• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Numb 45 Years a Spireite may end like this

#1 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:24 PM

My first game was many years ago, it seems like yesterday, walking onto the kop as an impressionable kid.

I was hooked.

I have supported a LEAGUE team through thick and thin, more thin than thick !

I have never lost hope, never gone to a match thinking we couldn't win, until recently.

Have I ever seen the club run so badly?
A big push under Arthur Cox saw a gamble that didnt pay off, The Norton Lea era could have seen us move on but he cut and run. Darren Brown was a convicted fraudster so he had an excuse for a lack of financial prudence! The post Brown Board worked wonders with limited resources.

Then our Saviour a man with a successful business empire, a track record in hospitality a desire to prove something in Football appeared a perfect fit.

A new ground , success on the pitch and arguably some of the best years to be a Spireite.

We had hope and entertainment in spades.

Then the rot well and truly set in.

The only people to blame are those who made the decisions, appointed the managers, oversaw recruitment, pressured other shareholders to move on, associated with characters of dubious ethics.

If CFC was a PLC the board would have been roundly voted off as being totally unfit for purpose.

There are no winners DA will have spent millions and lost much of his own money. He doubtless rues the day he got involved.

In addition to physical expenditure on tickets etc the fans have lost their club, their pride their passion something you cannot quantify in monetary terms.

I sat watching last night, numb to the defeat, sad to the core at what my club has become as a result of abysmal management.

I never thought I would not care but now I know how AC can sit there seemingly emotionless, simple he doesn't and never has cared about CFC.

DA naively thought he could be a success and make money out of the club , he wasn't and has not. I guess he will care very much about his missing money, not about CFC.

The club has become like a much loved family pet thats very ill, we need a miracle cure or to be put down to end all our suffering.

#2 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

The family pet line is very true.do we wring its neck and put it out of it's misery in seconds,ie sack and pay off sheridan and financially cripple the club?
Or do we let it run its natural course,just watch the club drop another division and die slowly over a period of months?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users