Then, I’ll try and back up what I say.
頑張れ日本!!!

#54 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

So let's get this straight.

Trump refuses to agree even the most anaemic statement with long term allies against whom he's intent on pursuing a trade war. At a get-together he insists Putin's Russia should be attending. Then after leaving their company insultingly early he fires off more insults which his staff amplify.

Fast forward a couple of days and he's buddying-up to a monster responsible for countless murders - including members of his own family, who oversees concentration camps, uses systematic starvation to oppress his people and has offered not a single guarantee he'll abide by similar agreements to the ones his predecessors reneged on. Before dangling the prospect of sanctions being lifted because, well, because he enjoyed an ego masturbating PR fest with the aforementioned monster.

Maybe we'll never know if there're links between Trump and Putin. Just as we'll never know if Russia interfered with both the EU Referendum and US Election. However what we do know is Trump and Brexit are creating instability that must have the Kremlin rubbing their hands with glee...

#55 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 13 June 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

So let's get this straight.

Fast forward a couple of days and he's buddying-up to a monster responsible for countless murders - including members of his own family, who oversees concentration camps, uses systematic starvation to oppress his people and has offered not a single guarantee he'll abide by similar agreements to the ones his predecessors reneged on. Before dangling the prospect of sanctions being lifted because, well, because he enjoyed an ego masturbating PR fest with the aforementioned monster.

Buddying up is surely the best way of changing the situation.

I have to say I was gob smacked by the quality of Trump's live press conference, which I had previously thought he was incapable of. No earpieces; no assistance from aids; no notes I could see; no desire for a quick getaway; good grasp of the subject.

Another thing that I'm surprised none of the media experts cottoned on to.....
Trump sets so much stall on his ability to weigh up people early that if he's wrong about the monster he'll be a laughing stock. That's why I think this is far more advanced behind the scenes than is currently evident.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#56 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

View Postdim view, on 14 June 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Buddying up is surely the best way of changing the situation.

I have to say I was gob smacked by the quality of Trump's live press conference, which I had previously thought he was incapable of. No earpieces; no assistance from aids; no notes I could see; no desire for a quick getaway; good grasp of the subject.

Another thing that I'm surprised none of the media experts cottoned on to.....
Trump sets so much stall on his ability to weigh up people early that if he's wrong about the monster he'll be a laughing stock. That's why I think this is far more advanced behind the scenes than is currently evident.

I have to agree. I suppose it's diplomacy. I mean, what is he supposed to do, face him and call him a fat pig? That wouldn't be a good start would it. It's a beginning. I hope he succeeds. Egotistical and repugnant Trump may be and you don't have to like him, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of striking some sort of deal that makes the world a safer place and starts North Korea on the road to civilisation. That's great for all Koreans on the peninsula. It may all be an NK bluff of course. We'll have to wait and see.

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 14 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

#57 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

There's diplomacy or dialogue or some sort of contact with even the worst regimes.

However what none of Trump's predecessors have done is offer the North Koreans a huge PR gift like this.

Not only has the supposed leader of the free world (read: liberal, democratic and law-based) embraced their godhead as an equal, but cancelling the joint South Korean military exercises - because in his own words they were 'provocative' - pandered to everything the North Korean propaganda machine's been peddling for decades.

There's an old saying about keeping your friends close yet your enemies closer. Trump seems to be taking it far too literally, though.

#58 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 14 June 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

There's diplomacy or dialogue or some sort of contact with even the worst regimes.

However what none of Trump's predecessors have done is offer the North Koreans a huge PR gift like this.

Not only has the supposed leader of the free world (read: liberal, democratic and law-based) embraced their godhead as an equal, but cancelling the joint South Korean military exercises - because in his own words they were 'provocative' - pandered to everything the North Korean propaganda machine's been peddling for decades.

There's an old saying about keeping your friends close yet your enemies closer. Trump seems to be taking it far too literally, though.

He hasn't withdrawn the troups, just stopped 'em playing on the peninsula. Them and the South Koreans can simply helicopter/C17/aircraft carrier off to somewhere a bit more discrete to practice,like Okinowa. It's not a major concession, though Jong-Un might think it is.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#59 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

Latest: Trump imposes the disgusting policy of separating two, maybe three year old kids from their families to pander to the bigots, racists and xenaphobes that vote for him.

He then claims it was a Democrat measure he's powerless to repeal.

However the resulting backlash has him doing exactly that.

So, yet again the most powerful man on the planet is proven a liar.

Meanwhile there's still no sign of the wall he claimed he'd make Mexico pay for.

Question: why do people who've been lied to time and time again stand by the person doing so?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 22 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

#60 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 June 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Latest: Trump imposes the disgusting policy of separating two, maybe three year old kids from their families to pander to the bigots, racists and xenaphobes that vote for him.

He then claims it was a Democrat measure he's powerless to repeal.

However the resulting backlash has him doing exactly that.

So, yet again the most powerful man on the planet is proven a liar.

Meanwhile there's still no sign of the wall he claimed he'd make Mexico pay for.

Question: why do people who've been lied to time and time again stand by the person doing so?

That question is open to Theresa May supporters as well.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

Share this topic:

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users